Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So is it looking like ATL is out of the picture now?

While it's possible that something might pop up after San Diego, at this point I'm thinking the whole US is done. The most likely additions to JT30 are that one last concert in Brazil and maybe an Australian leg.

While it's possible that something might pop up after San Diego, at this point I'm thinking the whole US is done. The most likely additions to JT30 are that one last concert in Brazil and maybe an Australian leg.

Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards. That's what happened on 360 too. It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".

Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards. That's what happened on 360 too. It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".

Oh god which gig was it where everyone threw their toys out of the cot and sulked because their first night show was now night two?

I had a dream last night that U2 closed one of these JT shows with Goldeneye. Bono came out wearing all white and did complicated yoga poses while singing.

Still only did 21 songs, though.

Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards.
That would be cool, but when I checked yesterday evening, there were still about a thousand seats left for the second show, pretty much all side stage in the $290 price range.

To sell out a third show, they'd likely have to shift a significant number of seats to a lower price range.

It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".
you are so right! Strange, isnt it? I mean, how many people work in U2's management/livenation?
They could easily sell out another full leg of European shows. The logical explanation is that they're keeping demand high for when they come back with E+I next year.

(That way they can pretend to themselves that at least some people really like their new SOE album. :tongue: )

That would be cool, but when I checked yesterday evening, there were still about a thousand seats left for the second show, pretty much all side stage in the $290 price range.

To sell out a third show, they'd likely have to shift a significant number of seats to a lower price range.

There are also still GAs available as of now, so I am doubting they will put a third one on too now.

Good sign for SOE...

You're right; good catch.

"...and it's also confirmed that this will be the final date of #U2TheJoshuaTree2017."

of course, that hashtag includes 2017, so technically there could be #U2TheJoshuaTree2018... but I'm hoping not. Come on, SoE!

GAs still available for Phoenix - I just scored 2 with no problem and they are still listed. And you can print at home or get hard copies mailed to you.

19425074_1904418059845976_4528307667986284544_n.jpg

what the fuck is this fuckery all about

gonna spoiler tag it because the image looks to be pretty big.

Back
Top Bottom