Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they smartened up a bit, only 4 lower sections in KC have $290 tix, 101, 102, 118 & 119. So you can get a decent reserved in section 120 or 136 for $165.00. Not sure if other shows are similar.

Looks like Buffalo is same. They must know those are lower demand shows.
Not the case in Minny, Indy & St. Louis.

So something got jacked with my code when my first order didn't go thru. Called u2.com and they straightened it out. Got my RZ tix for Mpls. Now I need a drink.

Someone on U2.com say they messed up the ticket limits for certain shows (2 as opposed to 4, etc.). Ugh... grab me a drink while you're at it LadySpinHead. :D

Per U2.com mod a few minutes ago...

all venues have ga left, just been told, but we still need to get to bottom of issues raised, keep posting, we will keep gathering

Broke the rules I actually set, and bought another code this morning on my work address and card - had a lot of gray hairs getting there but I managed to score the seats we wanted (as singles) for both myself and a pal for Mexico City!

Shit was fucked up, but got my San Diego GA.

Glad I was following along in the U2.com forum thread, so I saw when people were posting that it had been fixed. Phew.

I'm in Wires group, hoping to pick up some tickets for San Diego tomorrow.

Any opinions on RZ vs seats? I saw them at Rosebowl 1 and had great seats, but of course you're still pretty far from stage just due size of the venue.

Which do you think will be tougher to get, front row in lower sections or RZ?

Just curious, speculation welcome =)

Edit: Will be happy with anything, just trying to set the right expectation for myself.

This is the mpls map as of 10:38am cdt. Their site definitely has issues with Chrome on a pc, because I've got to the page and it's just blank and it takes a lot of messing around to get the page to fully load.

gyzVen3.jpg

For those of you that were involved with the Minneapolis presale, could you possibly tell me where the $165 (or about that price) sections are?

Thanks

Ok, a VERY rough estimate in my opinion for the full tour of all shows would be about 350 million bucks. I'm using 135 dollar avg. ticket price (I have no idea really) times an average attendance of 60,000 fans, times 44 shows. I'm not including Bonnaroo.
Top grossing tour of 2016 was 260 million.

Although a quick look at Coldplay's tour schedule, I think they may have it in the bag. they have 55 2017 dates, and they put up HUGE numbers in Asia and are pretty much selling out every show. So they could end up topping U2 for sure. If U2 ends up adding another 5 or 6 dates, it will be really close.

Thank you very very much, womanfish.

This must be the first tour since said Vertigo tour that Vertigo hasnt been played regularly?

During some stadium shows in Vertigo it was even played twice... :D

That was the easiest ticket buying for U2 I think I ever had. Got my 2 GAs for San Diego through the app at 10:00 just now. The regular website however kept saying nothing available. Thank the app!

Wish my experience was better for San Diego. :( At first my son's never used code would only allow vip and red zone, then it would only allow 2 tickets, and finally it just said the code was invalid. We finally ended up buying another membership for my wife and getting our 4 GAs that way. As I look now the code finally works but GAs are gone. Usually the presales are a breeze for me. First time I've had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom