What's happens when U2's contract with Live Nation ends in 2021?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure they'll renew it. U2 have made LN a lot of money, and they'll do whatever they can to keep that relationship going for as long as possible. They probably won't sign a 12 year deal again, but rather take it year by year, tour by tour, etc.

U2 are still one of the top touring acts in the world, if not THE TOP touring act. There's been a lot of talk, maybe too much talk, about this 3rd leg being a FLOP. I guarantee that when the boxscores come out, it'll surprise a lot of people how many are at these shows. New Orleans and St. Louis are probably going to be the only shows that might drop below 40,000 people, and that's still pretty good for those cities.

Edge retires to Malibu.
Adam tours the world's museums.
Bono eats.
Larry pays the price for years of bad plastic surgery in self imposed exile.

Edge retires to Malibu.
Adam tours the world's museums.
Bono eats.
Larry pays the price for years of bad plastic surgery in self imposed exile.

Basically the logic is that U2 retire in 2021? Surely they have got much more to say. They're still at the autumn of their career. I wouldn't say they're at Winter just yet

I've heard a rumour Edge is going exercise the free agency option and take his talents to south beach.

I hear that Coldplay, disappointed that they got just one game out of John Farnham in 2009, are going to offer Edge a massive $10-million, 9-year deal to move to the harbour city.

I mean, um...

Retire to go fulfill their dream of becoming professional baseball players.

Bono's already failed at football:

LyhS.jpg

And basketball:

(3:50)

So baseball it is.

Who cares? Why are you worried about a contractual/business matter that doesn't concern or affect you? Live Nation needs acts like U2 more than U2 needs Live Nation. All contracts have end-dates and will probably likely be renewed. Just because the current one ends in 2021 doesn't mean the band will retire! For fuck's sake. Worry about something more relevant and serious.

Who cares? Why are you worried about a contractual/business matter that doesn't concern or affect you? Live Nation needs acts like U2 more than U2 needs Live Nation. All contracts have end-dates and will probably likely be renewed. Just because the current one ends in 2021 doesn't mean the band will retire! For fuck's sake. Worry about something more relevant and serious.

Lighten up, Francis. OP seems to be simply asking a question and making conversation, not spiraling into depression over the band's status.

Why are you so worried about his being so worried? For fucks sake. Worry about something more relevant and serious.

OT, but how I miss the sight of thousands of upraised hands - none of which hold a phone.

I did floor at the Cleveland show, and it was annoying to try to look through the sea of hands holding up phones.

I did seats and Indy and had a great view. I'm sure I'll do GA again, but I really did enjoy having a seat. Now if only I was willing to part with $300 to get myself a really good one...

I did floor at the Cleveland show, and it was annoying to try to look through the sea of hands holding up phones.

I did seats and Indy and had a great view. I'm sure I'll do GA again, but I really did enjoy having a seat. Now if only I was willing to part with $300 to get myself a really good one...

We did GA at Foxboro in June, and hated it. (Blasphemy!) Definitely not the spacious, friendly vibe of the i+e floor at Boston - which we LOVED. Foxboro GA had too many uninterested drunks, and no space to move around unless you were way at the back. Too many distractions, and very claustrophobic. Since we aren't over 6' tall, our view of the band sucked. The screen was fantastic, but I would have preferred a better view of it.

Never doing GA at a stadium show with a layout like that again. We did RZ at Foxboro for 360, and that was way better. Maybe I'm just getting old. Get off my lawn!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom