Ticket "drops"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Folks, I'm not accusing U2 of genocide so relax.

But the fact remains that the way the tix are marketed, including the false and premature 'Sold Out' claims, directly contribute to scaring people into unnecessarily paying U2.com. See previous poster for Exhibit A.

For those who don't believe this, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested.

But the fact remains that the way the tix are marketed, including the false and premature 'Sold Out' claims, directly contribute to scaring people into unnecessarily paying U2.com. See previous poster for Exhibit A.

For those who don't believe this, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if you're interested.

The concert ticket business is the most crooked it's ever been. It's not a U2 thing. Thank your stars that there are acts that still do GA floors which evens up the game somewhat.

Totally agree. As i said before, I'm stoked to have scored 2 GA for Seattle so late in the game. And overall I think U2 are more than fair with the pricing, with a few exceptions.

But they better fucking play Acrobat or they will be the biggest charlatans ever!

Was there any auctions this tour? I got my RZ in Houston via auction for the 360 tour. They were really a good deal.

I didn't see any for this tour, but then I didn't look very hard.
Nah, there haven't been auctions for RZ since 360. Both i+e & this tour have been fixed price, & expensive. I've only done RZ once, also on 360. Was also a bargain, as it was at Phoenix, a show it's very low demand.

Are there GA ticket drops for all shows? I can't recall from the 360 tour. I'm curious at the likelihood of GA ticket drops for the 2nd NJ show. I'm hoping that's the DVD show.

FYI - Just noticed there are GA tix available for Sunday show at Rose Bowl.

I was looking for Saturday, no drop yet. ... let me know if you have an extra...thx

So how would you prefer they label it?

"No tickets left, there may be some available later on depending on how many promotional, venue and band holds are released, and whether or not the stage fits a certain way, but then again there may not be."

There were instances on i/e, especially at MSG, where the usual "drops" never came, or were so small that they may as well not have existed. It's not a guaranteed thing. This is why they list it as sold out, because all of the current tickets for a particular venue are spoken for. If and when a promoter or the venue decides they held more than they need, they release them back to the general public; but it's not a guarantee and there are many instances where the drops don't come.

Was there any vancouver drops after 6pm? Heard from one experience concert goer they went home early.

While stuck in the GA line I remember looking at the stub hub page that was being viewed by 1,300 people.

This gives me hope that i might be able to get a GA ticket for Metlife the 28th of June.
Might be a ticket drop close to that date then. :hmm:

Friend was in the GA drop line around 6pm and dind't see much action before leaving. Even if he got a ticket, why even bother waiting in that line to catch the 2nd half of JT?

Not even an hour ago I could get 2 GAs for Seattle. So they are still dropping but not many. Also noticed some obstructed views come up about 2 hours ago for $88 and they all got snapped up so TM is dropping close to start time.

Is the App better at last minute tickets, or the online version? Shouldn't they be the same.

Anyone seen a recent GA drop on TM for LA1 and/or LA 2? Wondering if I've already missed the window of opportunity...

In my experience -- having three different browser windows, an iPhone and an iPad all running at the same time -- the app tends to work better and deliver better seats faster than the desktop version of TM. Not sure why. Good luck!

Last tour there were no drops for LA :(

There's already been a GA drop for the Rose Bowl, at least for Sunday.

And it's not fully true there were no drops for the Forum shows. There were drops for the first two shows on TM and then as the week went on, there were limited drops at the box office for the other shows (though not always GAs).

wooo hoooo

I just picked up a GA for Dallas. I guess I'm driving to Dallas.

RZ in Houston and GA in Dallas.

Yup. I'm also waiting to see if they drop some for Saturday night. However they are dropping GAs for the 26th for Dallas now. If someone needs them get them now.

Back
Top Bottom