Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey, some of us have a song picked for a bathroom break, Adam has a song picked for some sittin'.

I don't always have one.

On Vertigo it was Bullet.

But if I'm in GA, I hold it. But sometimes I have seats, and I enjoy the freedom to escape for two minutes and pee without huge lines for the ladies' room.

I enjoyed Trip and UV much more when I was visiting the pisser.

I take my bathroom break before concerts start and dont binge down on beer so i have to constantly go away. Those people are a nuicanse, the people in GA or stands and constantly go away to buy 1-2 beers, then shortly after go to the bathroom and then also for more beers :doh:

pretty sure that map is actually the average age of the residents of those areas.

Trying to catch up on my Blue Crack I've missed and quite possibly the quoted post is the funniest (and truest) thing I've seen here.

Yeah but how come in all of the other songs he's standing when he plays the bass?

This is not a valid reason, the poor guy wants to rest his ass during this song in particular, but why is he sitting down every time?

Probably has to focus on the timekeeping. Adam has always been the worst in the band at keeping time, which is impressive with Bono in your band. So that's why he usually stuck near Larry a lot, often eyeing him. With tougher songs, you'll notice Adam doesn't walk around much, just for the ones he's comfortable with. So when he's sitting, he can focus more. As RHMT has the horns playing along timekeeping is even more important than normal, the band cannot correct for him or they'll mess up the screen.

some of us just have small bladders, okay???

:angry:

(And not that it's any business of yours, but no, I don't take a pee break during every concert, U2 or some other artist.)

I didn't want to take a bathroom break! Yet there I was, sitting in a port-a-jon while U2 blasted through "Exit". One of the songs I was REALLY looking forward to.

Prior to the show (Cleveland), I ate something that did not agree with my stomach. Looking back on that meal, I wonder "what was I thinking?" Let's just say it was heavy, and not something I normally eat. Add to that a few beers, and then to go stand on a football field for 5 hours after that in the hot sun... it was never going to end well. I was ok, until Bono started introducing OTH and talking about Greg Carroll. Suddenly, everything else after that was a blur, and I made my way to the nearest port-a-jon. So basically, I was robbed of "OTH" and "Exit". I was on the fence about attending a 2nd JT show in Indy, but the fact that I missed those 2 songs sealed the deal... I WILL get to see U2 perform OTH and Exit, DAMMIT!

I didn't want to take a bathroom break! Yet there I was, sitting in a port-a-jon while U2 blasted through "Exit". One of the songs I was REALLY looking forward to.

Prior to the show (Cleveland), I ate something that did not agree with my stomach. Looking back on that meal, I wonder "what was I thinking?" Let's just say it was heavy, and not something I normally eat. Add to that a few beers, and then to go stand on a football field for 5 hours after that in the hot sun... it was never going to end well. I was ok, until Bono started introducing OTH and talking about Greg Carroll. Suddenly, everything else after that was a blur, and I made my way to the nearest port-a-jon. So basically, I was robbed of "OTH" and "Exit". I was on the fence about attending a 2nd JT show in Indy, but the fact that I missed those 2 songs sealed the deal... I WILL get to see U2 perform OTH and Exit, DAMMIT!

Exit would be the appropriate song for sitting in the port a potty.

As weird as that'd be to some, thanks for sharing that. It's hard to imagine when moments such as these or medical emergencies might come up during a show! At the first Chicago show, quite a few people were fainting and had to be assisted off of the field. Hydration is important for these things, so I usually make sure I have enough to get through the few hours of standing, especially GA.

But yeah, you can't predict when these things might happen... or if you had a sudden pain somewhere or get short of breath, and so on.

I've had a few instances in GA crowds where I've felt dizzy / short of breath and had to sit down elsewhere (not for U2 luckily). Whether it was due to not eating / drinking enough or feeling like there were too many people in a short space, I'm not sure.

Probably has to focus on the timekeeping. Adam has always been the worst in the band at keeping time, which is impressive with Bono in your band. So that's why he usually stuck near Larry a lot, often eyeing him. With tougher songs, you'll notice Adam doesn't walk around much, just for the ones he's comfortable with. So when he's sitting, he can focus more. As RHMT has the horns playing along timekeeping is even more important than normal, the band cannot correct for him or they'll mess up the screen.
Yeah this makes a lot of sense, especially since the drumbeats are quite soft during RHMT and the trumpets overwhelm the entire sound. Adam being close to Larry to hear the guiding of the drumbeats and sitting down might allow him to play the bass line in a better fashion and avoid screwing up the entire timekeeping and being yelled by the band in the middle of the performance.

Do you people pee 4 times through a regular work day? I think ya'll need to see a doctor.

Why would I need to see a doctor if my kidneys are healthy? I drink a lot of tea during a regular work day, so it's only natural that I pee often too...

I tend to not pee during a concert if I don't have to. But I can understand that some people can't hold it. My sister has a pea sized bladder and has to go every hour or so. Doctor says nothing's wrong.

Sounds like the Rome show were recorded over the two nights. According to atu2.com anyway

Huh? Yeah, this is really a odd article. First, like you said, no Coldplay... Second, no Metallica. Both I would say have outsold the numbers they give for the Chili Peppers, Adele, DM etc...

Also this little nugget -
Guns N’ Roses was the only group to sell more than 1 million tickets so far this year, according to Bongiovanni

You mean, not U2 that sold 1.1 million in 24 hours and 2.4 million to date? hmmmmm...

Last edited:

Yeah, this is a strange review. Especially the closing paragraph.
I admit, the "fire" is not the same in many of the songs on this tour in the same way it was in '87. But come on. really?

At the end of the day, they're four Irishmen standing before something bigger than themselves. Whether or not they can measure up to the largesse of "Sunday Bloody Sunday" and the infinity of a desert skyline isn't the question; why they don't feel the need to is a cause for concern

I've read this like 10 times and not sure what he's going for here. Can they measure up? They fucking created it man. strange.

Back
Top Bottom