Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For selfish reasons, after being a fan for decades, I would like to think (and early evidence strongly suggests this) that the man who started the band isn't entirely on board with this tour either.

why?

even

wtf

Maybe you didn't notice, but the argument was won a while back and this is the aftermath.

There's no way to paint this as anything other than the desperate bid for relevance and cash-grab that it is. They were too scared to take their stand and Bono is out of touch so we got "this" instead.

Any attempt to prove otherwise has involved nitpicking semantics, justifications, rationalizations, and revisionism.

It's impossible for it to be any other way because the truth is unyielding.

Until the band says it it can't be confirmed. It is your opinion that Larry is not on board with this tour and that it is a cash grab. Do you understand that your opinion cannot be proven true. This isn't like Nick66's argument that the Achtung Baby tracks would not be remastered. That could be easily proven. But it is your opinion that this tour is a cash grab and a desperate bid for relevance and that Larry doesn't want to do this tour. Opinions cannot be proven true or false, do you understand that? Because it really seems like you don't.

I think the OP is really reaching here. Just watch Larry's speech at the recent award he won. The words he said for Bono, Adam and Edge were all positive, he admits that he is the quiet one and that he is fine taking a back seat in the band. I hope this is true talk though

Such an odd thread. I would bet that each of the band members have some reluctance about this situation though as I'm pretty sure this tour is only happening because of a Live Nation contractual agreement. Doesn't mean it won't be a great experience for them and for us, but this is the kind of thing that happens when you keep wanting to overcook your next LP too long.

I don't know if it has been referenced earlier, but hopefully they make a fuckload of money doing this tour. They're all on board. Larry included. U2 ain't getting any younger. JT is a classic. While they still have the chops, perform the motherfucker live. Larry is gonna have a smile from taint to top after he looks at his bank account. Afterward, they'll be inspired and get back in the studio and bang out one more classic. I loved SOI! I'm one of those wackos who thinks that U2 still has "it". I think this tour is a great idea. (As long as they finish that next studio album :wink:. ) Larry's got bills to pay. Homes to maintain. That overheard can get high. Gotta make sure the underground sprinkler system is maintained. Larry's on board.

8OVSDci.jpg

Wow.. I'm impressed this thread has gone on for even longer.

But one thing I don't quite understand yet... what exactly was the argument Redhill claims to have won? I read this entire topic, but that part still eludes me..

Alright, it's been 24 hours and redhill seems to have let it go, now it's turning into a pile on and I'm starting to feel sorry for him while losing sympathy for you basterds. Enough of these monkeyshines.

Mods, please lock this thread and end this fiasco. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom