Will U2 sell the remaining tickets to make this tour a complete sell out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At the moment there are only 94 tickets left for Tampa, So it will be a sellout.
Louisville have about 3000 reserved left, and they may have just opened up a few GA's this morning.

I just counted 410 left for Tampa.

Two more sections opened up.

That's the thing with monitoring sales via TM -- you just never know for certain what's been sold in the grayed out areas.

Minneapolis is clearly the top seller of the Leg 3 US dates, with only one price level left. Unfortunately, that price level is the ludicrously overpriced $165 upper level seats, but at least they've sold all the $290, $100, etc seats.

San Diego, St Louis, Detroit, and KC seem to be in the next tier, with hopefully 2 or 3 of them being close to sold out by showtime in September. Or at least mostly sold out save for 2 or 3 sections here or there. (KC has a bigger stadium than the other three, so even though they still have a fair number of seats remaining, it wouldn't surprise me if they've still sold more seats than some of these other places.)

Buffalo and Indianapolis seem to have lots and lots of seats available. Live Nation may want to spend some advertising money in those cities to try to help move those tickets.

It will be interesting looking at the Pittsburgh Boxscore for this tour and comparing it to the 360 boxscore. One would think that a nostalgia tour for the Joshua Tree album would easily beat a tour for the No Line On The Horizon album, but that won't be the case.

It will be interesting looking at the Pittsburgh Boxscore for this tour and comparing it to the 360 boxscore. One would think that a nostalgia tour for the Joshua Tree album would easily beat a tour for the No Line On The Horizon album, but that won't be the case.

Yeah, the 360 tour was more or less "in-the-round" and they were able to sell most if not all seats in the stadium while this tour is a traditional end stage setup that blocks off a good 1/4th+ seats that go behind the stage. Also, the 360 tour simply had a *lot* more dates, even in a one year period.

Minneapolis is clearly the top seller of the Leg 3 US dates, with only one price level left. Unfortunately, that price level is the ludicrously overpriced $165 upper level seats, but at least they've sold all the $290, $100, etc seats.

San Diego, St Louis, Detroit, and KC seem to be in the next tier, with hopefully 2 or 3 of them being close to sold out by showtime in September. Or at least mostly sold out save for 2 or 3 sections here or there. (KC has a bigger stadium than the other three, so even though they still have a fair number of seats remaining, it wouldn't surprise me if they've still sold more seats than some of these other places.)

Buffalo and Indianapolis seem to have lots and lots of seats available. Live Nation may want to spend some advertising money in those cities to try to help move those tickets.

Pretty shocked Buffalo isn't pulling more folks from Toronto area. Not too far away and a huge U2 city. But yet again, they are playing a show just 3 hours from another one they just played (Pittsburgh) which had its own issues. So they probably already got a lot of people from Buffalo go to Pittsburgh. I just don't understand the logic of these locations.

I just counted 410 left for Tampa.

Two more sections opened up.

That's the thing with monitoring sales via TM -- you just never know for certain what's been sold in the grayed out areas.

Yeah, it actually looks like they just opened up 4 new obstructed view areas. My guess is that these won't count as "unsold" tickets in the final count because of the view status. So I think Tampa will be labeled a sellout.

That said, I would guess that would give tampa at least a 55-60k attendance. Well over double Popmart attendance and about 15,000 less than 360 where they set an attendance record of almost 73,000

Interesting looking at ZOOTV numbers. I forgot that the attendance of these shows were not spectacular.

Detroit - 37k
Kansas City - 38k
St. Louis - 48k
SanDiego - 34k
Tampa - 42k

I would say JT tour has these numbers beat already and they just went on sale yesterday.

Well over double Popmart attendance and about 15,000 less than 360 where they set an attendance record of almost 73,000

I was at that Tampa 360 show on the floor, up front center stage. And I remember after the band finishing MOS, Bono turning to walk off and saw him look up to take in the upper level sections at the "side/back" of the stage.

The place was absolutely packed.

Had to be a good feeling for him and the rest of the band, after that horrid showing for POPMART their last visit in Tampa.

I'll be there tomorrow night too, hoping for a packed house as was the case in Miami.

Last edited:
Interesting looking at ZOOTV numbers. I forgot that the attendance of these shows were not spectacular.

