Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out? - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2017, 10:45 AM   #271
The Fly

Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
At the moment there are only 94 tickets left for Tampa, So it will be a sellout.
Louisville have about 3000 reserved left, and they may have just opened up a few GA's this morning.
I just counted 410 left for Tampa.

Two more sections opened up.

That's the thing with monitoring sales via TM -- you just never know for certain what's been sold in the grayed out areas.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #272
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Minneapolis is clearly the top seller of the Leg 3 US dates, with only one price level left. Unfortunately, that price level is the ludicrously overpriced $165 upper level seats, but at least they've sold all the $290, $100, etc seats.

San Diego, St Louis, Detroit, and KC seem to be in the next tier, with hopefully 2 or 3 of them being close to sold out by showtime in September. Or at least mostly sold out save for 2 or 3 sections here or there. (KC has a bigger stadium than the other three, so even though they still have a fair number of seats remaining, it wouldn't surprise me if they've still sold more seats than some of these other places.)

Buffalo and Indianapolis seem to have lots and lots of seats available. Live Nation may want to spend some advertising money in those cities to try to help move those tickets.

Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 AM   #273
Acrobat

Local Time: 07:09 AM
It will be interesting looking at the Pittsburgh Boxscore for this tour and comparing it to the 360 boxscore. One would think that a nostalgia tour for the Joshua Tree album would easily beat a tour for the No Line On The Horizon album, but that won't be the case.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:47 AM   #274
War Child

Local Time: 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bono2017 View Post
It will be interesting looking at the Pittsburgh Boxscore for this tour and comparing it to the 360 boxscore. One would think that a nostalgia tour for the Joshua Tree album would easily beat a tour for the No Line On The Horizon album, but that won't be the case.
Yeah, the 360 tour was more or less "in-the-round" and they were able to sell most if not all seats in the stadium while this tour is a traditional end stage setup that blocks off a good 1/4th+ seats that go behind the stage. Also, the 360 tour simply had a *lot* more dates, even in a one year period.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:48 AM   #275
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
Minneapolis is clearly the top seller of the Leg 3 US dates, with only one price level left. Unfortunately, that price level is the ludicrously overpriced $165 upper level seats, but at least they've sold all the $290, $100, etc seats.

San Diego, St Louis, Detroit, and KC seem to be in the next tier, with hopefully 2 or 3 of them being close to sold out by showtime in September. Or at least mostly sold out save for 2 or 3 sections here or there. (KC has a bigger stadium than the other three, so even though they still have a fair number of seats remaining, it wouldn't surprise me if they've still sold more seats than some of these other places.)

Buffalo and Indianapolis seem to have lots and lots of seats available. Live Nation may want to spend some advertising money in those cities to try to help move those tickets.
Pretty shocked Buffalo isn't pulling more folks from Toronto area. Not too far away and a huge U2 city. But yet again, they are playing a show just 3 hours from another one they just played (Pittsburgh) which had its own issues. So they probably already got a lot of people from Buffalo go to Pittsburgh. I just don't understand the logic of these locations.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:57 AM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Fly View Post
I just counted 410 left for Tampa.

Two more sections opened up.

That's the thing with monitoring sales via TM -- you just never know for certain what's been sold in the grayed out areas.
Yeah, it actually looks like they just opened up 4 new obstructed view areas. My guess is that these won't count as "unsold" tickets in the final count because of the view status. So I think Tampa will be labeled a sellout.

That said, I would guess that would give tampa at least a 55-60k attendance. Well over double Popmart attendance and about 15,000 less than 360 where they set an attendance record of almost 73,000
Old 06-13-2017, 12:12 PM   #277
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Interesting looking at ZOOTV numbers. I forgot that the attendance of these shows were not spectacular.

Detroit - 37k
Kansas City - 38k
St. Louis - 48k
SanDiego - 34k
Tampa - 42k

I would say JT tour has these numbers beat already and they just went on sale yesterday.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:11 PM   #278
The Fly

Quote:
Well over double Popmart attendance and about 15,000 less than 360 where they set an attendance record of almost 73,000
I was at that Tampa 360 show on the floor, up front center stage. And I remember after the band finishing MOS, Bono turning to walk off and saw him look up to take in the upper level sections at the "side/back" of the stage.

The place was absolutely packed.

Had to be a good feeling for him and the rest of the band, after that horrid showing for POPMART their last visit in Tampa.

I'll be there tomorrow night too, hoping for a packed house as was the case in Miami.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 AM   #279
Blue Crack Distributor

They listed Pittsburgh as a sell out, so yes... every show will "sell out"

Many shows, however, will have lots of empty seats.
Old 06-15-2017, 02:02 AM   #280
Acrobat

Quote:
Interesting looking at ZOOTV numbers. I forgot that the attendance of these shows were not spectacular.

Detroit - 37k
Kansas City - 38k
St. Louis - 48k
SanDiego - 34k
Tampa - 42k

I would say JT tour has these numbers beat already and they just went on sale yesterday.
Remember, some of these shows were weakened by the fact that U2 had already played an arena show there earlier in the year.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:30 PM   #281
Acrobat

Looks like New Orleans is definitely going to be the toughest to fill up.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:46 PM   #282
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono2017 View Post
Looks like New Orleans is definitely going to be the toughest to fill up.

If they can fill the lower bowl up then they will do well. New Orleans and St. Louis look the worst sellers by far
Old 06-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #283
Blue Crack Addict

Must be a Mississississississississississississississississippi River thing.
Old 06-17-2017, 01:06 PM   #284
The Fly

Quote:
Pretty shocked Buffalo isn't pulling more folks from Toronto area. Not too far away and a huge U2 city. But yet again, they are playing a show just 3 hours from another one they just played (Pittsburgh) which had its own issues. So they probably already got a lot of people from Buffalo go to Pittsburgh. I just don't understand the logic of these locations.
There is no logic to this tour.
1 concert for Dublin ,1 for Germany ,1 for Spain .
3 of their biggest markets
Only 12 concerts for the whole of Europe ,absolutely pathetic planning.

They could sell out 4 nights in Dublin,heck they could have sold out 4 nights in Dublin,and 2 in Cork ,yet they choose to play smaller capacity venues in the US that haven't a hope of selling out .
Old 06-17-2017, 02:04 PM   #285
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fano View Post
There is no logic to this tour.
1 concert for Dublin ,1 for Germany ,1 for Spain .
3 of their biggest markets
Only 12 concerts for the whole of Europe ,absolutely pathetic planning.

They could sell out 4 nights in Dublin,heck they could have sold out 4 nights in Dublin,and 2 in Cork ,yet they choose to play smaller capacity venues in the US that haven't a hope of selling out .
Given the nature of the tour I think the message dictates the US dates and focus.

Hoping for fans around the world to get to see this tour of course. But I think I understand what U2 is about with this outing.