Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i am 95% sure it was a publix, and now i'm about to spend the rest of the afternoon at work searching for exactly which one it was because now i'm super curious being highly productive.

Speaking of Dave, and speaking of the Joshua Tree Tour, the two Canadians I met were from Toronto. Some fellows who just graduated high school and went abroad and absolutely love U2 - reminded me of myself during 360.

Sounds like you walked into a Winn Dixie. Which is weird, because even old Publix stores aren't typically bad. What you're describing absolutely doesn't sound like any publix I've ever been to.

View attachment 11353

I would say that is the look of a typical publix from the last 20 years. Also,

2017 - http://www.marketforce.com/en-gb/node/2471
2015 - http://www.floridatoday.com/story/m...lix-ranking-consumer-reports-survey/26178371/

Typically they're very well favored and loved. So, really not sure what you walked into, but I can assure you it either wasn't a publix, or was a true anomaly.

found it: https://www.google.ca/maps/search/publix/@27.6406165,-80.4475651,632m/data=!3m1!1e3

it looks like the entryway has been renovated a bit since i was there in 2012 (new concrete and posts) but that's definitely the run-down one i'm talking about. i remember the random marine corps recruiting station (which i found super weird) surrounded by shitty salons in the same strip mall, and wondering why we didn't go to the brand new target across the street instead.

Speaking of Dave, and speaking of the Joshua Tree Tour, the two Canadians I met were from Toronto. Some fellows who just graduated high school and went abroad and absolutely love U2 - reminded me of myself during 360.

:up:

shoulda asked if they know dave from toronto.

found it: https://www.google.ca/maps/search/publix/@27.6406165,-80.4475651,632m/data=!3m1!1e3

it looks like the entryway has been renovated a bit since i was there in 2012 (new concrete and posts) but that's definitely the run-down one i'm talking about. i remember the random marine corps recruiting station (which i found super weird) surrounded by shitty salons in the same strip mall, and wondering why we didn't go to the brand new target across the street instead.

:up:

shoulda asked if they know dave from toronto.

I had plenty of skepticism when you said I-95 between Jacksonville and Miami. You do realize that probably covers like, 150 Publix locations? Lol.

I didn't feel the Ned to ask. I just assumed they knew you.

I had plenty of skepticism when you said I-95 between Jacksonville and Miami. You do realize that probably covers like, 150 Publix locations? Lol.

i do now :lol:

i knew for sure it was between st augustine (the first stop on the drive - my ex lost her shit when she saw those outlet malls :crack: ) and the exit to the turnpike in fort pierce because we took that the rest of the way, and i remembered the sketchy plaza well so it wasn't too hard to find.

I didn't feel the Ned to ask. I just assumed they knew you.

oh it was ned? cool, i know that guy. yea he refuses to answer any questions until you feel him up, it's kinda how we met. strange dude.

i do now :lol:

i knew for sure it was between st augustine (the first stop on the drive - my ex lost her shit when she saw those outlet malls :crack: ) and the exit to the turnpike in fort pierce because we took that the rest of the way, and i remembered the sketchy plaza well so it wasn't too hard to find.

oh it was ned? cool, i know that guy. yea he refuses to answer any questions until you feel him up, it's kinda how we met. strange dude.

So, the majority of Florida's population lives as such:

IMG_5840.JPG

Florida has like 800 of publix's 1100 locations. Most of Florida outside of the major city areas are truckstop towns just like the rest of the US lol.

Anyways, Ned is a pretty Canadian name so that worked out well. Though there was no feeling up :(

I hate it when people ask if I know someone from New Zealand as though the country is 45 feet wide.

I don't get shitty and sarcastic when I'm asked, because I just know one day it'll go like this:

"Oh Ian, do you know this fellow from Queenstown?"

"No I've never been there. Fuck off we're not that small"

"Yeah but have you ever met him?" *holds up Facebook profile of the person*

"Fuck I went to school with him"

I hate it when people ask if I know someone from New Zealand as though the country is 45 feet wide.

I don't get shitty and sarcastic when I'm asked, because I just know one day it'll go like this:

Do you know Oliver Wilson?

Can you give me advice of where to visit during my 6 days in NZ? Queenstown was actually marked up on my list, aside from Auckland where I fly out of.

Also, do you know that one guy

oh come on dude. you can't pull the "i met a canadian, i assume you know them lol" bit and then get bent out of shape over a florida old people joke.

Bruh, I didn't just meet a Canadian. I met two. From Toronto. Of course you know each other. It's not as ignorant as, say, assuming we are all old in Florida! I'm no old!

Anyways, no I just missed the word "age" and thought you said it was an average population map.

Can you give me advice of where to visit during my 6 days in NZ? Queenstown was actually marked up on my list, aside from Auckland where I fly out of.

Also, do you know that one guy

Six days? I could plan out six weeks. Queenstown for sure (never been there and shut it!)

Christchurch is cool as hell. I'll fly down and buy you a beer at Pomeroy's. Stay at Chester Street Backpackers and you can walk to damn near everything.

Don't go to Hobbiton.

Auckland is better than the rep it has.

I guess because Axver will knife me if I don't say it, Wellington is pretty fun. If nothing else (and we ignore my previous Hobbiton comment) Weta Workshop put on a great tour and Smaug at their airport is just too cool.

Going up north is incredible, but it takes too long for a six day trip. Cape Reinga and watching the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea crash into each other is amazing. The walk to the lighthouse is a bitch, but you can trump Axver on something NZ related.

Otherwise happy to have a yarn and a drink at Auckland airport.

Also yeah, I know the guy. He's a bit of a prick.

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

Six days? I could plan out six weeks. Queenstown for sure (never been there and shut it!)

Christchurch is cool as hell. I'll fly down and buy you a beer at Pomeroy's. Stay at Chester Street Backpackers and you can walk to damn near everything.

Don't go to Hobbiton.

Auckland is better than the rep it has.

I guess because Axver will knife me if I don't say it, Wellington is pretty fun. If nothing else (and we ignore my previous Hobbiton comment) Weta Workshop put on a great tour and Smaug at their airport is just too cool.

Going up north is incredible, but it takes too long for a six day trip. Cape Reinga and watching the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea crash into each other is amazing. The walk to the lighthouse is a bitch, but you can trump Axver on something NZ related.

Otherwise happy to have a yarn and a drink at Auckland airport.

Also yeah, I know the guy. He's a bit of a prick.

I'm doing like 14 in Australia, 6 in NZ, and 1 in Singapore. Strongly considering spending 4 of 6 out in the southwest, hence Queenstown as a base of operations to try to some of the more remote locations.

Also no offense to NZ, but aside from knowing the name of like he 5-6 bigger cities and the names of them iconic nature, don't really know what Hobbiton is. Sounds like a LOTR gimmick theme park. But I like LOTR. Is Franz Josef glacier all it's made out to be? How about Milford Sound?

I fully accept that my time in NZ isn't enough, but this is my first time in the Southern Hemisphere and the first time east of Europe / west of California. It's a taster session! Thanks for the input.

Does anybody know why Adam sits down to play the bass during Red Hill Mining Town?

If you happen to notice he has sat down every time during the live performance of the song since the tour started.

My best guess is because of the screen show of the trumpeters and the angle of direction of the band guiding the trumpeters through the song, especially towards the end when the left portion of the screen switches when the band and the trumpeters face each other, this is when Bono is also singing at an inclined angle.

bRzORRicjFeHytfTDPZVhqgMLbdfQd8y9yQmKl72cOosLyXtvm8ieE6jh3xDej-JqZcOMi4gHNGxvWMfqQIEr8UMIah91UZxQj7rM7-IAFsoiaBuUuSojR1WPesl1H9X-LZdgH-ciPRS1basWQgyb1Qer2lCRhRp0d1VJjVXM4e_qDshcmwZDF32IyYRsDGRTmeZ_Le0-MalV1-84k9jM3XVPQeVIoP2imlOLBbsClpBnFKeBCk6iNVrmX7okricGiqP9P_0x50SZPJzhCCemj6mgY3WFMW_p1_J-ZJciWq9FackohIQ_saO50KEsKDTrZUdR4zMr-Tqg_cMMsOrMurCkU-xkNZHh9P6-jfIlqZ2qO0AXm6eLUG2GYu1SEI59ZVY-7l3OcicYlDeaamPrjSZpD3iiuFJEfdzARcQwuEr2K6ZIXnmo2NVvfMVHeDNtIBDOOeFuKQ3LVA_7iVIiuLu3MKpLPVuXRAMQwiyVa6cvia9KJbb6aKoWAvw3dYbEjM7cYYqBElzdSHiO90IV5QbUqGRG_tt9rACUNLX8HUBfHHP9GNv18DA2dDB-kbFUEcvH_KnCvuFP4hgJB3Z3QKiVt9VIJ7n8HdbhkrfBcEqRHc3naOB2bA8=w1170-h658-no

WfwjEhHmvjYFmjC9K0DTajvL2EzwQl0XIYauIatDzEdZTSGXDXWA0RC05nWNAhuhOzMGer8r0tVHiafwRW9skD3mh1LSD0YEQnkYegxujSfBfrO6MYJwk_18CIcDOhgsHYtDCoUVa1Gv7Zv4jz1dkkQqxB-VwYSPbz0lXtVVtb1tJyCsVVx0MB9dwlD6MsvRpjAdCSPJPXHfyBCoK1h9FhWttQaED1UheiJSsp3AEB8Z_18hm9Q7x9t6IzUBYnDsFuFHCyOATLhcG2fvNCPEkvbn9AA3L9NVKGon16--OqX0rimzq7CW3V1cOwaLlpaQbuC-6VDngefEJAfbmTWxQm5ABx5hXPmZxddmR88QO0m8JBaPfQH3tz2swK6oQm706FhpPtpLhgpa8pv3evi5I9dqBjgrzc71_YbtGRqGwRMb-r2KlQclSGAK754iMJ2M1cR2KSHFysb4aeuS6tgEzsICMPcXj2lqPwJ2t3dP-d7s0J6oOgExOUWswDLlWZ2A0e4_a0dtupQVHarNLIK6iXvX_Rw5ePnxOogppnJhdIO9v7wNwZnw10QtnPPINYeqg1ZHpL7H4euJ7murIqyiaE4tr0lNkBCtCa8votiqf9yusR0K53qXRpj_=w1170-h658-no

M13NF_nblkpIAijwXI0r0IxHYFDlLR3Nd0U__z4ZMuZZ6pddTGg7Ckgtdkp2uSVQba0wY4VMVtQBJMuBvSAPnCER9UAGfiqEB8tXX8jxysnkypiK8fWE85nlMIgUo4CWZE1F5F2fJhLbT_tFdQPnKV84GMdR5BsYSpxQizawFmwiBLQdBHm0h1GU129EyRDB92soRrto78gF-z-YtrLLkI2bW49PgirT2yRN3mEC1HmUrvZB-iHZbdnZgPoLEsPADLrOn2jLEAxGBtEdO-No4Cj6fHJ8PSQS-tVPkWX8S3vhlSvzj8GlZtIlCEIQjjRssPALpwme2gr1KZI6weAgLwLsl1qaotN32702abeEHC20kjlmaduBoGuvGePkuyyUyJCDXlAqHK_k3-GUlDdFeh5nfxXdqIX44yKBOLuSGFygjQ6ledO65tukwjxwHKnD7G09VI-6gq8Yk0uKhQS1YTrb6ZELst0FLmxRj32I_oUw9Q1sVeDwjm_17xzHVuEHhDcuaRz4Qo9nhQLQ_gjJqByIliigZdkYagzeUGL8P0_8_Eev8HayGqdBOxr2ABRoiC5YB4vhQUtb1-P3o6yssu5HjDyqk64GgKSVVHJgleeluAMhs3baVoX8=w1170-h658-no

