What are our options to find tickets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thunderl

Babyface
Hello fellow fans :) we're a couple from Bulgaria... and - you know the story - no luck at the online sale. :doh: :sad: However, we already had reservations and flights done, and we're going across Europe from Sofia to Dublin with or without tickets - even if this means we'll hear the band only from the outside! While not attending is not the end of the world, it will be waaaay better if we manage to get 2 tickets until then.

So, I was wondering what are the options for finding tickets? - I do need your advise as you're probably more experienced in this. What I thought of:

1) Obvious one is resell sites - with insane prices and immoral business model - is there even a slight chance to see a drop in prices to normal there as we approach the concert date?
2) Waiting for a sudden drop - checking the TM site regularly I guess?
3) Look for someone here, who's not able to attend, trying to get rid of tickets at the last minute and buy blindly...
4) Look for someone in front of the stadium, trying to get sell of tickets at the last minute and try to not get scammed somehow?
5) Look for raffles online, offering ticket prizes

What are the chances for any of the above? Do I miss something?

Last edited:
There are always ways to get tickets today. Your best bet would be StubHub or vivid seats but keep checking for drops for sure. I have exchange tickets to this form as well. Fans don't screw over fans.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Don't waste your money on those shitty secondhand sites. There will be ticket drops. Just keep a tab open with Ticketmaster on, randomly refresh it once per day or so. Takes very little time, little effort, but can be very rewarding. As time gets closer, the chance for a drop gets bigger, especially in the week that the first show is, as that's when the stage is properly set up so it can be calculated how many floor tickets there is space for. Otherwise, try a swap on a forum like this one or atu2. Some place where you can somehow trust someone. If they have a large number of posts on a messageboard, they probably come there often so wouldn't scam people. But stay smart with online deals.

There are always ways to get tickets today. Your best bet would be StubHub or vivid seats but keep checking for drops for sure. I have exchange tickets to this form as well. Fans don't screw over fans.

Go with Stubhub. Use them all the time and are not "shitty second hand".

Look out for drops (of course) and join the Facebook group "u2 fans tour help real fans to get tickets." Fans sell/exchange tickets there at Face value only. The secondary sites are exorbitantly priced and sometimes even sell fake tickets. Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

Thank you so much for your suggestions! "Second-hand" sites are our backup plan, even though we may choose to skip, if these insane prices stay. (StubHub selling 39 euro tickets for 390 currently).

Regarding drops - is it enough to just refresh - I suppose I'll have to search for all types of seats at ticketmaster.ie each day just to be sure?

Also have you had a case to see people selling tickets in front of the venue or we shall forget about this option altogether?

Last edited:
Go with Stubhub. Use them all the time and are not "shitty second hand".
Nah, they are.

They're real and protected, so you don't have to worry about phony tickets. But with stadium gigs? Wait. Try for drops, try in here. If and when those options fail and you're a couple days out, there will still be options on StubHub.

But to go and buy from legal scalpers like StubHub now is a waste of money.

Nah, they are.

They're real and protected, so you don't have to worry about phony tickets. But with stadium gigs? Wait. Try for drops, try in here. If and when those options fail and you're a couple days out, there will still be options on StubHub.

It's not any safer than buying tickets from this forum. I've know users that got bribed buying from here.
Buyer beware.

Secondary sites should be a last-resort in the final moments of desperation. But beware, desperation is a tender trap.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using U2 Interference mobile app

But beware, desperation is a tender trap.

... it gets you every time! :)

I was wondering if I shall try my luck tomorrow with GA for London for 9th of July. This way I'll have something cool to exchange for Dublin (even though it might be seats there). At worst - it will be another flight off the continent, and my favourite band.

Nah, they are.

Excellent advice/strategy. ?

While I don't discount that it's possible, I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off here, and I've gotten a ton of tickets from fans on this forum

Good for you. I'm just saying buyer beware. Just because this is a U2 forum doesn't = every member being lilly white.

Well, looking at current StubHub prices, I'd have to be scammed (assuming I buy from someone on face value) like 10 times before we get even :lol:

I managed to get very good seated tickets for London 9th, now on to exchange for Dublin hopefully.

Last edited:
Ticket Master and all the resale sites should be purged with Holy Fire! I couldn't get tickets for the 29-7 Amsterdam show. Today was the sale for 30-7. I logged in way early, it was 7 minutes into the start of the sale and already GA tickets were sold out? :angry: And within an hour the local auction sites were being flooded with GA tickets being offered for double or triple the price. When people can order 6 tickets per person this is what you will get.

I give up. I will NEVER go to a U2 show EVER again with this absurd broken system. We're morons for being willing to spend this much and subject ourselves to this stupid system. I had the same bad taste experience in 2005, which is why I didn't bother to get tickets for 360 and I+E. And now I remember again why. Not even U2 is worth this aggro. I'll just download the bootlegs.

End rant.

i'm actually surprised at how few tickets are available on StubHub and Ticketmaster's certified resale site for the first MetLife show.

There are 6,000 more tickets available for the Thursday show, which hasn't gone on sale to the general public yet!

Still - there's only 73 GA tickets on StubHub for Wednesday's MetLife and not a single one on Ticketmaster's site (who are likely to be a little more stingy with the whole "gift card resale" thing). So if anything, it does appear that the CC only entry has done some good for fans, at least in select venues.

i know there have been nightmare scenarios elsewhere, but the NYC area shows are notorious for high scalper demand and so far it's been pretty light, knock on wood.

Hello fellow fans :) we're a couple from Bulgaria... and - you know the story - no luck at the online sale. :doh: :sad: However, we already had reservations and flights done, and we're going across Europe from Sofia to Dublin with or without tickets - even if this means we'll hear the band only from the outside! While not attending is not the end of the world, it will be waaaay better if we manage to get 2 tickets until then.

So, I was wondering what are the options for finding tickets?

In terms of options here, try this section: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f327/

While I don't discount that it's possible, I've never heard of anyone getting ripped off here, and I've gotten a ton of tickets from fans on this forum

Yep! We've enjoyed quite the history of fans helping other fans on this forum. And anyone who has tried to deviate from our face+costs methodology has been outed. I'd be very interested to hear any valid information to the contrary.

Back
Top Bottom