Ticket "drops"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadninan

The Fly
Last tour we were extremely lucky with the "ticket drops" for Chicago, Phoenix, and Toronto shows a few days before the gigs took place. Does anyone think this will happen again this tour?

If there was drops for there Arena shows there is sure to be for this Stadium run i need tixs for London & Dublin.
I had 2 tixs for London seated got cocky knocked them back & then had nothing...!!!!!!

Some mostly upper seats just appeared for Arlington.

Let the drops begin.
Hi All,

Just scored a GA ticket thru TM for Seattle. Don't know why, but a few GA tickets showed up on TM. Not sure if happening for other venues. So darn happy I got one & wanted to share the news! Huzzah!:hyper:

Bit of advice - always check the Ticketmaster mobile app as well. They jerk around with availability, so right now a desktop browser shows no GA tix available for Seattle, but the mobile app has some.

Bit of advice - always check the Ticketmaster mobile app as well. They jerk around with availability, so right now a desktop browser shows no GA tix available for Seattle, but the mobile app has some.

I see about 20 GA available for Seattle (May 1st 12:08 AM) in a web browser (chrome), but only if I select 1 as the quantity. If I select 2, I don't see any GA's.

Vancouver: Many tickets dropped at face on Stubhub today. Mostly in the back 400's, and some obstructed view in the lower back 200's.

Vancouver: Many tickets dropped at face on Stubhub today. Mostly in the back 400's, and some obstructed view in the lower back 200's.

2493 tickets on Stubhub now for the Vancouver gig ,there were less than 1000 last week .
Complete farce how the bots buy them all up,should make all drops box office collection .

2493 tickets on Stubhub now for the Vancouver gig ,there were less than 1000 last week .
Complete farce how the bots buy them all up,should make all drops box office collection .

Doesn't seem like much of a scam if they're being sold at face on Stubhub. Why would the bots buy them all only to resell at cost?

Seems like the promoters can still say it's "Sold Out", while selling their own tickets on the secondary market.

Doesn't seem like much of a scam if they're being sold at face on Stubhub. Why would the bots buy them all only to resell at cost?

Seems like the promoters can still say it's "Sold Out", while selling their own tickets on the secondary market.

Yes,most likely promoter selling them allright.
Could be a ploy to disrupt the secondary market,which is a good idea.

I love it. Just picked up 2 GA and did not have to join the absurd U2.com, or pay a markup to resale market sellers. Just validates the fact that paying u2 for 'early access' to tickets is really unnecessary these days.

However, it's also pretty lame that U2 have been advertising all these shows as sellouts, prompting a lot of people to buy from scalpers and pay out the nose. At the end of the day, these folks were just not doing their homework or were simply too impatient, but the band do bear some responsibility for this.

Were GA tickets for London sold on Ticketmaster? When checking for drops I only get the option to search for "Standing or Red Zone", which are the Red Zone tickets.

I remember last time around AXS were selling GA for the O2 shows while Ticketmaster only had seated. AXS aren't involved this time though so where do I keep checking for GA tickets?

These are still out there

IMG_2598.jpg

I love it. Just picked up 2 GA and did not have to join the absurd U2.com, or pay a markup to resale market sellers. Just validates the fact that paying u2 for 'early access' to tickets is really unnecessary these days.

However, it's also pretty lame that U2 have been advertising all these shows as sellouts, prompting a lot of people to buy from scalpers and pay out the nose. At the end of the day, these folks were just not doing their homework or were simply too impatient, but the band do bear some responsibility for this.
No they don't.

This is commonplace. Tickets always pop open for a wide variety of reasons, be it an adjustment to sightlines after the stage is installed, tickets reserved for promotional purposes that are given back, etc etc.

If you consider the fact some of us buy many tickets, including 8 to one show (example: Miami on 6/11/17. Im from here and Im taking my two parents, wife, sister, her husband and my two cousins) then hell yeah U2.com was worth it. NOT ABSURD and worth every damn penny.

So maybe Iggy Fizz, consider that for those of us in need of various cities and many people to take care off, it is opposite of "unnecessary these days".

If you consider the fact some of us buy many tickets, including 8 to one show (example: Miami on 6/11/17. Im from here and Im taking my two parents, wife, sister, her husband and my two cousins) then hell yeah U2.com was worth it. NOT ABSURD and worth every damn penny.

So maybe Iggy Fizz, consider that for those of us in need of various cities and many people to take care off, it is opposite of "unnecessary these days".

but you could have bought your tickets on the open market. you did not need to pay U2.com to do that.

No they don't.

This is commonplace. Tickets always pop open for a wide variety of reasons, be it an adjustment to sightlines after the stage is installed, tickets reserved for promotional purposes that are given back, etc etc.

U2 knew full well the shows were not sold out. not simply sightlines and promotional givebacks.

you are right it is commonplace. Doesn't mean the band are not accountable for the marketing of their own shows.

U2 knew full well the shows were not sold out. not simply sightlines and promotional givebacks.

you are right it is commonplace. Doesn't mean the band are not accountable for the marketing of their own shows.

You really think the band is complicit in this stuff?
Well Bono, Edge and Adam at least? Cause Larry's definitely not on board.

But let's be real. The band isn't involved in these things, marketing shows, declaring sell outs etc., its Live Nation. So if you want to rail against an entity, choose the correct entity.

Releasing tickets by ticket drops close to show time obviously increases supply, REDUCING PRICES in the secondary market. It's the right thing to do, at the right time, when people are likely to start getting desperate & considering those exorbitantly priced scalper tickets.

All those U2 posters plastered around town that say "Sold Out" on them aren't there because they're congratulating themselves - but it wouldn't look too good if they said: "Tickets Available on Secondary Market (may exceed face value)".

You really think the band is complicit in this stuff?
Well Bono, Edge and Adam at least? Cause Larry's definitely not on board.

But let's be real. The band isn't involved in these things, marketing shows, declaring sell outs etc., its Live Nation. So if you want to rail against an entity, choose the correct entity.

Madonna is pretty shameless about secondary tickets. Guy Oseary being a common factor.

I do think U2 has a level of complicity. The Lola Cashman lawsuit a decade ago had some interesting stuff in it and U2 spent 6 figures in legal fees to stop the sale of the 10k cowboy hat.

U2 are 100% about all shows being listed as sell outs, regardless of empty seats. U2 have access to the information of seat hold backs, guest lists, VIP etc... If you wanted to make tickets harder to flip they could do so.

All those U2 posters plastered around town that say "Sold Out" on them aren't there because they're congratulating themselves - but it wouldn't look too good if they said: "Tickets Available on Secondary Market (may exceed face value)".

The BC Place ticket windows have the same image, minus the sold out notice. Ticket drop coming.

Releasing tickets by ticket drops close to show time obviously increases supply, REDUCING PRICES in the secondary market. It's the right thing to do, at the right time, when people are likely to start getting desperate & considering those exorbitantly priced scalper tickets.

Holding back quality tickets, and unsold secondary tickets being thrown back on TM is a way of Live nation making more money on the scalper market. 100% TicketsNow does it, and did it for U2 here in Vancouver 2015. StubHub in Europe/UK get tickets, but whether or not that happens in North America is fuzzier.

Last time in Vancouver, they released mostly floor tickets on TM the night before the first show.

In 2006 for the first night, I waited 3+ hours at the box office the day of, and they did release tickets at all price levels. I remember they were turning away scalpers, with whom they were familiar.
The second night, there were apparently very few tickets released.

Week before Vancouver 1 in 2015 they release couple hundred primo lower bowl seats. Obviously hold backs and unsold stock from TicketsNow.

Was there any auctions this tour? I got my RZ in Houston via auction for the 360 tour. They were really a good deal.

I didn't see any for this tour, but then I didn't look very hard.

Back
Top Bottom