Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I went to the full list link:
https://www.pollstar.com/Chart/2017/07/207MidYearTop100WorldwideTours_575.pdf

and it still doesn't make sense. How they have U2 at sales of 990k tickets on the worldwide list is completely erroneous. The only thing i can think is that they are talking about shows that have already been performed, and they are only counting the US shows and none of the European shows yet on this list...
I'm guessing that has to be it.

and it still doesn't make sense. How they have U2 at sales of 990k tickets on the worldwide list is completely erroneous. The only thing i can think is that they are talking about shows that have already been performed, and they are only counting the US shows and none of the European shows yet on this list...

Well, judging by the large numbers of unsold seats that G&R have available down here in Miami, U2 can catch up to them after Europe and a successful swing through the US in a couple of months.

Hear that St Louis, New Orleans and Phoenix?

The 990k tickets count for U2 is only up to June 30. The Cleveland show that ended the NA leg was not part of the tally, since it fell outside that date range.

got a kick out of sicy's post of the berlin setlist in the setlist thread:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...17-nightly-setlists-220978-2.html#post8183553

July 12, 2017 - Berlin, DE – Olympic Stadium

Sunday Bloody Sunday
New Year's Day
Bad
(with 'Singin' in the Rain', '… more )
Pride (In the Name of Love)
The Joshua Tree
Where the Streets Have No Name
(with 'California (There Is No… more )
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Red Hill Mining Town
In God's Country
Trip Through Your Wires
One Tree Hill
Exit
(with 'Wise Blood' and 'Eeny… more )
Mothers of the Disappeared

Encore:
Miss Sarajevo
(Passengers cover)

Beautiful Day
(with 'The Passenger' snippet)
Elevation
Vertigo
(with 'Rebel Rebel' snippet)
Mysterious Ways
(with 'Miss You','Young… more )
Happy Birthday
(Mildred J. Hill cover)
(to Malala Yousafzai)
Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
One
(with 'Hear Us Coming' snippet)
Rain
(The Beatles cover)

(not sure how accurate this is - got it from the internetz. Didnt see a setlist party thread for this show).

:lol:

Don't read Setlistfm comments about whether Bruce playing Because The Night counts as a cover or not.

Don't read Setlistfm comments about whether Bruce playing Because The Night counts as a cover or not.

Or if Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band play a song from a Bruce solo album, it's also considered a "cover".

Just like if Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers play "free falling" or "running down a dream" (they do at every gig) it's considered a "Tom Petty cover".

Or if Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band play a song from a Bruce solo album, it's also considered a "cover".

Just like if Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers play "free falling" or "running down a dream" (they do at every gig) it's considered a "Tom Petty cover".
I've never seen Atlantic City listed as a cover

ok so i just got hold of 2 tix for Paris thanks to amazing lovely U2 fans, only the entrances are on opposite sides of the stadium, so need to figure out a place to find each other again on the pitch - arriving pretty late around 7/7.30pm, but what is this GA set-up like on the stadium scale? can anyone recommend where a good spot would be to find someone? how about around the sound desk? is it quite a way back and not likely to be too crowded? or am i looking at needle in haystack scenario? haha

No matter how crowded a gig, you can almost always find someone if you have them meet you at a specific point of the mix tent. You should certainly have some open space back there .

ok so i just got hold of 2 tix for Paris thanks to amazing lovely U2 fans, only the entrances are on opposite sides of the stadium, so need to figure out a place to find each other again on the pitch - arriving pretty late around 7/7.30pm, but what is this GA set-up like on the stadium scale? can anyone recommend where a good spot would be to find someone? how about around the sound desk? is it quite a way back and not likely to be too crowded? or am i looking at needle in haystack scenario? haha

You could try meeting at the red zone entrance.

We're in! They let us in the same gate - got a good spot between mixing desk and lighting rig - omg am so hyper it's unreal - bring it!

We're in! They let us in the same gate - got a good spot between mixing desk and lighting rig - omg am so hyper it's unreal - bring it!

So jealous. Enjoy

An American couple tried to sell me tickets in Dublin for tonight's show in Paris. Was so tempted but I reckon my wife would probably kick me out :) I said you trying to get me divorced mate :)

So jealous. Enjoy

An American couple tried to sell me tickets in Dublin for tonight's show in Paris. Was so tempted but I reckon my wife would probably kick me out :) I said you trying to get me divorced mate :)

you have to try a Paris gig at least once - they're always really special!
next time maybe combine it with a romantic break - can't go wrong surely? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom