Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If they change a video or two around, that would justify some rehearsals, even if they aren't adding in a new song like Zooropa.

Heck, if they ever want to play ASOH again on this tour, they'd probably need to practice it too, it's been so long.

Twickenham stadium looks horrible outside. Just a big concrete block

It's not a patch on Wembley!

Ive been to twickenham a few times and never been impressed with it. It's impressive inside but outside it's just one giant concrete block. Looks horrible.

The towns pants aswell, nothing there. Miles away from central London.

Wembleys loads better like you say. Went to the stone roses gig there the other week. Spent the day round Camden then got on the tube to London. It was great

Ive been to twickenham a few times and never been impressed with it. It's impressive inside but outside it's just one giant concrete block. Looks horrible.

The towns pants aswell, nothing there. Miles away from central London.

Wembleys loads better like you say. Went to the stone roses gig there the other week. Spent the day round Camden then got on the tube to London. It was great
Is there a Waitrose nearby Twickenham or the stadium?

Waitrose is probably one the best looking supermarket chains I've ever seen, specially the location at Shepherd's Bush. I wish supermarkets here in the US were that elegant, Americans don't have taste for anything.

Waitrose is probably one the best looking supermarket chains I've ever seen, specially the location at Shepherd's Bush. I wish supermarkets here in the US were that elegant, Americans don't have taste for anything.

There is a supermarket next door to the stadium but it's not a Waitrose. It's a Tesco or Asda.

Waitrose is seen as a posh rich persons supermarket here in England. That's why I've never been in one :)

Hope everyone that's going to Twickenham has a way of getting home. The public transport outside is a nightmare after events.

Arlington was the worst. No public transport to/from the venue except for the nearest train station 7 miles / 11 kms away.

Hope everyone that's going to Twickenham has a way of getting home. The public transport outside is a nightmare after events.

Yeah twickenham is terrible and you have no chance of getting a taxi. I'm staying in the town so it's not to bad for me

Wow wow wow, twickenham two just might be the best I've ever seen them, unbelievable gig. I'll do a write up tomorrow.

Ps - anyone on here that moans about elevation and vertigo in the set can kiss my hairy English butt cheeks :) I mean that in the nicest way. The stadium was bouncing for these two tunes

Unbelieveable concert

Wow wow wow, twickenham two just might be the best I've ever seen them, unbelievable gig. I'll do a write up tomorrow.

Ps - anyone on here that moans about elevation and vertigo in the set can kiss my hairy English butt cheeks :) I mean that in the nicest way. The stadium was bouncing for these two tunes

Unbelieveable concert

I agree. In terms of audience energy at the Cleveland show, the definite high point was BD, Elevation and Vertigo. Those seriously are part of the U2 Greatest Hits canon now. A rather spirited version of MW came after that. I really liked the fact that I was seeing side 2 of TJT live, but I also really liked seeing how excited the stadium got during those songs.

Well what can I say. That was the most incredible weekend I have ever experienced. Never have I been to something as big as two sold out Twickenham Stadium shows with U2. Absolutely mind blowing. They are the most incredible band and truly one of a kind. Will post show reviews tomorrow. Atmosphere was incredible for both evenings. I have to say best shows so far this tour! [emoji57]

Hmm, okay.

Well, then they should open a Wegmans Stores in Palm Beach because it kinda destroys Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco and being from Scotland and now living in NJ, I've shopped at them all and sorry but nothing touches the mighty Weggers :shifty:

And... it's elegant as feck.

JT was great, the last three songs are as close to perfect as you're going to get at a U2 gig.

The encore is total junk. I was bored out of my brains during the encore at the first night. Second night I was good and drunk so I jumped around like an idiot, but it helped that we got a great performance of MW and that I was far enough back in GA that going for a piss break during UV was possible.

And I still don't know if I can quite talk about missing out on ASOH.

Hmm, okay.

Well, then they should open a Wegmans Stores in Palm Beach because it kinda destroys Waitrose, Sainsbury, Tesco and being from Scotland and now living in NJ, I've shopped at them all and sorry but nothing touches the mighty Weggers :shifty:

And... it's elegant as feck.

Yeah Florida really is missing a Wegman's.

Interestingly enough, by the freak of all odds, I was at the Waitrose in Shepherd's Bush just a few hours ago (swung by Westfield for a pair of shoes, too).

Waitrose is nice, but I'm not quite sure where the hate is for American markets - especially in the gloriful land of Florida - Publix is fantastic. And Whole Foods is quite awesome. I wouldn't dare put either in the same league as a Tesco, and certainly not a Sainsbury. Publix is to M&S (food) as Whole Foods is to Waitrose. I think there are appreciable aspects to both sides of this pond. Signed,

Someone who has spent 50% of his time in the US and another 50% of his time in the UK and Europe over the last... nearly 2.5 years.

i stopped in a publix once in some random town off i-95 while driving between jacksonville and miami, and it was like walking into a time warp from 1991. it looked the same as the supermarket my mom took me to and carted me around when i was little, filth and grime included (on both store and customers). got my sunscreen and a bag of beef jerky and hightailed it out of there before any rednecks caught wind of a handsome city boy in their midst.

i can't even fathom what a "nice" one would look like.

i stopped in a publix once in some random town off i-95 while driving between jacksonville and miami, and it was like walking into a time warp from 1991. it looked the same as the supermarket my mom took me to and carted me around when i was little, filth and grime included (on both store and customers). got my sunscreen and a bag of beef jerky and hightailed it out of there before any rednecks caught wind of a handsome city boy in their midst.

i can't even fathom what a "nice" one would look like.

Sounds like you walked into a Winn Dixie. Which is weird, because even old Publix stores aren't typically bad. What you're describing absolutely doesn't sound like any publix I've ever been to.

IMG_5832.JPG

I would say that is the look of a typical publix from the last 20 years. Also,

2017 - http://www.marketforce.com/en-gb/node/2471
2015 - http://www.floridatoday.com/story/m...lix-ranking-consumer-reports-survey/26178371/

Typically they're very well favored and loved. So, really not sure what you walked into, but I can assure you it either wasn't a publix, or was a true anomaly.

i am 95% sure it was a publix, and now i'm about to spend the rest of the afternoon at work searching for exactly which one it was because now i'm super curious being highly productive.

Back
Top Bottom