Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I count around 1000 tix left for the show in Indianapolis tonight, not counting floor tickets still available.

So let's say there are 2000 left, with maybe a few more to be sold before concert time.

Not too bad.

Unfortunately, the rest of the shows will not be as good, except for San Diego.

I'm hoping the Hurricane doesn't thwart my New Orleans trip.

I'm going to be there in Indy tonight. As you said, there will probably be 1,000-2,000 unsold tickets total, but I imagine it will appear to be a full house to the naked eye. I'll report back my findings!

But yeah, I think KC, NO, StL and Phoenix are gonna all have sections tarped off, like what happened in Pittsburgh. If they can have over 40,000 people in KC, NO and StL, that will be a smashing success in my book. I expected better from Phoenix, though. Maybe the fact that U2 just played 2 shows there in 2015 has something to do with it, but still this show SHOULD sell out. We'll see what it looks like!

I expected better from Phoenix, though. Maybe the fact that U2 just played 2 shows there in 2015 has something to do with it, but still this show SHOULD sell out. We'll see what it looks like!

I attended the 2nd show in Phoenix and discovered that the people sitting next to me were from out of town. The next day, taking a Grand Canyon Tour, I struck up a conversation with someone who attended both Phoenix shows, and they were from the Midwest.

Now that's a limited sampling to be sure. But it might be an indication that while both shows were a sellout, a number of people from other parts came to Phoenix to help with that, perhaps falsely inflating U2's popularity there? (as an aside, while flying to a Chicago later that same tour, I saw a guy from New Orleans who flew up for the show, presumably since U2 didn't hit the southeast for I&E, but another example of fan transplants helping to fill other venues in other cities)

If I can't make the New Orleans show because of the hurricane disruption, I'll consider the Phoenix show. I think it would be amazing to see them on this particular tour play a stadium there.

Good chance they play In God's Country. They always try to sneak that into their shows in Phoenix

I'm going to be there in Indy tonight. As you said, there will probably be 1,000-2,000 unsold tickets total, but I imagine it will appear to be a full house to the naked eye. I'll report back my findings!

But yeah, I think KC, NO, StL and Phoenix are gonna all have sections tarped off, like what happened in Pittsburgh. If they can have over 40,000 people in KC, NO and StL, that will be a smashing success in my book. I expected better from Phoenix, though. Maybe the fact that U2 just played 2 shows there in 2015 has something to do with it, but still this show SHOULD sell out. We'll see what it looks like!

I saw the 360 Tour show here in Phoenix and there were sections tarped off then as well. They still considered it a sell out as they met the minimum quota required. I assume this will happen again.

Indy seemed to be 95%+ full. You could see some empty seats in a few sections in the upper sides, but not many. They definitely can't complain about the size of that crowd!

New boxscores released

Detroit 43k
Buffalo 41k
Minneapolis 43k
Indianapolis 52k

Kansas City wasn't released yet

From some New Orleans press

Revisiting the 30-year-old “The Joshua Tree,” their most popular album, is by definition a commercially expedient appeal to nostalgia. Most of the 39,000 or so tickets available for Thursday’s show were sold, in contrast to the U2’s poorly attended Superdome stop during the PopMart Tour 20 years ago.

Looks like it was more or less a full stadium last night

Revisiting the 30-year-old “The Joshua Tree,” their most popular album, is by definition a commercially expedient appeal to nostalgia. Most of the 39,000 or so tickets available for Thursday’s show were sold, in contrast to the U2’s poorly attended Superdome stop during the PopMart Tour 20 years ago.

I suppose due to the shape of the stadium, it only has a capacity for roughly 40,000 people in an end stage concert. There really haven't been many concerts at the Superdome. From what research I can do, Beyonce had 38,000 there by herself, 42,000 with Jay-Z a couple years later. Pink Floyd had 41,000 there back in 1994. The Rolling Stones had 32,687 / 40,000 in 1994. So 39,000 wouldn't be out of line at all.

Meanwhile, U2 had only 21,465 in the Superdome for Popmart. It must feel good to sell out the same stadiums that you could only fill halfway 20 years ago. The same thing happened with Kansas City, and will happen tomorrow in St. Louis (though St. Louis appears to be the worst seller of all these shows, but it'll still be a lot better than Popmart). The next thing U2 needs to conquer is to sell out EverBank stadium in Jacksonville, where they only had 14,491 people show up for Popmart!

St. Louis has sold loads over the past month or so. A lot better then it was anyway. Phoenix has done very well aswell

St. Louis and Phoenix both easily 95% sold and San Diego is practically a sell out

It was. I stood on the floor a few feet from the B stage and checked the stadium seats after Beck and the only noticeable "hole" was in the lower section directly in front of the stage. For some reason those seats became available just a couple of days before the show, that might have had something to do with it.

But it was a solid crowd. Pretty much a sellout.

Back
Top Bottom