Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still hangin' on to that distortion, huh? Crazy. You replied to a quote with an indisputable and proven fact (clearly presented) and still call it an assumption. Do I really need to go back and list the others? The awkward staring factually happened. The -0- song representation (apart from Exit which was a joke based on the fan's question) definitely happened. Larry answering the question directly to Bono definitely happened. Bono planting his tongue in his cheek (cause we all do that when we totally buy something someone says, right?) while staring with a wry grin (and then Larry looking down) definitely happened, and Larry's displeasure with being a "jukebox" during Lovetown definitely happened.

These, my friend, are not assumptions. These are what grown ups call facts.

Let me help you out since you obviously don't know about dictionaries.

Fact: a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

Assumption: a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Just go to google and type in words and the definitions will usually come up on the very first page!

Your perceptions of facial expressions and their meanings can NEVER be explained as facts without verifying them with the owners. Your opinions are subjective by nature, and that you present them as facts and then try to explain that I don't know what a dictionary is makes you look foolish. Stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Your perceptions of facial expressions and their meanings can NEVER be explained as facts without verifying them with the owners. Your opinions are subjective by nature, and that you present them as facts and then try to explain that I don't know what a dictionary is makes you look foolish. Stop it.

Yes, I drew an obvious conclusion based on the facts I presented. With that said, every single thing I wrote in the post you just replied to were, by definition, facts.

You are the one looking foolish.

giphy.gif

Still hangin' on to that distortion, huh? Crazy. You replied to a quote with an indisputable and proven fact (clearly presented) and still call it an assumption. Do I really need to go back and list the others? The awkward staring factually happened. The -0- song representation (apart from Exit which was a joke based on the fan's question) definitely happened. Larry answering the question directly to Bono definitely happened. Bono planting his tongue in his cheek (cause we all do that when we totally buy something someone says, right?) while staring with a wry grin (and then Larry looking down) definitely happened, and Larry's displeasure with being a "jukebox" during Lovetown definitely happened.

These, my friend, are not assumptions. These are what grown ups call facts.

Let me help you out since you obviously don't know about dictionaries.

Fact: a piece of information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article.

Assumption: a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.

Just go to google and type in words and the definitions will usually come up on the very first page!
Maybe you're right.

Maybe Larry hates this tour.

Or maybe Larry hates the Q&A and did it because Bono made him.

Or maybe they were arguing over something before the taping.

Or maybe they've secretly hate each other since day one.

Or maybe everyone's annoyed at Bono for meeting with Mike Pence and Larry's the only one who can't hide his emotions.

Or maybe Larry's face is stuck like the from too much Botox.

Or maybe Larry farted.

All of these things could explain the face that were made, that most of us has to go back and rewatch a couple of times to even notice.

Which again leads back to your opinion on why the face was made being bring just that; an opinion. You have zero proof that you're theory is correct.

The idea that Larry thought the Q&A was stupid is just as valid as you're idea, if not more so. And if I insisted on saying that's why Larry looked that way, with no proof, and argued with anyone who dares to say otherwise, I'd be looney toons, bat shit crazy.

Maybe you're right.

Or maybe everyone's annoyed at Bono for meeting with Mike Pence and Larry's the only one who can't hide his emotions.

Or maybe Larry farted.

All of these things could explain the face that were made, that most of us has to go back and rewatch a couple of times to even notice.

Which again leads back to your opinion on why the face was made being bring just that; an opinion. You have zero proof that you're theory is correct.

The idea that Larry thought the Q&A was stupid is just as valid as you're idea, if not more so. And if I insisted on saying that's why Larry looked that way, with no proof, and argued with anyone who dares to say otherwise, I'd be looney toons, bat shit crazy.

If Larry hating the tour is facts, does this make these alternative facts?

Larry just received his infringement notice for sitting on Elvis's Harley and filming it

I really feel like Larry hates being in U2. I feel like he might even hate Bono. I think if the money weren't so good he would be gone. Being in the biggest band in the world can be hard to walk away from, when millions of dollars are on the line.

He's always been the silent, surly one, but he doesn't even seem like he's able to feign even the slightest amount of joy, onstage or in interviews.

I've always found the idea of him starting this band, only to have it taken over by the massive personality that is Bono to be fascinating. While Bono and Edge are considered to be the artistic drivers in the group, no doubt that the relationship between Bono and Larry is the most interesting / important.

Maybe you're right.

Or maybe Larry farted.

I'm gonna wrap this up because most people posting at this point are simply mocking the entire concept that Larry could even possibly be not on board with this tour...and the immaturity level is just too high to be productive.

I never said I offered proof. What I said was that I offered a lot of facts to support my theory. This lack of understanding on your part is absurd. How someone can watch that video and thank that Larry is thrilled about this tour / move by the band is truly beyond me. If he hated Lovetown due to the jukebox aspect, and this tour is even worse in that they are taking that exact mindset (only with 30 year old songs), why does anyone think Larry will be thrilled about this tour?

As far as the band in general being potentially conflicted by this tour, I do have proof.

Bono recently said himself that someone should "call the cops" if they continue this tour / stay in this mindset for "more than a summer" (I don't have the exact quote and I'm not going to spend much more time on this).

Time will prove this theory correct but for now feel free to make fun of me. I'm sure it's a lot easier than admitting to yourself that you're being sold a false bill of goods by this band at the moment.

Last edited:
I've always found the idea of him starting this band, only to have it taken over by the massive personality that is Bono to be fascinating. While Bono and Edge are considered to be the artistic drivers in the group, no doubt that the relationship between Bono and Larry is the most interesting / important.

Agreed.

To everyone laughing and mocking, the joke is on you.

"Ha ha...this crazy person wants the band to live up to their own code that they set forth...can you believe this guy? What a loon!"

"He watched a video where Larry clearly appeared to be unenthusiastic about the tour and actually said that it was probably the case! Then he the gall to support this theory with facts! The nerve! Let's make fun of him and attack his character instead of actually talking about the subject of the post rationally! That will be much easier!"

I'm not the one being a blind follower and denying that the band is doing something at the moment that is against the principles they have stood by for decades.

Make sure to buy the uber-deluxe package.

Maybe you're right.

Or maybe Larry farted.

Keep drinking that kool-aid, kid. I know when I'm being deceived.

Keep drinking that kool-aid, kid. I know when I'm being deceived.
You're a nut.

I wholeheartedly agree that the deluxe edition is a money grab. I have zero intention of buying it. Pretty easy solution.

The tour? Yea, it kinda is too. I don't care. I'd rather they tour than not. And frankly, Springsteen's River 2016 Tour at MetLife is the best concert I've ever seen, so if these can come close to matching that, then it's all worth it.

This band signed a contract with Apple 13 years ago to promote their music and sell iPods. If you're only now coming around to the idea that they like making money, there's nothing I can do for you.

That moment wasn't "selling out," but this is?

I accepted that the band, in some way, sold out in the classic definition of the phrase a long time ago. It doesn't bother me. The industry has changed. As long as they aren't doing DirecTV or Gap commercials, I'm okay with it.

So I'm not sur what this "Kool aid" you're speaking of is, and why me thinking you've gone off the deep end has anything to do with me being some sort of blind U2 sheeple. I have many criticisms of this band, and I've never been one to why away from sharing them.

You're going nuts over 5 seconds of body language. That's pretty coocoo.

Guys, do you think Bono wears sunglasses so he can constantly glare at Larry without anyone else noticing?

Wow this was a good day to return to the forums. :corn: Lardence is still as grumpy as ever, but now it actually means stuff! What a time to be alive.

You're a nut.

I wholeheartedly agree that the deluxe edition is a money grab. I have zero intention of buying it. Pretty easy solution.

The tour? Yea, it kinda is too. I don't care. I'd rather they tour than not.

I'm glad to see this type of rational admission. We're on the same page in that regard. The difference is that I'm not buying the tour either. Simply put, based on what I've seen so far (this q&a), Larry's heart isn't in it either.

That's all I'm f*cking saying. What I think is "coocoo" are the number of people who think that that it would be and are so quick to dismiss the possibility that it isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom