Why Aren't They Bringing This Tour To The Southwest?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Arizona in particular?!

Seems like the most triumphant shows would be in such states!

Good question - as a long time Phx area resident, I know it can be a fickle market at times. And U2 Inc. and Live Nation are I am sure well aware of that too from past experience.

With that said, Sun Devil Stadium just got another face lift - coulda been a great bit of nostalgia

My guess is simply because they just did 2 arenas shows there less than 2 years ago and didn't feel the market had recharged itself to require a stadium show. Same reason Denver isn't being played.

Well, the Joshua Tree was conceived in the South West, so one would think.... However, as a limited scale tour, there are a lot of places where U2 can sell out a stadium where they are not playing on this tour. Among the cities where U2 has sold out stadium gigs in the last few tours (50,000 or more people) where there is no show on this tour: Milan, Nice, Sevilla, Manchester, Glasgow, Boston, Zurich, Munich, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Vancouver, Seattle, Sydney, Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Lisbon, Perth, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow, probably more. So it's not just the South West that's getting left out.

Well, the Joshua Tree was conceived in the South West, so one would think.... However, as a limited scale tour, there are a lot of places where U2 can sell out a stadium where they are not playing on this tour. Among the cities where U2 has sold out stadium gigs in the last few tours (50,000 or more people) where there is no show on this tour: Milan, Nice, Sevilla, Manchester, Glasgow, Boston, Zurich, Munich, Stockholm, Oslo, Helsinki, Vancouver, Seattle, Sydney, Auckland, Brisbane, Melbourne, Mexico City, Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Lisbon, Perth, Athens, Istanbul, Moscow, probably more. So it's not just the South West that's getting left out.

Tour starts in Vancouver, then heads to Seattle for night 2.

It's kinda weird considering the history of the album with the South West.

I know its different times and all that compared to when the JT first went on the road but it really is surprising they didn't do more shows in that region of the country.

It would be cool to see them do Arenas again but they are just too big now.....I think 2005 was the last time they toured arenas? (American Airlines Center etc)....I could be wrong though.

it would be cool to see them do arenas again but they are just too big now.....i think 2005 was the last time they toured arenas? (american airlines center etc)....i could be wrong though.

i+e was all arenas
including 2 nights in your neck of the woods in Denver

It would be cool to see them play One again but they are just too big now to play such rarities .....I think 1993 was the last time they played it? ....I could be wrong though.

It would be cool to see them play One again but they are just too big now to play such rarities .....I think 1993 was the last time they played it? ....I could be wrong though.

No! They played it in Sydney in 2010. It was the first time they'd played it in 25 years!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Really thought there'd be some free gig or promotional stuff done out in Joshua Tree National Park or the region, etc. Not impossible it will still happen, mind you, but perhaps not.

QUOTE=BigMacPhisto;8149844]Really thought there'd be some free gig or promotional stuff done out in Joshua Tree National Park or the region, etc. Not impossible it will still happen, mind you, but perhaps not.[/QUOTE]

The, uh, Joshua Tree photos weren't taken in Joshua Tree National Park. It's also a desert, so there's that. It's a mistake that's proven deadly before. The "tree" is about 4 hours away from JT National Park. But I get your overall point.

It is a little surprising that they choose Bonnaroo over Coachella, considering the locations and all. I suppose there's still a chance at Oldchella.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom