SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The last hour or so "sounds" have been happening at BC Place. Not even songs really mostly guitar bits Last 20 minutes were the transition to the Pavoratti verse of MS several times.

But then a full version of RHMT

I don't doubt they are prepared to rest some of the AB staples for this tour (UTEOTW and MW may sit the whole tour out), but AB has so many songs they've played less than those two that could get a run.

I'm really hoping for a AB 30th Aniversary Tour.

Heck, I'd settle for a 27th anniversary tour next year.

Now that they're doing JT30, they're getting my hopes up.

I'm really hoping for a AB 30th Aniversary Tour.

Heck, I'd settle for a 27th anniversary tour next year.

Now that they're doing JT30, they're getting my hopes up.

Likewise, if they're doing a JT anniversary tour then it would make sense to do an AB anniversary tour in the near future. I just hope there is demand for it because the possibilities are endless.

From Zoo TV 2.0 to much more freedom in potential set lists, that really could be one of their greatest moments to date, it's their masterpiece album

Please AB 30th anniversary tour! I never thought I'd want my favorite band doing anniversary tours but this JT30 tour will be so awesome, AB deserves one too!

Got a partial version of RTSS next.

Then a break and just the ending part of Pride

Now a break again

Someone mentioned a while ago that they thought the entire b stage was propped upright in a photo. If this is true, they could do some cool stuff where the shadow is actually the tree on the backdrop of the main stage, and the upright b stage tree being front lit. It would be ripe to end Mothers like that, go off, and play audio of Bono's four men chopping down the Joshua Tree line and come out to The Fly as the b stage falls.

I wrote that and several stage photos have popped up since. The b-stage doesn't appear to have any moving parts. There is an giant metal outline of the J-Tree that hangs above the stage - so that must be part of the show and have some cool effect we don't know about yet.

Just checked the reports from the last tour: Vancouver 2015 rehearsals reference - U2gigs.com

The tour began 14 May, though there was a big gap in rehearsals for their trip to NYC for Fallon. There was a full dress rehearsal gig on 8 May. It looks like the first night they did something close to the final setlist was 30 April - scroll down this article: Vancouver update, 11 May 2015 - U2gigs.com

The important difference is that they hadn't worked out the start yet. Elevation and California were still bouncing around there.

It seems 7 May was the only other day with a full set prior to the dress rehearsal, just from a quick squiz at the rehearsal articles: Vancouver update, 7 May 2015 - U2gigs.com

And the dress rehearsal actually had an incomplete set, clocking in at four songs shorter than opening night and with Beautiful Day opening the encore: Second Vancouver update, 8 May 2015 - U2gigs.com

I'm going to be both surprised and disappointed if they don't add something more lively to the encore, and if it doesn't close with 40. And there must be more songs rehearsed - Ordinary Love, the obvious one, hasn't shown up yet.

Think you for digging all these up.

My point is that 21 and only 21 unique songs have been heard and all have had their setlist placement 90-95% locked in place since the first day at BC Place. Barcelona 2009 was 22 songs and 2017 has some very demanding songs for Bono on JT. I really think this is it until the 2 shows in LA.

I'm seeing Vancouver/Seattle and I'm really not sure I will see more than 21 different songs.

And one more time through the ending of Pride with the transition to the beginning of Streets.

Did it over again. Bono seems to be working on a "speech" before Streets begins.

Last edited:
Think you for digging all these up.

My point is that 21 and only 21 unique songs have been heard and all have had their setlist placement 90-95% locked in place since the first day at BC Place. Barcelona 2009 was 22 songs and 2017 has some very demanding songs for Bono on JT. I really think this is it until the 2 shows in LA.

I'm seeing Vancouver/Seattle and I'm really not sure I will see more than 21 different songs.

This is starting to bug me too. On 360 and IE various different songs bounced around rehearsals, with some only appearing once or twice before being discarded. It's very unlike U2 to have such a restricted selection.

The only possibility is that they realise they have to do full scale rehearsals and give away some surprises, but that they can keep some up their sleeve for opening night. But I doubt they're so acutely concerned about Internet leaks to hardcore fans that they'd go to such lengths to rehearse five or so songs in secret.

So after UV we sat down for supper in silence mildly complaining that we didn't have any dinner music tonight. Then we heard the SBS drums. Then Intro music and then SBS.... only a little bit. Then a repeat and a more complete SBS.

Pretty sure that's your show opener IMO

Hmm, 21 songs would definitely be a bit of a bummer. Hard to complain, but hopefully they whip out some easy songs to pad the length a bit. (OOC, Electric Co., Vertigo, Desire, etc.)

The only possibility is that they realise they have to do full scale rehearsals and give away some surprises, but that they can keep some up their sleeve for opening night. But I doubt they're so acutely concerned about Internet leaks to hardcore fans that they'd go to such lengths to rehearse five or so songs in secret.

All of "light soundchecks" with PA turned off correspond to one of the 21 known songs.

Anything up their sleeves is visual. Re-watch the Invisible music video and check out the awesome visual effects that have never been used on a paying crowd.

I didn't realize Barcelona 360 was only 22 songs! That was a decent length show, so we're cool if it's just 21, Bono.

Back
Top Bottom