So...How Will Bono Perform the JT Songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's hand downs the best Streets vocal I've heard for at least two decades. I wonder how strong the rest of the show is...and more importantly...why can't he sing like this more often?!

Were you at this show or just looking for some live audio from I&E?

The whole show is great, Pride, WOWY and Gloria is superb.
I dowloaded that show because it was the first show from that tour that was an IEM recording :)

Bono voice was in good shape on the the last tour, but I am very sure about the thing that wad holding him back wads the pain he was in caused by the bicycle accident.

I've uploaded the Iheart soundboard version of ISHFWILF, he havet sing that sobg it like that since the first shows on ZooTV.
ufile.io/98fe31

Last edited:
Sitting and listen to the show now, wow. You have to listen to it in earphones.
This must be the best show in years.
The band is on fire on this show,.
EBTTRT, California, wow!

That Chicago show is one of, if not the best of that tour.... I still listen to it a bit. Bad and WOWY are also great versions imo. I find this so much better than the Paris show... There was a stretch of show in NA where Bono was in great shape... I think in went downhill a bit in Europe as the tour went on. He was just a bit hit and miss. But this show is fantastic.

The whole show is great, Pride, WOWY and Gloria is superb.
I dowloaded that show because it was the first show from that tour that was an IEM recording :)

Bono voice was in good shape on the the last tour, but I am very sure about the thing that wad holding him back wads the pain he was in caused by the bicycle accident.

I've uploaded the Iheart soundboard version of ISHFWILF, he havet sing that sobg it like that since the first shows on ZooTV.
ufile.io/98fe31

He also seemed very sluggish and not his energetic self, I think this made some of the performances over the tour seemed quite phoned in... understandable of course given the situation, but hopefully he is in better shape now and we get some of that energy back, for me that was the thing missing on the last tour.

Regarding that performance of ISHFWILF its pretty decent considering he was off that night overall, its better than most the IE versions. He is a bit shouty here but he was vocally shot that night... I remember when they started Vertigo my heart just sank for him hahaha I actually like his vocal a bit on the version they did with Bruce a few years back, I'm a sucker for the those oh oh oh's at the start (even if that isn't a popular opinion around here, they give me those chills).

And I know this is acoustic blah blah blah... but I love how he uses his lower register a bit more and it suits the tone of the show vs a full scale U2 show, I just love that character in his voice and think he should use it more, its very unique. I think this whole show is a good example of him using his lower register to a goof effect, although I don't know if that style would translate well to a full band performance.....

I do agree though the iHeart one you posted does have a bit of power to it. Imagine it would have been better with the energy of a proper U2 crowd :hmm: I'm hoping these JT shows really get the crowd going, the band feed of that so much.

Last edited:
Man, these are some great examples!

Do you remember when they played WOWY live on a radio station a few years back (a DJ or radio personality had passed). Actually, I'm not sure if it was played live or if it was a pre-recorded performance but it's the only time since the 80's I heard Bono sing it close to the original vocal. Do you guys know what I'm taking about or where I can find that audio? Google is being persnickety.

That Chicago show is one of, if not the best of that tour.... I still listen to it a bit. Bad and WOWY are also great versions imo. I find this so much better than the Paris show... There was a stretch of show in NA where Bono was in great shape... I think in went downhill a bit in Europe as the tour went on. He was just a bit hit and miss. But this show is fantastic.

Man! How good isnt this street, one of the best ever. Sure Bono mess up the lyrcis in the beginning but it is forgiven after the first chours :)

Man, these are some great examples!

Do you remember when they played WOWY live on a radio station a few years back (a DJ or radio personality had passed). Actually, I'm not sure if it was played live or if it was a pre-recorded performance but it's the only time since the 80's I heard Bono sing it close to the original vocal. Do you guys know what I'm taking about or where I can find that audio? Google is being persnickety.

This one? https://youtu.be/iCGzXKPBYd8

That's it - thanks!

Not quite JT status but heartfelt and at least he really tried.

Yeah I think there were a few performances on IE that were the best they have done a quite a while. He tried to sing rather than speak

I am most interested to hear how they approach One Tree Hill. The video from the Tempe 87 show...like that. Bono's voice will carry what it can carry, and I imagine it will be a more understated vocal. But I want that guitar sound. That tone when Edge drops in for real...that note makes the song for me. My favorite song on the album might be part of the "Will The Crowd Stick With Them Through Side 2?" run, but I will be holding on for dear life waiting for all of those songs, no matter how bad I have to piss or how thirsty I am...

Back
Top Bottom