Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be the show to go to...I imagine the lessened demand would mean that the GA lineup wouldn't be as crazy as some of these other gigs where there's already thousands lined up before noon.

It's worked aswell, a lot of those upper tier tickets have gone. I don't think it's ticketmaster taking them down aswell cause there's random seats for sale here and there in every block

I sure hope not, considering what's been going on in Myanmar these days. I will be surprised if Bono ever brings her up again.

Call me impatient, but I'd really like to start hearing some 2018 touring rumors.

There's a rumour they're going to tour in 2018

I assume there will be. Typically they will tour after the release of a new album -- which is going to happen in December.

The only thing . . . . I wonder about over-saturation. Sure, they'll be back in the arenas for the next tour, but they did struggle to sell some arenas out during the SOI tour.

New boxscores released

Detroit 43k
Buffalo 41k
Minneapolis 43k
Indianapolis 52k

Kansas City wasn't released yet

The Edge had a Aussie radio interview yesterday or day before. Hopefully its a lead up to tour announcent. The Edge did say at the end of the interview that he would see them soon (hamish & andy radio presenters) he did say i hope at the end but i felt he just didnt want to let the cat out of the bag yet. (Fingers crossed)

I thought you were taking the piss? Of course they're touring in 2018 to support SOE. Does anybody seriously think U2 would release an album and not tour it?

Well they delayed an album to do the JT30 tour, so I'd say anything is possible. Somewhere down the road it wouldnt worry me at all if they dropped an album with no tour.

I don't think they have to worry about saturation in Europe. They'll probably do about 40 arena shows, but they could easily do 40 stadium shows instead. They have nearly in-exhaustable demand in Europe.

They haven't been to Australia since 2010. The gap between Popmart and Vertigo visits was also 8 years. The demand will be sufficient, to say the least. They'll probably also hit up Japan and some other Asian countries.

As far as the US goes, they seem to mostly be forgiven for the Apple scandal. Yes, they did saturate most of the country on this tour, but I still think there's enough ground to cover to allow for a 30-40 show arena leg. Honestly, I think the US should wait until the end of the SOE tour, be that late 2018 or early 2019, to allow a little time for demand to recharge.

St Louis has been cancelled
It's worth discussing that it was cancelled instead of just postponed.

There was likely little room in the schedule for a make-up date in super short order (before Mexico?), and it would have been difficult to fill the seats on such short notice. (Especially since there was no guarantee about exactly when the police or security would be available for staffing again.)

It's also likely (hopeful) that once the Brazil shows are done, they want to go full-steam ahead with SOE.

JT30 will be done and in their rear-view mirror, and they won't have time to go back to it.

If a Leg 1 show was cancelled like this, they might have tried to reschedule it during Leg 3, but they're at the end here, and there's no time before they move on to SOE.

I don't think they have to worry about saturation in Europe. They'll probably do about 40 arena shows, but they could easily do 40 stadium shows instead. They have nearly in-exhaustable demand in Europe.

They haven't been to Australia since 2010. The gap between Popmart and Vertigo visits was also 8 years. The demand will be sufficient, to say the least. They'll probably also hit up Japan and some other Asian countries.

As far as the US goes, they seem to mostly be forgiven for the Apple scandal. Yes, they did saturate most of the country on this tour, but I still think there's enough ground to cover to allow for a 30-40 show arena leg. Honestly, I think the US should wait until the end of the SOE tour, be that late 2018 or early 2019, to allow a little time for demand to recharge.

Yeah, Europe won't be a problem. Seeing as how many different cities 360 went to, and how little IE and JT got, they can easily do many more shows in different cities/countries.

At this point, it is a shame that Australia/New Zealand, Japan/Asia nor South Africa got to experience this Joshua Tree 30-year anniversary tour.

If they were able to bring the monstrous 360 stage, equipment and shows to these places, it leaves a lot of questioning of why they couldn't make it this time with The Joshua Tree to these same places.

Back
Top Bottom