Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion III - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-10-2017, 01:43 PM   #151
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i am 95% sure it was a publix, and now i'm about to spend the rest of the afternoon at work searching for exactly which one it was because now i'm super curious being highly productive.


Speaking of Dave, and speaking of the Joshua Tree Tour, the two Canadians I met were from Toronto. Some fellows who just graduated high school and went abroad and absolutely love U2 - reminded me of myself during 360.
__________________

__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:10 PM   #152
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 3,931
Local Time: 10:09 AM
U2's Joshua Tree Tour on Track to Be Biggest of 2017 | Billboard
__________________

__________________
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #153
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,302
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Sounds like you walked into a Winn Dixie. Which is weird, because even old Publix stores aren't typically bad. What you're describing absolutely doesn't sound like any publix I've ever been to.

Attachment 11353

I would say that is the look of a typical publix from the last 20 years. Also,

2017 - http://www.marketforce.com/en-gb/node/2471
2015 - http://www.floridatoday.com/story/mo...rvey/26178371/

Typically they're very well favored and loved. So, really not sure what you walked into, but I can assure you it either wasn't a publix, or was a true anomaly.
found it: https://www.google.ca/maps/search/pu.../data=!3m1!1e3

it looks like the entryway has been renovated a bit since i was there in 2012 (new concrete and posts) but that's definitely the run-down one i'm talking about. i remember the random marine corps recruiting station (which i found super weird) surrounded by shitty salons in the same strip mall, and wondering why we didn't go to the brand new target across the street instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Speaking of Dave, and speaking of the Joshua Tree Tour, the two Canadians I met were from Toronto. Some fellows who just graduated high school and went abroad and absolutely love U2 - reminded me of myself during 360.


shoulda asked if they know dave from toronto.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:00 PM   #154
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
found it: https://www.google.ca/maps/search/pu.../data=!3m1!1e3

it looks like the entryway has been renovated a bit since i was there in 2012 (new concrete and posts) but that's definitely the run-down one i'm talking about. i remember the random marine corps recruiting station (which i found super weird) surrounded by shitty salons in the same strip mall, and wondering why we didn't go to the brand new target across the street instead.





shoulda asked if they know dave from toronto.


I had plenty of skepticism when you said I-95 between Jacksonville and Miami. You do realize that probably covers like, 150 Publix locations? Lol.


I didn't feel the Ned to ask. I just assumed they knew you.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #155
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,302
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
I had plenty of skepticism when you said I-95 between Jacksonville and Miami. You do realize that probably covers like, 150 Publix locations? Lol.
i do now

i knew for sure it was between st augustine (the first stop on the drive - my ex lost her shit when she saw those outlet malls ) and the exit to the turnpike in fort pierce because we took that the rest of the way, and i remembered the sketchy plaza well so it wasn't too hard to find.


Quote:
I didn't feel the Ned to ask. I just assumed they knew you.
oh it was ned? cool, i know that guy. yea he refuses to answer any questions until you feel him up, it's kinda how we met. strange dude.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:00 PM   #156
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i do now

i knew for sure it was between st augustine (the first stop on the drive - my ex lost her shit when she saw those outlet malls ) and the exit to the turnpike in fort pierce because we took that the rest of the way, and i remembered the sketchy plaza well so it wasn't too hard to find.




oh it was ned? cool, i know that guy. yea he refuses to answer any questions until you feel him up, it's kinda how we met. strange dude.


So, the majority of Florida's population lives as such:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5840.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	11354

Florida has like 800 of publix's 1100 locations. Most of Florida outside of the major city areas are truckstop towns just like the rest of the US lol.


Anyways, Ned is a pretty Canadian name so that worked out well. Though there was no feeling up
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 08:04 PM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,302
Local Time: 05:09 AM
pretty sure that map is actually the average age of the residents of those areas.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:19 AM   #158
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
pretty sure that map is actually the average age of the residents of those areas.


Yes genius. Boy I hope that was sarcasm.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 04:53 AM   #159
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:09 PM
I hate it when people ask if I know someone from New Zealand as though the country is 45 feet wide.

I don't get shitty and sarcastic when I'm asked, because I just know one day it'll go like this:

"Oh Ian, do you know this fellow from Queenstown?"

"No I've never been there. Fuck off we're not that small"

"Yeah but have you ever met him?" *holds up Facebook profile of the person*

"Fuck I went to school with him"
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #160
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 17,302
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Yes genius. Boy I hope that was sarcasm.
oh come on dude. you can't pull the "i met a canadian, i assume you know them lol" bit and then get bent out of shape over a florida old people joke.
__________________
DaveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #161
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,318
Local Time: 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I hate it when people ask if I know someone from New Zealand as though the country is 45 feet wide.

I don't get shitty and sarcastic when I'm asked, because I just know one day it'll go like this:

"Oh Ian, do you know this fellow from Queenstown?"

"No I've never been there. Fuck off we're not that small"

"Yeah but have you ever met him?" *holds up Facebook profile of the person*

"Fuck I went to school with him"
Do you know Oliver Wilson?
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 11:15 AM   #162
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Do you know Oliver Wilson?
Oh shit. We double teamed a sheep once.
__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:40 PM   #163
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
I hate it when people ask if I know someone from New Zealand as though the country is 45 feet wide.

I don't get shitty and sarcastic when I'm asked, because I just know one day it'll go like this:

"Oh Ian, do you know this fellow from Queenstown?"

"No I've never been there. Fuck off we're not that small"

"Yeah but have you ever met him?" *holds up Facebook profile of the person*

"Fuck I went to school with him"


Can you give me advice of where to visit during my 6 days in NZ? Queenstown was actually marked up on my list, aside from Auckland where I fly out of.

Also, do you know that one guy
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:42 PM   #164
ONE
love, blood, life
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Leicester, UK
Posts: 12,219
Local Time: 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
oh come on dude. you can't pull the "i met a canadian, i assume you know them lol" bit and then get bent out of shape over a florida old people joke.


Bruh, I didn't just meet a Canadian. I met two. From Toronto. Of course you know each other. It's not as ignorant as, say, assuming we are all old in Florida! I'm no old!

Anyways, no I just missed the word "age" and thought you said it was an average population map.
__________________
LuckyNumber7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #165
Blue Crack Supplier
 
coolian2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hamilton (No longer STD capital of NZ)
Posts: 42,920
Local Time: 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Can you give me advice of where to visit during my 6 days in NZ? Queenstown was actually marked up on my list, aside from Auckland where I fly out of.

Also, do you know that one guy
Six days? I could plan out six weeks. Queenstown for sure (never been there and shut it!)

Christchurch is cool as hell. I'll fly down and buy you a beer at Pomeroy's. Stay at Chester Street Backpackers and you can walk to damn near everything.

Don't go to Hobbiton.

Auckland is better than the rep it has.

I guess because Axver will knife me if I don't say it, Wellington is pretty fun. If nothing else (and we ignore my previous Hobbiton comment) Weta Workshop put on a great tour and Smaug at their airport is just too cool.

Going up north is incredible, but it takes too long for a six day trip. Cape Reinga and watching the Pacific Ocean and the Tasman Sea crash into each other is amazing. The walk to the lighthouse is a bitch, but you can trump Axver on something NZ related.

Otherwise happy to have a yarn and a drink at Auckland airport.

Also yeah, I know the guy. He's a bit of a prick.
__________________

__________________
coolian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com