What age would my kids truly appreciate U2 show? (&Can I buy your EXIT presale code?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

former Dead Man

Babyface
What age would my kids truly appreciate U2 show? (&Can I buy your EXIT presale code?)

Hi. I must be old now.
I'm taking my kids (8, 10, 13) to their first U2 show (my twelfth?)
DO YOU THINK THIS IS TOO YOUNG? (I'm prepping them w/ listening homework.)

Unfortunately, I used up my presale code for Chicago 1.
And now u2 just announced a show much closer to our home in LOUISVILLE!
So that my kids don't get mauled in the GA crowd, I'd love to get us Red Zone tickets.

If you know of anyone with an unused presale code, (EXIT, i.e., a long-time subscriber), I'd be willing to pay them for it. Or, I'm willing to offer some sort of buying option for my Chicago tickets. I have to GA tickets for June 3, and 4 seats in the $35 level.

Please, please, please... text me if you have any way you can help us. 859-333-7061
thanks!

As for the kids, don't think they are too young for the show, but GA might be tricky.
Taking my son to Gillette, he'll turn 13 in April, but got seats. Don't think he'd see too well from GA at his height (same for my wife) and not lining up all day with him.
He was 11 for his first concert (Van Halen), no problem, but of course each kid is different. And don't forget about hearing protection for the kids.

I'm taking my 6 year old to the Dallas show. Kind of our summer vacation.

Were doing Red Zone so he can have room to move around and breath. He's really mature for a 6 year old but I'm really excited for him. 1st rock show !!

And yes I did buy him ear muffs.

We took our 9 year old over to Dublin for 360, went to 2 shows. 1 was GA where we camped out from 5:45am. He went to a total of 4 shows that tour. (one was RZ)

This year, he (now 16) is joining his 10 year old sister going to Dublin and a few shows here in the States.

He absolutely appreciated it then and does even more now.

If they want to go, it's fine. As long as you make sure they're aware it means having to stand in one place for 2 hours straight. Kids are usually easily distracted so that could be a chore. And bring earplugs for them!!!!

Would be a bit more careful about putting your phone number on a public site tbh. Maybe ask the mods to censor it. People could contact you by private message instead. You could always buy another presale code yourself from u2.com, but that won't be the long time category. It's enough to get Red Zone tickets easily though.

We took our 9 year old over to Dublin for 360, went to 2 shows. 1 was GA where we camped out from 5:45am. He went to a total of 4 shows that tour. (one was RZ)

This year, he (now 16) is joining his 10 year old sister going to Dublin and a few shows here in the States.

He absolutely appreciated it then and does even more now.

How did GA work out with your 9 year old? I am taking my 11 to his first show this year. Got GA for Tampa. I'm a bit worried he won't see much. We are not planning to line up, maybe hang around the back where I can keep an eye on him and hopefully he can see better.

How did GA work out with your 9 year old? I am taking my 11 to his first show this year. Got GA for Tampa. I'm a bit worried he won't see much. We are not planning to line up, maybe hang around the back where I can keep an eye on him and hopefully he can see better.

It worked out great, he was a trooper.

We got to Croke Park at around 5:45-6am were roughly around 110th in line. We literally spent the whole day just chilling out in line. Keep in mind, Dublin in July on that day was about 70-75F (from my recollection), so it was comfortable. Plenty of sunscreen.

We got into the golden circle, but went right to the back b-stage to lean against. He could still sort of see......but, we'd shift him around a bit so he could better. Obviously when they went around the circle it was great for him.

It obviously was a very, very long day for him but never a single complaint and he had a great time.

We later had red zone tix for Philly and honestly speaking, that was a much more relaxed and enjoyable experience for all of us.

I wouldn't attempt to do regular GA the way it's setup for this tour (except for Dublin...with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2...but kids under 14 aren't allowed on the pitch at all for Croke Park this time around anyway), with one big GA section unless I was way in the back. I don't think he would be able to see much of anything back there....but definitely more than he would if he was in with the huge crowd.

It worked out great, he was a trooper.

We got to Croke Park at around 5:45-6am were roughly around 110th in line. We literally spent the whole day just chilling out in line. Keep in mind, Dublin in July on that day was about 70-75F (from my recollection), so it was comfortable. Plenty of sunscreen.

We got into the golden circle, but went right to the back b-stage to lean against. He could still sort of see......but, we'd shift him around a bit so he could better. Obviously when they went around the circle it was great for him.

It obviously was a very, very long day for him but never a single complaint and he had a great time.

We later had red zone tix for Philly and honestly speaking, that was a much more relaxed and enjoyable experience for all of us.

I wouldn't attempt to do regular GA the way it's setup for this tour (except for Dublin...with Pitch 1 and Pitch 2...but kids under 14 aren't allowed on the pitch at all for Croke Park this time around anyway), with one big GA section unless I was way in the back. I don't think he would be able to see much of anything back there....but definitely more than he would if he was in with the huge crowd.

Cheers. my budget was around GA prices, so it was that or nosebleeds. Took the gamble on GA. I'm hoping with it being a stadium, the stage will be a bit higher up. We will hang at the back and find a spot where he can see from a distance. It'll be cool going with him regardless. :)

My son is 5 (6 in September). He wants to go to a U2 concert so bad. He actually loves SOI, because when it first came out I was listening to it all the time and he got hooked. The problem is I would have to spend the big money on a seat so that he could see, which I would do but he's so short that I'd probably have to hold him the entire time. And since he is 5, obviously he'd have proper ear protection, but he would also probably lose interest pretty quickly and just end up playing games on my iPhone. I don't think he has the endurance yet.

If U2 do the SOE tour in 2018 or 2019 (or whatever the hell ends up happening), I might bring him then. I didn't attend my first concert until I was 15, when I begged my parents for Popmart tickets. I intend to break my kids in a little earlier than that.

Go to LOUIVILLE!!

Get tics for your local show, and stay back (past the Red Zone) and let the kiddie take it in. Bring a Big Card saying "I Love you Bono," or some sort, and he/she may be takin' on-stage, you never know! laughing...la la la la Oaktown! That' what happened..yes indeed:wave:

(This is the OP).

Awww, man! I tried 3 different methods as soon as the tickets were released to general public for Louisville and go no Red Zones and no $35 seats. :sad:

Is there anyone out there willing to sell/trade 2-4 Red Zone tickets for Louisville so that my short kids can see and not be smushed by the GA crowds?

To trade, I have cash or Chicago 1 tickets: 2 GAs, or 4 of the best upper-deck $35 level seats together, or some rare really old U2 paraphernalia & albums, such as all 4 signed a ATYCLB CD at their SNL rehearsal in NYC. :up:

Of course in retrospect I wish I'd gone to Popmart at Waverley (I was 10), but I probably wouldn't have appreciated it at the time. Maybe I would've found it too loud/bright and have my introversion take over :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom