SPOILERS - Vancouver Rehearsals Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will be sitting outside for one if not both shows at Met Life

Unfortunately my sis was weirdly sick at our only JT show, so I don't remember much at all :(

ASOH would be pretty awesome to hear again. For a long time I couldn't listen to it because my mom was terrifying ill (she made it thru after 2+ months in the hospital) during the time the song was all over the radio.
It would be amazing to hear Exit!
For some strange reason I mix BTBS up thinking it's on AB. NO idea why!:lol:

But if they only play IGC acoustically I will be so upset! I need that full on Edge electric guitar especially those highest notes cascading down before the last stanza. (swoon)

Everyone going to Vancouver and Seattle have a grrrreat time, and thanks for the reports!

Bits and pieces (quietly) for the last hour or so but suddenly more volume

Pride
Streets (incomplete)

Short gap

BD

Bono working on a speech at the end of BD. several repeats of this

Now Elevation

Repeat the end of Elevation and into
Ultraviolet
One

<short gap>

In Gods Country
(repeated part of this a couple times)

RHMT

Last edited:
or he's just recycling an old saying and we shouldn't be looking too much into it.

Yep... could be this too... maybe a crew member is getting married soon and hence the inspiration for use of said recycled old saying?

Separately, anyone know if (1) there have been ticket drops for Friday or Sunday and (2) any of those drops include GA?

Bono working on a speech at the end of BD. several repeats of this

Now Elevation

Repeat the end of Elevation and into
Ultraviolet
One

<short gap>

In Gods Country
(repeated part of this a couple times)

RHMT

Dammit seamless BD into UV would have been cool.

Yep... could be this too... maybe a crew member is getting married soon and hence the inspiration for use of said recycled old saying?

Separately, anyone know if (1) there have been ticket drops for Friday or Sunday and (2) any of those drops include GA?

There's been a small GA drop for Seattle and Red Zone drop for Vancouver in the past two weeks, but other than that, nothing so far.

Tonight's rehearsal should be the most telling one as far as what to expect on Friday and down the road. Therefore, I'm really hoping for a few changes tonight! Namely, that:

-The setlist grows by a few songs, particularly in the pre-JT section
-SBS is not the opener
-Bono sings the Pavarotti part of MS

Tonight's rehearsal should be the most telling one as far as what to expect on Friday and down the road. Therefore, I'm really hoping for a few changes tonight! Namely, that:

-The setlist grows by a few songs, particularly in the pre-JT section
-SBS is not the opener
-Bono sings the Pavarotti part of MS
Prepare to go 0-3. I dont love SBS as an opener either.

Had to drive somewhere in Van today (rare for me) put U2 tracks on random play. Promenade came on. I thought to myself I bet it's been a long time since they played this live. Just checked the database. Has it really never been played before?

Promenade is a fantastic song. More atmospheric minimalism is needed from this band. The used to do it so well

Worthy of performance. Could serve as a great segue into a better known TUF track.
Being Born was the last song of theirs that got close to that feel.

Still ridiculous they're apparently not playing The Refugee this tour.

Official account just tweeted this:

Caption: "Drum and Bass (Player)"
Sign of the XXX snippet I've been expecting?

C_hH3NgUAAAFXaN.jpg:large

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom