Larry's not on board...and Bono knows it.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WHY ARE THERE STILL 10 PAGES OF THIS THREAD AFTER THIS POST?

Help.

Some trolls were bullying a few people who dared disagree with their justifications / rationalizations / distortions. As the initiator of this thread I wanted to step back in as it was revolting to witness.

Basic rule of Internet forums: when someone says "I'm done" or "I'm putting you on ignore" it means they're not done and not ignoring you.

I've ignored the happy trolls on my list and will continue to do so. It's liberating.

“As if on a conveyer belt, there will be a never ending supply of idiots and jerks that come and go in your life. Whether you stop the belt to dance with any one of them is up to you.”
― Dan Pearce, Single Dad Laughing

Maybe you didn't notice, but the argument was won a while back and this is the aftermath.

There's no way to paint this as anything other than the desperate bid for relevance and cash-grab that it is. They were too scared to take their stand and Bono is out of touch so we got "this" instead.

Any attempt to prove otherwise has involved nitpicking semantics, justifications, rationalizations, and revisionism.

It's impossible for it to be any other way because the truth is unyielding.

I watch that video and think wow typical Larry. Typical Larry in almost every single interview or video I ave ever seen. Honestly the person who watches that video and suddenly thinks to themselves Larry isn't on board and wants none of this is just desperate for something to talk about and in all likelihood desperate to seem more perceptive than the rest. Also I'm pretty sure that if you watch that video and think these things you're a drama queen in real life too.

See what I mean? The trolls on here want to attack my character instead of discussing reality....because it's an unwinnable argument.

They wouldn't have to make it about me if they had a case.

Now, I'm in it for the drama as well?

Fail.

Guys, get it through your heads. You can make countless failed attempts to smear me (I've shouldered them all at this point) but it doesn't change reality. Larry's not completely on board because it's heritage act cash grab time.

If it was more than that, why didn't they put more care into the latest JT reissue? Does that seem like a thoughtful release?

We didn't even get a full concert or any new (I'm not talking remixes) music.

Maybe you didn't notice, but the argument was won a while back and this is the aftermath.

There's no way to paint this as anything other than the desperate bid for relevance and cash-grab that it is. They were too scared to take their stand and Bono is out of touch so we got "this" instead.

Any attempt to prove otherwise has involved nitpicking semantics, justifications, rationalizations, and revisionism.

The argument was won?

The argument was won?

Obviously. If there was a way to win it based on the facts / reality, then the numerous (failed) attempts to smear me would have been unnecessary.

Let's see what the running tally is at this point...

I've been accused of thinking too hard, being a zealot, being too "important", having delusions of grandeur, thinking I'm the best fan, being assumptive, not thinking that other fans should have fun, having a psychiatric condition, being a liar, not allowing people to be adaptive, not having a sense of humor, being in it for attention, being in it for the drama, being a bully, and playing the victim.

The only thing some people are good at in this forum is smear campaigns.

The more they smear me the more you know I'm telling the truth. Otherwise, there would be no need.

How to win friends and influence people:up:

Alright I tried doing it the reasonable way, but yea.

You didn't win anything, arguments based on opinions are not winnable, nobody is trolling but you, this thread is fucking dumb, Larry would definitely not be on board with this thread.

Nobody is trolling but me?

A perfect example of the distortion prevalent in this thread. I agree it is dumb at this point. It was about 10% discussion, 30% sheer nonsense, and 60% smearing me.

"I know you are taking it in the teeth, but the first guy through the wall... he always gets bloody... always. This is threatening not just a way of doing business... but in their minds, it's threatening the game."

Larry's not fully on board with this one guys and time will continue to prove me right. Of course, there will be no apologies going around once that happens. All the character attacks will just get swept under the rug like they never happened. They already are!

How to win friends and influence people:up:

I tried to be as civil as possible (when possible) but I'm not in it to influence people. I'm trying to figure out why U2 would suddenly abandon their principles like this...and it's comforting to see that Larry's not completely on board either.

Last edited:
Obviously. If there was a way to win it based on the facts / reality, then the numerous (failed) attempts to smear me would have been unnecessary.

Let's see what the running tally is at this point...

I've been accused of thinking too hard, being a zealot, being too "important", having delusions of grandeur, thinking I'm the best fan, being assumptive, not thinking that other fans should have fun, having a psychiatric condition, being a liar, not allowing people to be adaptive, not having a sense of humor, being in it for attention, being in it for the drama, being a bully, and playing the victim.

The only thing some people are good at in this forum is smear campaigns.

The more they smear me the more you know I'm telling the truth. Otherwise, there would be no need.

Very Trump-like thinking here.

I tried to be as civil as possible when possible but I'm not in it for friends. I'm trying to figure out why U2 would suddenly abandon their principles like this.

It's obvious you're not in it for friends, but you're not interested in figuring anything out either.

You're acting as if you've tapped into some gospel truth.

It's unwinnable.
There's no way he can't be conflicted.
Etc.

You're projecting YOUR feelings onto him.

Your arguments have been riddled with just as much nitpicking, semantics, and attacks as you accuse anyone who is not on board with your theory.

You're coming off as a zealot, and the fact that you can't step back and honestly reflect on this is a big contributing factor in why this thread is what it is.

I tried to be as civil as possible (when possible) but I'm not in it to influence people. I'm trying to figure out why U2 would suddenly abandon their principles like this...and it's comforting to see that Larry's not completely on board either.

Your edit sums it all up.

Man redhill, you certainly fluctuate, don't you?

I've defended you in this thread, but your baiting and claims of 'winning' this argument are the biggest example of trolling we've seen.

You can't deliberately say stupid things to incite an argument, and then cry off when people call you on it. Three year olds do that to get siblings in trouble.

This is beyond sad - you may need help.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

There is not a doubt in my mind that redhill threw out his microwave a few days ago.

Man redhill, you certainly fluctuate, don't you?

I've defended you in this thread, but your baiting and claims of 'winning' this argument are the biggest example of trolling we've seen.

You can't deliberately say stupid things to incite an argument, and then cry off when people call you on it. Three year olds do that to get siblings in trouble.

This is beyond sad - you may need help.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I realize that you defended me later on in the thread and I appreciate that...but I never said anything "stupid" and my goal was never to incite an argument.

I also can't see what I was "called on"? Time will prove that Larry has significant reservations right now and everything I've seen shows early signs of that. So you're making your claims based off the assumption that I'm wrong...and I'm not.

Also, how did I "cry off"?

I left the thread (because I grew tired of the smear attempts and trolling) and promised that I wouldn't post in it again if no one trolled me.

Within the first several posts, a few people did.

When it's more obvious (in time) that what I'm saying is accurate, will those who denied it step up and apologize?

I doubt it.

Last edited:
1502388851-67ec4074f7ed6a113c8d302d973f1b81.jpg

Another one to add to the smear campaign list? Now I'm a fanatic too? I see a whole host of people in this thread "not changing their minds". By that definition, most of the people on here are fanatics.

Why would I if I believe it to be true?

On that note, I'm all for this thread being locked as I just posted. How is that not changing the subject?

Another mischaracterization. They're endless here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom