Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-22-2017, 07:37 PM   #31
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 27,707
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Why play Atlanta when you can play Buffalo?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
The decision is a bit Erie
Maybe they decided to just wing it with the itinerary.
__________________

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #32
Refugee
 
RoKKeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,829
Local Time: 12:33 PM
So is it looking like ATL is out of the picture now?
__________________

RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 08:46 PM   #33
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 348
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
So is it looking like ATL is out of the picture now?
I'm afraid so. Unless they are opening for Garth Brooks.
cbradfly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 10:08 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cleazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo
Posts: 6,553
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
So is it looking like ATL is out of the picture now?
While it's possible that something might pop up after San Diego, at this point I'm thinking the whole US is done. The most likely additions to JT30 are that one last concert in Brazil and maybe an Australian leg.
cleazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 11:58 PM   #35
Vocal parasite
 
Axver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: 1853
Posts: 152,251
Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
While it's possible that something might pop up after San Diego, at this point I'm thinking the whole US is done. The most likely additions to JT30 are that one last concert in Brazil and maybe an Australian leg.
Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards. That's what happened on 360 too. It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".
__________________
"Mediocrity is never so dangerous as when it is dressed up as sincerity." - Søren Kierkegaard

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:37 AM   #36
Refugee
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Roermond, Netherlands
Posts: 1,769
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".
you are so right! Strange, isnt it? I mean, how many people work in U2's management/livenation?
phommel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,933
Local Time: 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards. That's what happened on 360 too. It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".
Oh god which gig was it where everyone threw their toys out of the cot and sulked because their first night show was now night two?
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:27 AM   #38
Refugee
 
LadySpinHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Faraway, So Close
Posts: 1,764
Local Time: 11:33 AM
I had a dream last night that U2 closed one of these JT shows with Goldeneye. Bono came out wearing all white and did complicated yoga poses while singing.

Still only did 21 songs, though.
LadySpinHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 07:54 AM   #39
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cleazer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo
Posts: 6,553
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Rumour has it a third date in Mexico City before the existing two might be on the cards.
That would be cool, but when I checked yesterday evening, there were still about a thousand seats left for the second show, pretty much all side stage in the $290 price range.

To sell out a third show, they'd likely have to shift a significant number of seats to a lower price range.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's like U2 somehow don't realise how popular they are in countries whose names don't end in "America" and start with "United States of".
Quote:
Originally Posted by phommel View Post
you are so right! Strange, isnt it? I mean, how many people work in U2's management/livenation?
They could easily sell out another full leg of European shows. The logical explanation is that they're keeping demand high for when they come back with E+I next year.

(That way they can pretend to themselves that at least some people really like their new SOE album. )
cleazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:18 AM   #40
Refugee
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: California
Posts: 1,438
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySpinHead View Post
I had a dream last night that U2 closed one of these JT shows with Goldeneye. Bono came out wearing all white and did complicated yoga poses while singing.

Still only did 21 songs, though.
Was there a Headstand Man afterwards?
superchuk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #41
Blue Crack Addict
 
prbiker15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 15,189
Local Time: 12:33 PM
São Paulo #3 just announced. No more JT shows after October 22nd.
U2 > News > Third and final night in Sao Paulo
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #42
Refugee
 
RoKKeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,829
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
São Paulo #3 just announced. No more JT shows after October 22nd.
U2 > News > Third and final night in Sao Paulo
Good sign for SOE...
RoKKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:22 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 5,160
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
That would be cool, but when I checked yesterday evening, there were still about a thousand seats left for the second show, pretty much all side stage in the $290 price range.

To sell out a third show, they'd likely have to shift a significant number of seats to a lower price range.
There are also still GAs available as of now, so I am doubting they will put a third one on too now.
Pop Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:23 PM   #44
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pop Artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 5,160
Local Time: 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoKKeR View Post
Good sign for SOE...
Fact that they added a fall JT2017 leg was a good sign for SOE, would not have been done if SOE still needed a lot of work.
Pop Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:32 PM   #45
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 4,277
Local Time: 04:33 PM
This is GREAT NEWS!! Bring on SOE!
__________________

womanfish is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com