Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out? - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #241
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2K View Post
Yeah, I was in the back upper deck. That seemed pretty packed to me. I was a little confused by which sections in the side upper deck were blocked out - I assume the corners had obstructed view reasons?
They blocked out the top half of the upper decks on each side, from what i could tell on what was available on TM, for ticket demand reasons. And probably some far corners for view reasons.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:42 PM   #242
The Fly

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Only about 400 scattered upper deck seats open for Tampa, plus about 650 of the 1200 obstructed view seats that were opened up on Monday.
So my gut says Tampa is a sellout or 99% there by show day.
The Tampa turnout won't be embarrassing at all, but it won't be 100% sold out.

I thought from the beginning that a complete sellout for Tampa, Houston, Pittsburgh and Louisville would never happen. That appears to be holding up.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the newly listed shows (in the US) don't sell out 100% either.

Especially St Louis and Kansas City -- I went to see a 360 show in St Louis and that didn't even sell out (I read it was around 3000 short) and that was in the baseball stadium!

Old 06-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #243
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Fly View Post
I went to see a 360 show in St Louis and that didn't even sell out (I read it was around 3000 short) and that was in the baseball stadium!

That was with all four corners of the stadium open though. Not sure whether the stadium there playing on this tour is bigger or smaller though
Old 06-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #244
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

I thought from the beginning that a complete sellout for Tampa, Houston, Pittsburgh and Louisville would never happen. That appears to be holding up.

I wouldn't be surprised if none of the newly listed shows (in the US) don't sell out 100% either.

Especially St Louis and Kansas City -- I went to see a 360 show in St Louis and that didn't even sell out (I read it was around 3000 short) and that was in the baseball stadium!
My guess is they may pull those "obstructed view" tickets for Tampa at the end, and call it a sellout. We'll see.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:43 PM   #245
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Not up on your tech there stinger, are we?
Nope, I'm not the tech/tweet queen you are Donald.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #246
Acrobat

Quote:
I read this morning that the upper tiers were covered in tarp and people reassigned to sit in the lower level.

They'd better save that tarp for the St Louis and Kansas City shows.

Perhaps some of the others too.
The entire upper Tier?
Old 06-08-2017, 05:01 PM   #247
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Yeah it will be interesting. St. Louis is sandwiched in between Kansas City and Indy, but they both have their own shows, so they won't be pulling from either of those metro areas. Probably will get people from Chicago area and even Memphis though. Such an odd decision to play all three of those cities.
U2 have not played Kansas City or Indianapolis for 16 years now. Back in 2001 they got attendance of 13,456 for Kansas and 15,088 for Indy. But 16 years is a long time and U2 did do a stadium show in Indy on the Joshua Tree Tour that had nearly 40,000 people as well as a Stadium show on ZOO TV in Kansas that had 37,000 in attendance. Perhaps that see it has another Norman or Nashville from 360 in the making, although those places had not been played by U2 since the early 1980s so its not the same parallel.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #248
Acrobat

Quote:

St. Louis was the weakest seller or slowest seller on the Vertigo Tour back in 2005. It was the only show that did not achieve an initial sellout on the day tickets went on sale. They sold everything in front and on the sides of the stage, but sales stopped cold when it came to the rear stage area. Those were eventually sold though by the time of the show. Still, I was surprised when it the city was able to snag a 360 show for 2011 leg.
Old 06-08-2017, 05:15 PM   #249
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So is there anything worthy of being mentioned about the fact that 4 of the 7 new US shows are in stadiums with roofs? (Detroit, Indy, Minny, StL)
Old 06-08-2017, 06:19 PM   #250
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Here's a pretty good video of the crowd. That's honestly about what I figured it would look like. Not too hateful, not so empty that it was a distraction. Had the upper levels been around $35 during the initial burst of sales, it probably would've sold out.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #251
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post
Here's a pretty good video of the crowd. That's honestly about what I figured it would look like. Not too hateful, not so empty that it was a distraction. Had the upper levels been around $35 during the initial burst of sales, it probably would've sold out.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:02 PM   #252
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_acrobat View Post

Old 06-08-2017, 08:50 PM   #253
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono2017 View Post
The entire upper Tier?
Here's the quote:

"It'll go down as one of the lower-selling shows of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017, but the Pittsburgh audience on Wednesday night was treated to what sounded like another terrific show. "

The original article mentioned the tarps, but apparently modified the "news" and withdrew mention of the tarps and the sections.

<shrug>

Still a decent crowd from the looks of it. Could have been worse.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #254
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

With that crowd they still could've filled the PPG Paint Arena twice in Pittsburgh, so that's still better than most bands would do.
Old 06-09-2017, 06:39 AM   #255
New Yorker

Looks a good crowd to me and there loving it