Detroit - 37k
Kansas City - 38k
St. Louis - 48k
SanDiego - 34k
Tampa - 42k

I would say JT tour has these numbers beat already and they just went on sale yesterday.

Remember, some of these shows were weakened by the fact that U2 had already played an arena show there earlier in the year.

Pretty shocked Buffalo isn't pulling more folks from Toronto area. Not too far away and a huge U2 city. But yet again, they are playing a show just 3 hours from another one they just played (Pittsburgh) which had its own issues. So they probably already got a lot of people from Buffalo go to Pittsburgh. I just don't understand the logic of these locations.

There is no logic to this tour.
1 concert for Dublin ,1 for Germany ,1 for Spain .
3 of their biggest markets
Only 12 concerts for the whole of Europe ,absolutely pathetic planning.

They could sell out 4 nights in Dublin,heck they could have sold out 4 nights in Dublin,and 2 in Cork ,yet they choose to play smaller capacity venues in the US that haven't a hope of selling out .
:applaud:

They could sell out 4 nights in Dublin,heck they could have sold out 4 nights in Dublin,and 2 in Cork ,yet they choose to play smaller capacity venues in the US that haven't a hope of selling out .

Given the nature of the tour I think the message dictates the US dates and focus.

Hoping for fans around the world to get to see this tour of course. But I think I understand what U2 is about with this outing.

I think they had originally planned for a small tour ending on August 1. But then Edge decided he wanted more time to work on the album, so now they have extended the tour. They clearly wanted to be on vacation in August and I guess wanted to start up in the US as they planned to move south into Latin America after that. This is still not a full tour, but I suppose they could even extended beyond this, so maybe Europe would get a 2nd leg in 2018.

I suspect when they decided they were having a good time and wanted to extend the tour, someone suggested that this would be a prime opportunity to hit some of those mid-level size US cities that they skipped on I+E and had no intention of hitting on E+I either.

Basically they're checking a bunch of cities off of the "once-a-decade" list. Maybe they'll be back to New Orleans or Indianapolis in another ten years.

Man, they're really going to have an uphill battle with New Orleans. Guns n Roses only had 32,894 people in there last year, so we'll see how U2 does. That will probably be the smallest crowd on this tour.

Like someone else said, makes no sense that so many European cities where they could fill 2 stadium shows get NOTHING, and then the secondary US markets get flooded after being largely ignored for most of U2's career.

Okay, I just counted all the September US leg shows. These are very round numbers, and I may be off by 100 or even 300 on Detroit, but here's what I came up with over the past hour.

GA's obviously not included.

Minneapolis - 650 tickets remaining
Indianapolis - 2500 remaining
San Diego - 4500
Detroit - 4500
Kansas City - 5800
Buffalo - 8000
St Louis - 9600
New Orleans - 11400

And for the heck of it, New York 2, coming up in less than 2 weeks - 1100.

Obviously we have seen tickets pop in and out of ticketmaster, sometimes huge sections all at once. So maybe a lot more tickets will be available for Indy if you look tomorrow. (Or 20 minutes from now.)

If that Indy number is right, then they shouldn't have any trouble selling out by showtime. Might need to lower a few prices the week of, but it should happen.

San Diego and Detroit might sell out by showtime. It won't be easy though, and they may need to lower some prices sooner rather than later.

It's also possible that we'll see a few tarped-off upper deck sections in places like KC or Detroit like how they did it in Pittsburgh. But if they aggressively try to move those tickets, then San Diego, KC, and Detroit may not need to resort to that.

At this point, it would be a shock if Buffalo, St Louis, and New Orleans didn't need to use the old tarped-off sections trick. The quantities they have remaining are fairly large.

Finally, it looks like they've already started instituting some "aggressive" pricing strategies, as I spotted a few stadiums with $35 tickets available that I'm pretty sure didn't have them available a few days ago. So they took some of the remaining upper deck inventory and marked it down from either 70 or 100 down to 35.

Okay, I just counted all the September US leg shows. These are very round numbers, and I may be off by 100 or even 300 on Detroit, but here's what I came up with over the past hour.

GA's obviously not included.

Minneapolis - 650 tickets remaining
Indianapolis - 2500 remaining
San Diego - 4500
Detroit - 4500
Kansas City - 5800
Buffalo - 8000
St Louis - 9600
New Orleans - 11400

And for the heck of it, New York 2, coming up in less than 2 weeks - 1100.

Obviously we have seen tickets pop in and out of ticketmaster, sometimes huge sections all at once. So maybe a lot more tickets will be available for Indy if you look tomorrow. (Or 20 minutes from now.)

If that Indy number is right, then they shouldn't have any trouble selling out by showtime. Might need to lower a few prices the week of, but it should happen.

San Diego and Detroit might sell out by showtime. It won't be easy though, and they may need to lower some prices sooner rather than later.

It's also possible that we'll see a few tarped-off upper deck sections in places like KC or Detroit like how they did it in Pittsburgh. But if they aggressively try to move those tickets, then San Diego, KC, and Detroit may not need to resort to that.

At this point, it would be a shock if Buffalo, St Louis, and New Orleans didn't need to use the old tarped-off sections trick. The quantities they have remaining are fairly large.

Finally, it looks like they've already started instituting some "aggressive" pricing strategies, as I spotted a few stadiums with $35 tickets available that I'm pretty sure didn't have them available a few days ago. So they took some of the remaining upper deck inventory and marked it down from either 70 or 100 down to 35.

Yeah, it looks like there are huge sections of 35 and 65/70 dollar tickets in Louisianna now. Yikes. that is gonna be rough stop. They are already only using half the stadium.
If the others can get down to around only 4000ish left, that aint too bad, still looking at 40-45k attendance.
They really need to drop the Buffalo prices.

Buffalo suffers from economic depression and bad timing - they should have tried to put it on the Labour Day weekend to draw $$ from Toronto. Instead it's on the Tuesday after the long weekend and that depresses turnout.

I don't think the buffalo sales look that bad, the whole lower bowl is nearly full it's just the two upper sides. Be very much like the Pittsburgh show come showtime. Still a great attendance

I don't think the buffalo sales look that bad, the whole lower bowl is nearly full it's just the two upper sides. Be very much like the Pittsburgh show come showtime. Still a great attendance

A couple of the other venues don't look disastrous either. Maybe by concert date Minneapolis and Indianapolis will fill up.

I might be able to hit another show, but it would be either St Louis or New Orleans, probably the latter.

Won't know until much later but I doubt I'll have a hard time nabbing a ticket in the Big Easy.

Buffalo suffers from economic depression and bad timing - they should have tried to put it on the Labour Day weekend to draw $$ from Toronto. Instead it's on the Tuesday after the long weekend and that depresses turnout.
I didn't even pick up on that... They're playing Orchard Park the day everyone goes back to work from the long weekend.

God what a stupid tour design.

I didn't even pick up on that... They're playing Orchard Park the day everyone goes back to work from the long weekend.

God what a stupid tour design.

Sure I read somewhere that theve decided to keep the schools closed for an extra day around the stadium. Because of crowd congestion.

What time do you Americans go to concerts :) when I was at school I was finished for 3.30. Really cannot see how the concert will effect school traffics. Or am I missing something here

Is it me or are none of the maps coming up on the ticket master sites now? It's just coming up the actual seating plan now not the map were u can pick your seats

Is it me or are none of the maps coming up on the ticket master sites now? It's just coming up the actual seating plan now not the map were u can pick your seats

I think Ticketmaster may have had a glitch in the Matrix this morning (shocking), I was seeing the older (preferable) version of the maps.
Looks like newer crap interface/map is back now.

I think Ticketmaster may have had a glitch in the Matrix this morning (shocking), I was seeing the older (preferable) version of the maps.

Looks like newer crap interface/map is back now.

There back up now :) tickets seem to be selling very well. A lot of those upper tiers at buffalo are going. Come show time a lot of these will be really full

There back up now :) tickets seem to be selling very well. A lot of those upper tiers at buffalo are going. Come show time a lot of these will be really full

that's great to hear. I think sometimes in our bubble, we forget that lots of people don't even hear about these shows right away. I told probably 3 people at my work that U2 was coming to Tampa about a month or two after they went on sale. They are casual U2 fans and they had no idea.
So I think they will continue to sell as we get to show day, which is still a few months away.

Back
Top Bottom