Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how believeable are these Phoenix rumors?

Do people just want to believe them because U2 should play in Arizona for JT30, or are they actually true?

I noticed Coldplay are touring American stadiums in august and a few of them are the same as the ones u2 are doing. The GA is seated. But just having a quick look at the same stadium ones there's loads of tickets left all over the place, apart from maybe Miami.

Good looking. I haven't checked theirs out yet, but you're right. They have some struggling stops. Heres the map for the Santa Clara show that U2 sold out quite handily. They have tons left there, and they are using less of the stadium than U2 I believe.
Maybe U2 will still beat them for total gross of 2017 especially if our boys add a few more dates over seas.

mnsosHo.jpg

So how believeable are these Phoenix rumors?

Do people just want to believe them because U2 should play in Arizona for JT30, or are they actually true?

I haven't seen one Phoenix rumor from a credible source.

I happened to see something on twitter this morning, but I don't consider that person credible. It came off more as a "Look at me, i'm "breaking" something!". If it turns out happening, i'll chalk it up to blind luck and giving the person an opportunity to pat themself on the back.

I don't think they 'should' play Glendale (or Denver) because of nostalgia. It just makes sense because of the scheduling and the size of the markets.

Only about 700 tix available for Minneapolis. About 4500 left for San Diego. Both looking like sellouts by show day. Indy looking stronger now than a couple days ago.

I haven't seen one Phoenix rumor from a credible source.

I happened to see something on twitter this morning, but I don't consider that person credible. It came off more as a "Look at me, i'm "breaking" something!". If it turns out happening, i'll chalk it up to blind luck and giving the person an opportunity to pat themself on the back.

I don't think they 'should' play Glendale (or Denver) because of nostalgia. It just makes sense because of the scheduling and the size of the markets.

I don't have anything to add other than I hope they make it to Phoenix, would love to see them before (or after) I go see them in SD! Would be awesome!

Fingers crossed.

Not surprising but still awesome! How about Brazil? Chile is usually just a one nighter, but there seems to be room for a 2nd date.

Second Show In Brazil
Another show added to the South American leg of #U2TheJoshuaTree2017 - this time it's Sao Paulo after record ticket demand for the show on October 19th.

The additional show at Estadio Do Morumbi will take place on Saturday, October 21st and tickets will go on sale to the public next Thursday, June 22nd, at 00:01 (local time)

A presale for subscribers to U2.com will open this Saturday, June 17th from 10am and run until Sunday June 18th, 5pm. (All times local to venue.)

Good looking. I haven't checked theirs out yet, but you're right. They have some struggling stops. Heres the map for the Santa Clara show that U2 sold out quite handily. They have tons left there, and they are using less of the stadium than U2 I believe.

Maybe U2 will still beat them for total gross of 2017 especially if our boys add a few more dates over seas.

mnsosHo.jpg

Coldplay play 50 gigs this year,u2 49.so it's gonna be very close gross wise

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

Louisville crowd looks very good now. Floor sold out. Lower tiers really full hardly any seats left. Upper tiers practically full bar the last 5 rows of each block

Louisville crowd looks very good now. Floor sold out. Lower tiers really full hardly any seats left. Upper tiers practically full bar the last 5 rows of each block

If there's only a few rows left in the top of each section people will spread out to make themselves more comfortable, so it will appear pretty full. Good news!

Louisville crowd looks very good now. Floor
Louisville looked really good in person last night. There were a few empty seats in the very top rows of the upper deck, but it filled in very nicely. They must have sold a lot of tickets in the days right before the show. Nothing needed to be tarped off. Lowering the prices to $35 will do that.

Louisville looked really good in person last night. There were a few empty seats in the very top rows of the upper deck, but it filled in very nicely. They must have sold a lot of tickets in the days right before the show. Nothing needed to be tarped off. Lowering the prices to $35 will do that.
I think they were selling for as little as $15. But people were begging in front of stadium to buy tickets before show ? Apparently they didn't want the extreme nosebleed seats!

I think the Java wasn't working very well when I took that last Indy screenshot. Here it is as of today. Filling out pretty good - still does appear they haven't offered any in the sections closest to the stage:

VOiSlF6.jpg

I was just looking at some pics of the stage set and I'm wondering if this camera tower is going to be right in my sight line. I will be a little lower than this, but it looks like this would be about my angle from section 216/217 (I'm on the left edge of 217 as you face it)

palco-jt-vc.jpeg

Man, Louisville looked pretty full last night based on pictures I've seen.

Do we know what the most attended single show is yet? They don't distinguish between the 2x cities.

Presumably Rose Bowl 1.

This would be my guess too. I was there and not only were all of the seats packed, but pictures afterwards showed the GA stretching way the hell back to the end. The 2nd night GA was considerably less full. If I had to guess I'd say ~70-75k on night one.

So i have gotten myself a new debit card but i still got my old one. But now to the question, my magnetstrip on my old card is worn out and cant be swiped anymore and i need to show the card at both will call and my booked and paid for hotel in NYC. Hopefully it can be worked out anyway?

Also when the new card activated the old one isnt active anymore.

Last edited:
So i have gotten myself a new debit card but i still got my old one. But now to the question, my magnetstrip on my old card is worn out and cant be swiped anymore and i need to show the card at both will call and my booked and paid for hotel in NYC. Hopefully it can be worked out anyway?

Also when the new card activated the old one isnt active anymore.

Bring both the old and new card with you.
Info should be transferred to new card(assuming its same card number, just new expiration date), but be safe and bring old one too, even if strip is worn they can punch info in the old fashioned way.

Bring both the old and new card with you.
Info should be transferred to new card(assuming its same card number, just new expiration date), but be safe and bring old one too, even if strip is worn they can punch info in the old fashioned way.

It's a new card number and a its Mastercard Debit instead of Visa. But yes i will bring my old card of course. Same bank though and account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom