Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He sure is. Better second night than first which is understandable. There's a new persona for this tour too.

Have you not been to or seen any of the videos on YouTube?

Awesome to hear!

Holding off on any video and sound......I see them next week. Figured I can hold off one week. I spoiled myself with the selist.

Can't wait though :hyper:

Indeed... look at how bad ass be looks

hqdefault.jpg

Hmm, am I the only one seeing what sort of kind of looks like a tatoo on his neck in this picture?

Awesome to hear!

Holding off on any video and sound......I see them next week. Figured I can hold off one week. I spoiled myself with the selist.

Can't wait though :hyper:

You're in for a real treat, I can tell you that much. They are already playing so well. Enjoy it my friend! [emoji4]

Not sure where to put this for a lot of people to see, but if you are seeing the show in the US at a stadium used by the NFL, CHECK THEIR BAG POLICIES.

Most require a clear bag or a very small "wristlet" wallet (ladies will know what that is). The merch bags will not qualify.

A lot of people in Seattle were not aware of this. not sure what happened with them, but I gave an extra ziplock baggie to a woman who was (rightfully) worried about getting her medication inside. (Although I saw her inside and she still had her black mini-backpack.)

The only reason I saw the info was because I had "liked" the FB event page, and they posted a link to the stadium policies and event info.

Good to know. I would imagine the venue will have places to buy approved bags nearby.

Seattle had a booth outside to buy snacks, water and bags, as well as a locker for storage for those who had actual purses they couldn't bring in, which was nice.

Amazing they busted out I Will Follow last night, almost as if they felt bored with closing with Little Things...

Night 2 sounded terrific, MUCH better than Vancouver! Hoping Follow will stay in the setlist somewhere.

"Bored with closing with Little Things"? Doubtful. I think they were digging the energy of the crowd and tacked on one more treat to keep the energy going. It worked!

"Bored with closing with Little Things"? Doubtful. I think they were digging the energy of the crowd and tacked on one more treat to keep the energy going. It worked!

Only downside was leaving the crowd on such a high, IWF brought them back into their hand, shoulda closed with 40!

LOL, I see no downside of leaving the crowd on a high. 40 is the exception "slow" closer I like, but I would always take an energetic closer over a mellow one.

Only downside was leaving the crowd on such a high, IWF brought them back into their hand, shoulda closed with 40!

40 closing the 360 Tour in Moncton was awesome. 40 closing the IE leg in the US last year was awesome.

When I saw 40 close on Vertigo tour, it was a snooze. Give me Bad, Vertigo, I Will Follow etc. instead on a nightly basis, and leave 40 for the end of tour stuff.

Last edited:
I don't know who the Undertaker is, but now I SEE WHAT YOU DID HERE.

I was wondering why this shot looked like Bono had pulled back the awful eyeliner look.

I know it isn't always the most popular opinion to be super positive, but based on what I have seen these last two shows on the amazing, wonderful 21st century technology (hey, folks...if you are periscoping or youtubing, just turn down the brightness of your screen and make sure your flashlight isn't on spotlight mode? I really think all the furor about people having their phones out at concerts is because of the people who don't consider the experience of others and blind people with their screens or hold them up above their head in the line of sight), this is a really special show.

Shit...I thought it was pretty mind-blowing when ASOH was in the setlist around other warhorses. When I heard them start chiming Bad last night, I went a little crazy.

I have them on the 20th in the Rose Bowl (and the 21st if I can talk my wife, who is a fan but not a fanatic, into it) and I am just hoping to all hope that they don't move off of that, that a tepid response to the sing along in ASOH the first night didn't doom it as soon as the band finds a suitable replacement (like seeing how Bad fit). That little Wide Awake in Seattle moment would make the show for me if repeated in Pasadena.

I might be in the minority in being very into the rework of Red Hill...I like the RSD version OK, and enjoyed having a new way to listen to a favorite song, understanding Bono can't go after that chorus and survive a tour. But this rework in the 2 shows thus far has been really like a discovery of a new song. I knew I was never going to get the original RHMT, but I got a new version that I would have loved had it been on the album.

I am happy I am catching this tour early. I'd rather have some lyric flubs and some growing pains on the rare songs than catch them late when Bono is throatcoating to save the show and the songs become old hat. I'd rather catch them straining to play these new old tunes than be dialed in and not excited to play them.

I know it isn't always the most popular opinion to be super positive, but based on what I have seen these last two shows on the amazing, wonderful 21st century technology (hey, folks...if you are periscoping or youtubing, just turn down the brightness of your screen and make sure your flashlight isn't on spotlight mode? I really think all the furor about people having their phones out at concerts is because of the people who don't consider the experience of others and blind people with their screens or hold them up above their head in the line of sight), this is a really special show.

Shit...I thought it was pretty mind-blowing when ASOH was in the setlist around other warhorses. When I heard them start chiming Bad last night, I went a little crazy.

I have them on the 20th in the Rose Bowl (and the 21st if I can talk my wife, who is a fan but not a fanatic, into it) and I am just hoping to all hope that they don't move off of that, that a tepid response to the sing along in ASOH the first night didn't doom it as soon as the band finds a suitable replacement (like seeing how Bad fit). That little Wide Awake in Seattle moment would make the show for me if repeated in Pasadena.

I might be in the minority in being very into the rework of Red Hill...I like the RSD version OK, and enjoyed having a new way to listen to a favorite song, understanding Bono can't go after that chorus and survive a tour. But this rework in the 2 shows thus far has been really like a discovery of a new song. I knew I was never going to get the original RHMT, but I got a new version that I would have loved had it been on the album.

I am happy I am catching this tour early. I'd rather have some lyric flubs and some growing pains on the rare songs than catch them late when Bono is throatcoating to save the show and the songs become old hat. I'd rather catch them straining to play these new old tunes than be dialed in and not excited to play them.

See you at the Rose Bowl on Saturday! Agreed with your sentiments overall and particularly about ASOH and RHMT. We're in a very exciting place right now as they quickly shake off the rust. Fourth show is probably a great time to catch them!

And I said, It was an awesome way to start the show, because literally what else to do you say to Bono when he asks you IF HIS CONCERT WAS GOOD?

You say "Play something from Pop for christ's sake you fucking bell-end!"

"Sing the Pavarotti part!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom