Where Did You Stand in Stadium GA? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #16
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:14 AM
Think the only show that splits the pitch is croke park. Tickets were specifically sold pitch 1 and pitch 2.

Probably due to the moaning residents about people queuing overnight to get a front spot. This will eliminate a lot of this

Old 04-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #17
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:14 AM
true... probably won't be any sort of separation, but i wouldn't completely rule it out until we see the stage set up in vancouver. 3000 plus is a LOT of people on the field, so they may want to institute a little crowd control by breaking it up.

springsteen sold his floor seats on The River as GA, but split up the field into two separate sections, even though the seating chart has it listed only as one...

Old 04-20-2017, 02:38 PM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
This picture never fails to crack me up.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:43 PM   #19
War Child

They will have a gold circle type thing, it's pretty standard at stadium shows- even if it's not shown on the Ticketmaster map
Old 04-20-2017, 09:00 PM   #20
War Child

Yeah, agree, very common in stadium gigs nowadays. Plus both Elevation Outdoor & Vertigo Outdoor had an outer barrier, further out than their catwalks. 99% sure they weren't on the seating plan.

You US folk are lucky, getting arena shows so often. A long time between 'stadium' drinks, with a long period without a stadium leg before 360. All the way back to Popmart. I know Pop had additional barriers on the field in Oz, even though it was seated, as I snuck into the front section by the catwalk. Sydney also always has 2 separate GA gates. Though these have nothing to do with front & back sections of GA. One's on Adam's side, one's on Edge's, though you're free to change sides once on the field.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:09 PM   #21
Babyface

So how does the golden circle/split stadium floor entry work? Do you randomly get put in one or the other? First in are in front half, later in the back? Or "chose a door" without knowing which is which? I'm going to Vancouver and we'll know after that night but if you have experienced it how was it handled?
Old 04-20-2017, 10:57 PM   #22
War Child

I'd be very, very surprised if it was anything other than a first-come first-served basis. So those early enough (which won't be particularly early) will be in the front half, if they want.

Note, if you're aiming to get very close you'll have to know how to get past the barrier, & in to the front section. Most likely the gates to get past the barrier will be up the sidelines of the field. Similar to this Vertigo pic (though this layout is sideways compared to most shows),
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #23
Refugee

Anybody have experience sneaking an air guitar in? I've been practicing in my bedroom.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:50 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Isn't Edge main stage area all the RZ area?

Regular GA fans can only get close to the b-stage and Adam's side.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:51 AM   #25
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2FanPeter View Post
Isn't Edge main stage area all the RZ area?

Regular GA fans can only get close to the b-stage and Adam's side.
Yes & no. The area to the left of the catwalk is RZ, but Edge won't be set up here. Like all U2 stadium tours, the stage is massive. I'm sure the band members will be positioned closer to each other than that. I'd expect Edge to be positioned to the right of the catwalk (when looking at the stage). Sure, he'll venture to the left of the catwalk, over to RZ, but I think he'll be positioned in front of GA, along with all band members.

Have a look at that front-on picture you've posted in the other thread. Of the main stage length, just over 25% (straight portion with 12 overhead lights) is to the left of the catwalk & is the RZ, 25% (12 overhead lights) is the straight portion to the right, while the curved central section is around 50% (20 overhead lights). I'm sure all band members will be setup in the central curved section, just like in the Vertigo pictures above.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 AM   #26
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynmike View Post
Anybody have experience sneaking an air guitar in? I've been practicing in my bedroom.
Best option is to stick it down your pants and act casual as you walk past security.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:54 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
Yes & no. The area to the left of the catwalk is RZ, but Edge won't be set up here. Like all U2 stadium tours, the stage is massive. I'm sure the band members will be positioned closer to each other than that. I'd expect Edge to be positioned to the right of the catwalk (when looking at the stage). Sure, he'll venture to the left of the catwalk, over to RZ, but I think he'll be positioned in front of GA, along with all band members.

Have a look at that front-on picture you've posted in the other thread. Of the main stage length, just over 25% (straight portion with 12 overhead lights) is to the left of the catwalk & is the RZ, 25% (12 overhead lights) is the straight portion to the right, while the curved central section is around 50% (20 overhead lights). I'm sure all band members will be setup in the central curved section, just like in the Vertigo pictures above.
The thing that is a bit annoying about th current stage is that Edge-freaks without RZ have their options limited on where to scope out a spot.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:30 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah that might as well rename Red Zone "Edge Zone".
Old 04-21-2017, 05:19 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

I mean... Are we really going to do this again? A freak out over red zone placement without even knowing where it is for sure?

And fine, let's say it's where the main stage and the outer ramp or the b stage meet. Ok. Great. That's like 30 yards from the main stage, where the Edge will spend most of his non moving time.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:05 PM   #30
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I mean... Are we really going to do this again? A freak out over red zone placement without even knowing where it is for sure?

And fine, let's say it's where the main stage and the outer ramp or the b stage meet. Ok. Great. That's like 30 yards from the main stage, where the Edge will spend most of his non moving time.
I think it's a great spot for RZ. Quite close to the band members on the main stage, particularly Edge, & close to the tree-stage. But not quite as close as GA, who have to earn their time to get right up front. Just the way U2 like it. Last tour, I think it was fair enough RZ'ers freaked out a bit. They forked out a lot of money, only to be moved somewhere else. Although the final spot wasn't too bad.

As for U2FanPeter's worries about his options. Get there early, rush to the left side of the main stage, you'll be camped out right in front of Edge. Just like any other tour.