Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it. - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:34 PM   #106
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhill View Post
Good one troll. Grow up. Would expect more from someone with a U2 website. Keep taking notes and don't worry about your inability to read between the lines.
After reading the rest of this thread, is your inane militancy also a Morrissey tribute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Lol missed this earlier.

Axver, you troll!
I prefer "vocal parasite", thank you.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 PM   #107
The Fly

Local Time: 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
I think there are plenty in here saying they'd prefer SOE, but i really don't think that was the point of this crazy thread.

So what body language did you read from Adam that suggested he's not on board either?
Im referring to Adam's quote in the Achtung baby video in 1992 when he talk about the lovetown tour and saying that didn't want any part of that in the future,,meaning being a jukebox band.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #108
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Im referring to Adam's quote in the Achtung baby video in 1992 when he talk about the lovetown tour and saying that didn't want any part of that in the future,,meanning being a jukebox band.
Glad he changed his mind, because I sure don't want to see another mediocre tour of mediocre newer songs. 360 was a real low for U2. At least the JT30 Tour guarantees a large chunk of the setlist will be genuinely great.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2017, 07:45 PM   #109
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:09 PM
Quote:
Im referring to Adam's quote in the Achtung baby video in 1992 when he talk about the lovetown tour and saying that didn't want any part of that in the future,,meaning being a jukebox band.
You're the same person as you were in 92?

Have you seen the setlist already?
Old 03-12-2017, 07:48 PM   #110
The Fly

Quote:
You're the same person as you were in 92?

Have you seen the setlist already?
We know at least 11 songs of the setlist.....
Old 03-12-2017, 07:54 PM   #111
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
We know at least 11 songs of the setlist.....
One they've never played, many they haven't touched in decades, so how is it a jukebox again?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:06 PM   #112
The Fly

Quote:
One they've never played, many they haven't touched in decades, so how is it a jukebox again?
Now we're getting into semantic territory.Look,as i said earlier, most of us have come to term with the band walking on their own painting to get out of that corner.They have surrender and wave the white flag in regards of whats more important to them, defending new material or celebrate their back catalogue.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #113
Vocal parasite

How is it semantics to point out that the entire Side B of JT has been played live less than any individual song from Side A, and that any fan who missed the JT/Lovetown tours is most likely to have never heard a single one of those six songs live? For the vast majority of attendees, they're going to get about as many new-to-them live songs this tour as they would on any other.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #114
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Now we're getting into semantic territory.Look,as i said earlier, most of us have come to term with the band walking on their own painting to get out of that corner.They have surrender and wave the white flag in regards of whats more important to them, defending new material or celebrate their back catalogue.
If they have to make a small detour to figure out where they're heading then I couldn't give a f**k. This isn't something to whine about. Honestly, I find those that are bringing up 20 year old quotes speaking about the 'U2 jukebox' without understanding the context, to be just as stuck as they're claiming the band to be.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:30 PM   #115
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
How is it semantics to point out that the entire Side B of JT has been played live less than any individual song from Side A, and that any fan who missed the JT/Lovetown tours is most likely to have never heard a single one of those six songs live? For the vast majority of attendees, they're going to get about as many new-to-them live songs this tour as they would on any other.
They choose this jukebox tour rather than finishing SOE,even though SOE is close to be done.

The fact that decided to ignore 4-5 songs from TJT in the last 30 years doesn't undermind the fact those tunes will be 30 years old
Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #116
Refugee

Local Time: 01:09 AM
Quote:
You know, I wasn't going to get involved anymore, but now we have several people (including you ) acting like bullies because some people want the band to stay true to the principled stands they have taken in the past (which are a big part of the reason they have been so admirable). This is commendable and not something to browbeat someone over.

It's the band who have made this lame move and not the fans who have been following them all these years.

Try to distort it and play with semantics any way you want. Playing an entire, thirty year old album, is the very definition of being a jukebox.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:41 PM   #117
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
They choose this jukebox tour rather than finishing SOE,even though SOE is close to be done.

The fact that decided to ignore 4-5 songs from TJT in the last 30 years doesn't undermind the fact those tunes will be 30 years old
Just like your buddy redhill, you are assuming intentions and outcomes based on knowing a small amount of the inputs.

Are they touring the Joshua Tree? Yes. Is this instead of working on SOE? Maybe? Who the fuck knows but them.

Would I prefer SOE? Yes. Would I prefer them tour TJT, play live songs never and rarely ever played before, and release songs on vinyl I want to own in that format than to disappear for another two years like before every other album. Fuck yes.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:42 PM   #118
Refugee

Quote:
After reading the rest of this thread, is your inane militancy also a Morrissey tribute?
You go, girl.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 PM   #119
Refugee

Quote:
Glad he changed his mind, because I sure don't want to see another mediocre tour of mediocre newer songs. 360 was a real low for U2. At least the JT30 Tour guarantees a large chunk of the setlist will be genuinely great.
How was 360 a low? At least they were touring behind new music. They also dusted off UF and YBR. I was at a couple of those shows and they were outstanding. For someone who tracks U2 gigs you have some very odd and unfortunate perspectives.
Old 03-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #120
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Just like your buddy redhill, you are assuming intentions and outcomes based on knowing a small amount of the inputs.

Are they touring the Joshua Tree? Yes. Is this instead of working on SOE? Maybe? Who the fuck knows but them.

Would I prefer SOE? Yes. Would I prefer them tour TJT, play live songs never and rarely ever played before, and release songs on vinyl I want to own in that format than to disappear for another two years like before every other album. Fuck yes.
Why are you making the assumption that Bubble and I are buddies? We have never even communicated online. That makes you look foolish.

With that said, I do respect her stance and, as a long time fan, entirely understand it. Obviously there are going to be a lot of people who don't appreciate U2 going back on everything they once stood for.

Further, you're revealing how uninformed you truly are. The band has spoke in recent interviews about how this tour will impact work on SOE. Get up to speed on the facts before you make your blanket and ignorant dismissals.