Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it. - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 06:27 PM   #91
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhill View Post

Larry has expressed in the past that he does not want to be a jukebox. This tour concept is the epitome of that.
How is the epitome of that?! 1. You haven't seen the setlist, and 2. They've never played the album in full or any album.

Quote:

Bono has stated that someone should "call the cops" if this mindset / tour lasts longer than a summer. If that's not the words of someone being conflicted about their approach, I don't know what is.
Then call the cops at the end of the summer, stop creating outrage.

Quote:
Larry was asked to name a JT song he was excited about in relation to this tour. Apart from an off handed joke in response to a fan's comment, he named precisely -0-.

So?! Are you new to U2?! That was a very Larry answer.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:29 PM   #92
Refugee

Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I'm sorry to have piled on a bit, by the way. I've been disappointed by the band as well. But you know what, it's all gravy at this point. Maybe take that passionate energy and apply it to something productive.

And I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the update of the song and enjoy the show. :-)
Thank you. You're right and I will. I actually should be working right now anyway.

I hope you enjoy the tour as well ;]

Old 03-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #93
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:38 AM
I was ambivalent about the tour when it was announced (would rather have SOE, thanks), but I'm really psyched to see the first two shows of the tour.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:30 PM   #94
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
If you can't see they "why and how " then it's a waste of time trying to convince you or repeat myself (yet) again.

Take it easy.

Well please, don't waste any more time and energy that you already have.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:31 PM   #95
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Ha! Nicely chosen GIF.

Yea, you're right. I'm done.

Those who made no rational arguments and chose to attack me instead (for stating the truth) can throw me under the bus in peace.

Take it easy man.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:33 PM   #96
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
U2.com: Larry says redhill is wrong and revokes his tickets
A link is lost...
Old 03-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #97
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Those who made no rational arguments

Says the guy who so arrogantly created this whole notion on prescribing something to body language that more than likely wasn't there.

Rational
Old 03-12-2017, 06:42 PM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Ha! Nicely chosen GIF.

Yea, you're right. I'm done.

Those who made no rational arguments and chose to attack me instead (for stating the truth) can throw me under the bus in peace.

Take it easy man.
Mate, I agree with your underlying premise....i.e. Larry might not be 100% giddy about what the band is doing now. And anyone who has read any of the books about the band over the past 15 years knows that there's tension in the Larry/Bono relationship. IMO they still love each other but probably don't like each other much these days.

But as for what's going on in that moment on the video? Who knows. Larry seems pissed and annoyed that he has to be there at all. But that's basically been Larry for quite some time. Since there are no "facts' (or "truth") here to prove or disprove, it's all just opinion as to exactly what the dynamic between Larry and Bono, and the rest of the band is in that moment. They're a family, and it would be like us trying to figure out the glances a couple give at a dinner party...there's a lot going on we just don't know about. It might have been something as simple as Bono taking Larry's parking space outside the studio.

Again, the dynamic between Larry and Bono, and Larry's "one foot out the door" has been pretty well reported on from different enough sources over a long enough time to conclude that there is probably something going on there. But for now he's in the band, even if under duress. I also agree they're not what they were...who among us is?

Let's enjoy it while we can, because when it's gone, it's gone.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:38 PM
BREAKING: Pete Townshend commits suicide to make up for not dying before he got old - no longer a sell out.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Regardless of Larry's facial expression during the Q&A this week(After all, Larry nerver had a 1 million dollars smille on his face),there is one thing we can all agree on with redhill, and that is this tour is something that the band had refused to be for 40 years.

.....And that disappointment is fully legit.Nothing "coo-coo" about it.
JT30 re-release and tour, and let's delay SOE even more. How on earth did we get here ? It's their lamest move.

Larry's Spinal Tap comment was ace, as was the air horn. I'm only impressed if he is the one U2 member showing discontent with the current moves.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:57 PM   #101
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick66 View Post
Mate, I agree with your underlying premise....i.e. Larry might not be 100% giddy about what the band is doing now. And anyone who has read any of the books about the band over the past 15 years knows that there's tension in the Larry/Bono relationship. IMO they still love each other but probably don't like each other much these days.

But as for what's going on in that moment on the video? Who knows. Larry seems pissed and annoyed that he has to be there at all. But that's basically been Larry for quite some time. Since there are no "facts' (or "truth") here to prove or disprove, it's all just opinion as to exactly what the dynamic between Larry and Bono, and the rest of the band is in that moment. They're a family, and it would be like us trying to figure out the glances a couple give at a dinner party...there's a lot going on we just don't know about. It might have been something as simple as Bono taking Larry's parking space outside the studio.

Again, the dynamic between Larry and Bono, and Larry's "one foot out the door" has been pretty well reported on from different enough sources over a long enough time to conclude that there is probably something going on there. But for now he's in the band, even if under duress. I also agree they're not what they were...who among us is?

Let's enjoy it while we can, because when it's gone, it's gone.

Rational
Old 03-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
BREAKING: Pete Townshend commits suicide to make up for not dying before he got old - no longer a sell out.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:16 PM   #103
The Fly

Local Time: 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I was ambivalent about the tour when it was announced (would rather have SOE, thanks), but I'm really psyched to see the first two shows of the tour.
At least there is 1 member on this board that is honest enough to admit that she would rather take the SOE tour than this jukebox tour.And i think that Larry and Adam feel the same way.

I guess that most of us has come to the conclusion that when you paint yourself in a corner for 40 years, the only solution to get out of that corner is to walk on the painting.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:20 PM   #104
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:38 AM
That's not to say I hate the idea of the tour. I am not bothered in the least that they are doing it. I am just annoyed about SOE being pushed.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:28 PM   #105
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
At least there is 1 member on this board that is honest enough to admit that she would rather take the SOE tour than this jukebox tour.And i think that Larry and Adam feel the same way.

I guess that most of us has come to the conclusion that when you paint yourself in a corner for 40 years, the only solution to get out of that corner is to walk on the painting.
I think there are plenty in here saying they'd prefer SOE, but i really don't think that was the point of this crazy thread.

So what body language did you read from Adam that suggested he's not on board either?