bEADHsVmpVRVMjQIvLCV7luZ-bGlUgR6Lg6LVFbueJtKW4dnCCGjTGPj-Q-vq0TlfQt9axPerO6Xo1n-HD33QXSyj332ma166u897A3i3YDmG5U7uoho0LyKdRulTJbyZvq-JGfHq7SInKzrZ3FdZFS8ZGXQp6dp4ianrgQqE6F6OkqlF1TC_WIuv4j4UiS00EwC3wivHCTevOaUKpFYr2meiXrFA9cESYJqxDlREY4-94jJvLT-9_ALaH_Gkow4dvSNy_q0qTOIt-lIWOl7XSd56D3cnOyiYqY2Nk78I-1Sd8GDU5a69BBtNl3usZ1hp0nG5HRqyYcsS3Fh9Zrpa7FZgk-tXavkF8Nw47pIsVfCp6f23fCW0d1oBd5tHrHuMI0agXxi0bQ9uWPFCCJBb4vfYBhjjeltYRX76hqFNMY22V6GiHhF1iu6pSYK5PR79EnmuPeClIUQge1IT367g-9UYoT7fJTr748nEnj1yxcev3nMfHAnK3TT2FVrlKYrGj9WaaIaRKVYjthx7aGkV4DmsvNP1HX02eFD54pnYlGz5ke1o6FDLgPCOOfbQ81O0Zz4H0ZbFZzOVUUJcTiytmgU2bbet0kAJ4ZRKNZwg4WdSABp9bhLPQlR=w657-h369-no

Just a wild guess! Any thoughts of why Adam sits down?

Looks like Berlin show had some segregation on the field, the same way that the Dublin show has been marketed and sold on ticketmaster? Just wondering if the Berlin show was sold like this or have any other shows ended up like this?

https://twitter.com/atu2/

Yeah they always have the area closest to the stage fenced off here too. But that is always either first come first serve or premium ticket, not down to luck. It think it's a security measure after what happened at Roskilde festival in 2000 at the Pearl Jam concert there.

Yeah they always have the area closest to the stage fenced off here too. But that is always either first come first serve or premium ticket, not down to luck. It think it's a security measure after what happened at Roskilde festival in 2000 at the Pearl Jam concert there.

In the case of Croke Park, I think it also has to do with the fact that the GAA pitch in Croke is so much bigger than a normal football stadium pitch, and hence you can probably get a lot more people into GA at Croke, and with that probably comes some sort of Health & Safety requirement to formally split the pitch. The big wide pitch is also part of the reason why Croke is rubbish acoustically for concerts!

I'm doing like 14 in Australia, 6 in NZ, and 1 in Singapore. Strongly considering spending 4 of 6 out in the southwest, hence Queenstown as a base of operations to try to some of the more remote locations.

Also no offense to NZ, but aside from knowing the name of like he 5-6 bigger cities and the names of them iconic nature, don't really know what Hobbiton is. Sounds like a LOTR gimmick theme park. But I like LOTR. Is Franz Josef glacier all it's made out to be? How about Milford Sound?

I fully accept that my time in NZ isn't enough, but this is my first time in the Southern Hemisphere and the first time east of Europe / west of California. It's a taster session! Thanks for the input.

Hobbiton is what it says on the tin—a "town" built near Matamata for filming LOTR, which has been retained as an attraction. I've never been.

If you want to do the fjords, Te Anau is a superior base than Queenstown. And if you want pretty lakes, Wanaka is one of the most beautiful towns in the world; it developed as a holiday destination a little later than Queenstown and learnt from it, avoiding the same mistakes so that it doesn't feel touristy. But Queenstown still has plenty to recommend it.

The glaciers on the West Coast are great too, and I have a special affection for the drive from Wanaka to the glaciers via Haast Pass (the only route coming from the south). But he warned it's not nicknamed the Wet Coast for nothing.

As for the main cities, Wellington and Dunedin are the highlights. Wellington is the cultural capital of NZ as well as the political one, and Dunedin has a distinctive Scottish character. Auckland is pretty but a bit of a mess, and Christchurch is not only still recovering from the earthquakes but for a long time had been notoriously staid and conservative.

Did you know this person?

Jet blast in Sint Maarten‬ at Princess Juliana International Airport‬ in ‪Caribbean kills tourist on ‪Maho Beach - CBS News

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten -- A New Zealand tourist has been killed by the blast from a jetliner taking off at a seaside airport in the Dutch Caribbean territory of St. Maarten, officials said Thursday

Hes not a young guy anymore. Probably hurting arms and legs.
Yeah but how come in all of the other songs he's standing when he plays the bass?

This is not a valid reason, the poor guy wants to rest his ass during this song in particular, but why is he sitting down every time?

Back
Top Bottom