Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if they went straight into JT, then some loud hits immediately after. MOTD isn't exactly festival material.

Well JT is only 50 minutes. That still gives them 40 to work with. SBS, NYD, Pride would eat up less than 15. Still time to squeeze 5 more tracks if they're not Miss Sarajevo-long.

I bought Zoo TV tickets as Dillards Box Office in the Tucson Mall. Heard on the radio that they were going on sale at like 2 am, so a group of friends in a dorm went down there. We got lottery numbers at 6, came back at 10 to purchase. We had a pretty good number, were on the field at Sun Devil Stadium (seats on the floor) in the 4th row of the 2nd section, center stage. The line was under a roof in the parking structure, and probably had 150 people in it. I miss Dillards Box Office and their $2.50 convenience charges. The $5 show was like $7.00 total, if I remember correctly.

Well JT is only 50 minutes. That still gives them 40 to work with. SBS, NYD, Pride would eat up less than 15. Still time to squeeze 5 more tracks if they're not Miss Sarajevo-long.

You can probably bet MS will be in the set. And all the Bono chit chat will easily eat up another 10-15 minutes throughout the show.

Especially if he goes into a tangent before One

I remember camping out in a mall for Zoo TV tickets. Literally was in a tent in a sporting goods store. While waiting, my friends Zach and Albert Clifford found a bag of cash. We were gonna buy as many tickets as we could and scalp them. Then found out two guys were chasing us trying to get the money back. Hilarity ensued.

I camped out in Madison WI for 3 days for ZOOTV outside Broadcast tickets. Second in line at the student union box office. The line at the stadium was about 500 people for 3 days as well. Crazy times. :D

What ticket vendor is being used for the Detroit show? It's not listed on Ticketmaster but every other new show is

You can probably bet MS will be in the set. And all the Bono chit chat will easily eat up another 10-15 minutes throughout the show.

Especially if he goes into a tangent before One

I'm not so sure about that, and go back to what Headache said:

I hope they pull something different out of their asses for Bonnaroo, but my guess is that they'll play it safe and then start loosening up with the setlist after that gig is done.

With Glastonbury's mixed reaction I'm sure they want to knock this one out of the park.

This isn't a crowd strictly there for U2 who are hanging on Bono's every word. They're a rowdier, more fickle bunch who have been at the festival all day. If the band is smart they'll agree to keep the "boring" banter to a minimum and focus on keeping the crowd entertained.

I'm not so sure about that, and go back to what Headache said:

This isn't a crowd strictly there for U2 who are hanging on Bono's every word. They're a rowdier, more fickle bunch who have been at the festival all day. If the band is smart they'll agree to keep the "boring" banter to a minimum and focus on keeping the crowd entertained.

So start the set with IALW???? ;)

I remember camping out in a mall for Zoo TV tickets. Literally was in a tent in a sporting goods store. While waiting, my friends Zach and Albert Clifford found a bag of cash. We were gonna buy as many tickets as we could and scalp them. Then found out two guys were chasing us trying to get the money back. Hilarity ensued.

I can't believe you guys put the cash in a shoebox and threw it at the bad guys. After all settled down at least you guys got front row tickets for the show.

Just came back from Mike McCready's NYC stop on his book tour. An audience member asked what he thought about their variable shows versus other bands with static setlists "like U2 who mail it in night after night." Some laughter, smattering of applause, more booing. A nerve had been touched. Mike was respectful and mentioned how they're different bands and U2 "plays to a grid" which struck me as a nice way of saying overly choreographed.

Just came back from Mike McCready's NYC stop on his book tour. An audience member asked what he thought about their variable shows versus other bands with static setlists "like U2 who mail it in night after night." Some laughter, smattering of applause, more booing. A nerve had been touched. Mike was respectful and mentioned how they're different bands and U2 "plays to a grid" which struck me as a nice way of saying overly choreographed.
Sorry​, I couldn't help myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom