Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
raw

I realize that you defended me later on in the thread and I appreciate that...but I never said anything "stupid" and my goal was never to incite an argument.

I also can't see what I was "called on"? Time will prove that Larry has significant reservations right now and everything I've seen shows early signs of that. So you're making your claims based off the assumption that I'm wrong...and I'm not.

Also, how did I "cry off"?

I left the thread (because I grew tired of the smear attempts and trolling) and promised that I wouldn't post in it again if no one trolled me.

Within the first several posts, a few people did.

When it's more obvious (in time) that what I'm saying is accurate, will those who denied it step up and apologize?

I doubt it.

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I am not talking about your Larry theories. I've said multiple times that you may or may not be right, and you think you are, so fine. Feelings aren't facts, though a dangerously large number of people think they are.

I believe you are wrong because I see nothing in his behaviour that differs from other recent interviews. So my feelings lead me to disagree with you. Neither of us have any 'facts'.

What I was talking about was your claim of winning an argument that 99% of posters here vehemently disagreed with you on. But you brought it up when the unpleasantness was over just to fire it back up again and incite argument. The bit you were called on was when others came in and laughed at the moronic suggestion that you 'won' something. The cry off was the persecution complex you displayed when people reacted that way.

Poor you. Everyone is mean. Stop being a pariah, and grow up.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Oh. My. Fucking. God.

I am not talking about your Larry theories. I've said multiple times that you may or may not be right, and you think you are, so fine. Feelings aren't facts, though a dangerously large number of people think they are.

I believe you are wrong because I see nothing in his behaviour that differs from other recent interviews. So my feelings lead me to disagree with you. Neither of us have any 'facts'.

What I was talking about was your claim of winning an argument that 99% of posters here vehemently disagreed with you on. But you brought it up when the unpleasantness was over just to fire it back up again and incite argument. The bit you were called on was when others came in and laughed at the moronic suggestion that you 'won' something. The cry off was the persecution complex you displayed when people reacted that way.

Poor you. Everyone is mean. Stop being a pariah, and grow up.

I responded that way because I fed a troll. That's the only mistake I can see making.

It's not a "complex" if it actually happened. I already listed all the ways in which I've been smeared in this thread and those are indeed facts.

I stated an unpopular opinion and that was the best some people could do.

Don't shift blame onto me because there are some demented people here. For someone who is clearly experienced with distorting things, you're not very good at.

I responded that way because I fed a troll. That's the only mistake I can see making.

It's not a "complex" if it actually happened. I already listed all the ways in which I've been smeared in this thread and those are indeed facts.

I stated an unpopular opinion and that was the best some people could do.

Don't shift blame onto me because there are some demented people here. For someone who is clearly experienced with distorting things, you're not very good at.

Sure mate. And you have lots of impartial observers in here to back you up. Even those who have defended you in this thread (myself included) have deserted your batshit crazy nonsense.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Larry, I'm talking about you. The batshit stuff is the way you have engaged, argued, claimed feelings as facts, and walked away thinking that saying you won is enough to actually somehow win.

I mean it when I say you need to seek help. If you behave this way in your real life, you may find yourself very lonely.

Sure mate. And you have lots of impartial observers in here to back you up. Even those who have defended you in this thread (myself included) have deserted your batshit crazy nonsense.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about Larry, I'm talking about you. The batshit stuff is the way you have engaged, argued, claimed feelings as facts, and walked away thinking that saying you won is enough to actually somehow win.

I mean it when I say you need to seek help. If you behave this way in your real life, you may find yourself very lonely.

Actually, since you brought it up, the friends and people I choose to keep in my life say that I'm "true blue" and "always there for them" and other complimentary things. So, you've got that wrong too. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that there are a number of trolls and people who employ demented tactics posting online.

For the record, your and others talking about my "real life" makes me uncomfortable and is inappropriate. Grow up and learn some healthy boundaries.

I hope Larry wanted RHMT to be replaced by Womanfish on the album.

We're nearly halfway to getting a Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it Part Deux

Ahoy, mateys! Larry get yourself on board right now. Bono knows you don't want to go, but the trip is only a 3 day cruise and you can hang out with Gilligan and Mary Anne.

Last edited:
Word has it that U2 traveled back to Dublin to take a break from rehearsing and enjoy some nice time together. Larry never got on the plane.

WHAT. THE. FUCK.

I was wondering where everyone was the past 3 days. Shit. I never looked at this thread again cause i thought it was kinda pointless. And look. Still is! But quite entertaining.

How can someone be SO disappointed in the band for doing this tour? Would most of us have preferred SOE and tour? Yep.
But that's not what we got.
And this is not a "heritage act" or "becoming a jukebox". They just put out one of their best albums less than 3 years ago for Christs sake. And if someone thinks that they made statements in the past that contradict what have now decided to do, I would question their knowledge of the band.
This is the same band that said - Some people think a rock show is just somewhere to go and have a good time, but we take this very seriously.
10 years later they were walking out of a giant mirrorball lemon and dressing like the village people.
Things change. And I think they take it all seriously. But putting on a small tour to celebrate the album that changed their artistic lives forever, while finishing a new album, doesn't seem like they are in reverse gear.

I read this whole damn thread in one sitting. (one bathroom break) Jesus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom