Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grabbed a $70 "obstructed view" seat for tomorrows gig. Section 242, cant be that obstructed since that section went for $280 as well few weeks ago. Hmmm

I don't even dislike the song... it's just been overplayed and it's time for a rest, and I can't imagine where they would shoehorn it in... but knowing their past history, and with the only two shows of the tour for me coming up tomorrow... yea. Please go away, stuck.

Seems like it only got played five times on the I&E tour though? Out of almost eighty shows in total then (although I did get it at one of mine that year, and i I remember right, it got a pretty good reaction). None on this tour so far either, at least in terms of official shows. I'd say it's been getting a bit of a break since 2011, unless we're literally watching and listening to every show.

Last edited:
I enjoy Stuck a lot, i think it's beautiful, but as has been mentioned, it was played to death on the radio and in concert.

If Stuck is added tomorrow night and ASOH remains absent, it's a travesty.

It's New York, they gotta do something special, most likely will be a 19 year old hottie being brought in to the stage during Mysterious Ways whose tits will be flashed and Bono will go into cardiac arrest.

...Or Adam rather.

I don't even dislike the song... it's just been overplayed and it's time for a rest, and I can't imagine where they would shoehorn it in... but knowing their past history, and with the only two shows of the tour for me coming up tomorrow... yea. Please go away, stuck.

Bad and Ultraviolet replaced with Stuck and Mysterious Ways. :lol:

Not gonna lie, I was worried about MW popping back in. Breathed a sigh of relief when Bono talked about women "lighting the way" on Sunday night.

Bad and Ultraviolet replaced with Stuck and Mysterious Ways. :lol:

Not gonna lie, I was worried about MW popping back in. Breathed a sigh of relief when Bono talked about women "lighting the way" on Sunday night.

I would look for MW to pop up at NYC night 2, and possibly ASOH to replace Bad. Only one night will get Little Things... I just hope it sticks around for Cleveland, and that for some random reason they decide to play ASOH at Cleveland as well!!!

I would look for MW to pop up at NYC night 2, and possibly ASOH to replace Bad. Only one night will get Little Things... I just hope it sticks around for Cleveland, and that for some random reason they decide to play ASOH at Cleveland as well!!!

Ya, I'd take out MW and UV if it meant ASOH + Bad + Little Things.

I got to hear Bad and ASOH but missed Little Things in Pasadena.

There sure were alot of people smoking pot in GA yesterday, ballsy i say since how much police is around.

Anyone think they will add more dates to the 2nd NA leg? I want them so badly to come back to NYC/NJ. It was such an amazing spectacle yesterday and I wish I got to go again today :/

I liked it much better than I+E. Mainly because I was in GA this time. I think from now on I'm only buying GA even if it may mean paying more through scalpers

All you have to do is get a U2.com membership for $50 and you'll get your GAs. It's still probably cheaper than scalpers.

Yea that's what I did this time. Already got 4 total tickets, so if they add shows to the second leg I am already maxed out right?

Nope on the latter. :sad:

Yep, that really sucks. :(

Especially since they were heard rehearsing it! Not sure why they can't play it. It's not like ASOH is some rare, obscure b-side that nobody has ever heard. It's the opening track on an album that a lot of people own, right before one of their biggest hits. It'd be different if they started playing "Miami" in that spot and nobody knew WTF was going on.

What's the deal with Canada Day? How much a gig are we looking at? Since they have to be in Cleveland that day, I'm not expecting more than 3-5 songs

Any rumors of the tour coming back to the East Coast? Would love to see arena shows added.

What's the deal with Canada Day? How much a gig are we looking at? Since they have to be in Cleveland that day, I'm not expecting more than 3-5 songs
I read it was Bono and Edge only (probably doing it because Bono needs to kiss Trudeau's admittedly fine arse for ONE or something)... can't remember if I saw it was 1 or 3 songs, but one of those two.

Yep, that really sucks. :(

Especially since they were heard rehearsing it! Not sure why they can't play it. It's not like ASOH is some rare, obscure b-side that nobody has ever heard. It's the opening track on an album that a lot of people own, right before one of their biggest hits. It'd be different if they started playing "Miami" in that spot and nobody knew WTF was going on.

True. And let's be honest, "Bad" isn't much more known to casual fans, even if it was on the first Best Of collection.

The Glendale show still has GA tickets, but they are no longer hard tickets, the remainder are CC entry. Just a note.

Anyone think they will add more dates to the 2nd NA leg? I want them so badly to come back to NYC/NJ. It was such an amazing spectacle yesterday and I wish I got to go again today :/

I liked it much better than I+E. Mainly because I was in GA this time. I think from now on I'm only buying GA even if it may mean paying more through scalpers

Not sure how far you want to travel but, they are in buffalo in the fall. You can get GAs for about $100 on the secondary market

I had a dream last night that they played an acoustic version of Mofo on this tour with guest vocals from Eddie Vedder. Now that I think about it, a slowed down acoustic version sung solely by Eddie sounds wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom