Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there much money in music dvd's anymore? Is it even worth them releasing it.

The only thing I thought why it wouldn't be a u2.com gift is cost, surely the cost of filming some shows for DVD would cost way to much money for a u2.com gift. Wouldn't be worth it

Is there much money in music dvd's anymore? Is it even worth them releasing it.

The only thing I thought why it wouldn't be a u2.com gift is cost, surely the cost of filming some shows for DVD would cost way to much money for a u2.com gift. Wouldn't be worth it

I think it now makes more sense for a concert film to get a prioritized release on streaming, with DVD as secondary. Think the Paris show being an HBO special, or Justin Timberlake's concert film being released on Netflix.

Wow, its been a while since I caught up around here.

Glad to say I was in attendance for the Cleveland show, albeit in the nosebleeds. It was my third U2 concert (Saw Elevation and Vertigo tours previously).

I've read some fan reviews, and yes, some of the more critical ones have merit. The set list starts out with high energy hits, leading up to The Joshua Tree.

"Sunday Bloody Sunday" proved to be a great opener, though by the time you get to "Running to Stand Still," the concept of Pre-JT classics to JT in sequence begins to wane a bit.

The guitar work on "Bullet the Blue Sky" resembles the original album/JT tour more so than its (superior, IMO) Zoo-TV/Popmart/Elevation extensions.

"Red Hill Mining Town" was awkward the first time hearing its reworked live version, though it has grown on me since. Live, though, most of the crowd took a seat. It began to make sense as to why the band left it behind for so long.

"In God's Country" sounded great, and it was pretty redeeming. "Trip Through Your Wires," with Morleigh doing her thing, and the band trying to sex up an otherwise earnest to the bone album.

"Exit" was very interesting, as he performed as The Shadow Man. Some of the overall energy was still lost at this point, going from hits to rarities. I felt like the only one in the audience who really dug it.

"Miss Sarajevo" wasn't very exciting, though the band wanted to make a point about Trump, women, dreams, etc. I can respect that, but the Vertigo Tour version was infinitely superior.

The energy was revived from "Beautiful Day" onward. "Ultraviolet's" screenshow was overkill with the whole "anti-Trump/women are the future" theme, but hey, it sounded great, and I never thought I'd get to see it performed at all (as with Side 2 of JT).

Back
Top Bottom