Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people who visited Vancouver/Seattle: how is Bono's voice? I heard he didn't do the Pavarotti part in Miss Sarajevo. Hopefully his voice is ok this Tour?

I thought his voice sounded great in Vancouver - I was in the front row, section closest to the stage (Adam side of the stage) and thought the sounds was really good overall, especially considering I was at the side of the stage.

it brings joy to my heart that so many U2 fans can't tell the difference anymore between Bono and The Undertaker...

18381957_1315502921902018_5659578397072818176_n.jpg
eolv1L8ZdYrFVOcH4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

OK, I LOLd for real on this one. :lol::lol::lol::applaud::applaud::applaud:

I thought his voice sounded great in Vancouver - I was in the front row, section closest to the stage (Adam side of the stage) and thought the sounds was really good overall, especially considering I was at the side of the stage.

So did I. From the various mixlr streams he sounded really good. Check out the first boogleg of Vancouver and you might change your mind. No denying he did struggle in some places on Vancouver.

But Seattle on the other hand pretty much eclipses all of 2015 in my opinion. And interestingly enough, on the Pro Shot YouTube videos, Bono's vocals appear to be mixed lower, which is something i've been hoping for on this tour.

The way he is performing some of these songs, the likes of New Year's Day in a lower key, makes these kind of shows comfortable for him. He can push it when he wants and also reach when he wants.

The whole band are sounding so tight and it's a brilliant start to this tour!

Just realized Rose Bowl tickets say show starts at 6:30pm. FAQ on the venue's website says the U2 show has a hard stop time at 11pm.

Is this earlier than other shows? Because it seems like the band would be going on at 8:30 if Lumineers are at 6:30. U2 plays for 2+ hours and has the 30 minute buffer.

So did I. From the various mixlr streams he sounded really good. Check out the first boogleg of Vancouver and you might change your mind. No denying he did struggle in some places on Vancouver.

But Seattle on the other hand pretty much eclipses all of 2015 in my opinion. And interestingly enough, on the Pro Shot YouTube videos, Bono's vocals appear to be mixed lower, which is something i've been hoping for on this tour.

The way he is performing some of these songs, the likes of New Year's Day in a lower key, makes these kind of shows comfortable for him. He can push it when he wants and also reach when he wants.

The whole band are sounding so tight and it's a brilliant start to this tour!

I haven't listened to any bootlegs, and none will change my mind - I heard the show live so no need for me to over analyze it - to me Bono sounded great, especially considering his age, and how many shows over all these many years I've heard him sound not even half as good. Will be interesting to see how he sounds towards the end of the tour.

Hey, guys! The credit card I used to purchase GA tickets with is no longer active. Does the card have to still be active to be able to scan to get into the show, or should I transfer the tickets to my new credit card? Thanks! :hmm:

Hey, guys! The credit card I used to purchase GA tickets with is no longer active. Does the card have to still be active to be able to scan to get into the show, or should I transfer the tickets to my new credit card? Thanks! :hmm:

I might be really wrong but if it's the same bank account your new card should work? I think that's what happened for me during IE after i got a stolen card replaced.

Just realized Rose Bowl tickets say show starts at 6:30pm. FAQ on the venue's website says the U2 show has a hard stop time at 11pm.

Is this earlier than other shows? Because it seems like the band would be going on at 8:30 if Lumineers are at 6:30. U2 plays for 2+ hours and has the 30 minute buffer.

I've been wondering about this as well. Unless anyone knows of shows at the Rose Bowl actually starting earlier (such as on the 360 tour), my guess is that they still won't take the stage until 9pm, with the Lumineers playing from 7:15 to 8:15 or so.

A bunch of US shows say 6:30, the others say 7:00.

I've been wondering about this as well. Unless anyone knows of shows at the Rose Bowl actually starting earlier (such as on the 360 tour), my guess is that they still won't take the stage until 9pm, with the Lumineers playing from 7:15 to 8:15 or so.

Right but if the hard out is 11:00 that means they start paying extra.

And don't they usually play 10+ minutes over 2 hours?

They took the stage in Seattle a little before 9:00, I'd assume the same thing in Pasadena and any other places with hard curfews.

My buddy had this happen for a show on the i+e tour. He was able to swipe in with his expired card with no problem. They're just verifying that the card read matches the info used to purchase.

Ticketmaster can transfer the tickets to your new card with no problem as long as the name matches. Just be sure to document everything (and bring both cards) in case of problems at the gate.

For people that were there in person, how did the sound quality in Vancouver/Seattle compare to the I&E tour?

The I&E shows were insanely loud (which I liked); hoping this tour is just as loud!

For people that were there in person, how did the sound quality in Vancouver/Seattle compare to the I&E tour?

The I&E shows were insanely loud (which I liked); hoping this tour is just as loud!

Last 2 tours (IE & 360) sounded awesome. Hope JT sounds just as good!

They have blown past curfews before and paid the fine. I saw a report that they plan to do that tonight in Santa Clara, though I don't know how credible the report is. I guess we'll find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom