Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question -- I'm browsing around StubHub for the Rose Bowl shows and they have several GA pit tix available for shipping via UPS. I thought these tickets were tied to the credit cards of the original buyer?

Would I be safe buying a pair of GA's off a site like this?

Thank you guys in advance.

The scalpers appear to have gotten around the CC entry rules the last couple of tours. They do this by buying the tickets using a prepaid debit card, & sending this, along with the tickets, to whomever purchases the tickets off them.

Is it safe? I don't know. I've never purchased a ticket off these sites, & will never purchase a ticket above face value, as it just encourages scalping, making the problem worse. I see plenty of GA's on stubhub for $600, ridiculous! I've never had a problem getting GA tickets at face value, close to show dates. Either by waiting for ticket drops, or buying from a forum member on here, u2start, or atu2. Plenty of genuine fans happy to help other fans out.

The scalpers appear to have gotten around the CC entry rules the last couple of tours. They do this by buying the tickets using a prepaid debit card, & sending this, along with the tickets, to whomever purchases the tickets off them.

Is it safe? I don't know. I've never purchased a ticket off these sites, & will never purchase a ticket above face value, as it just encourages scalping, making the problem worse. I see plenty of GA's on stubhub for $600, ridiculous! I've never had a problem getting GA tickets at face value, close to show dates. Either by waiting for ticket drops, or buying from a forum member on here, u2start, or atu2. Plenty of genuine fans happy to help other fans out.

Which shows are you going to this time, Dave? Any in Europe? I hope we see each other at some point, Anaheim and Rose Bowl were awesome.

Yes they were :applaud: No shows for me this tour! :sad: Would have really loved to see the older stuff played. This will be the first tour I've missed since my first show, Sydney ZooTV.

If they started in Europe I probably would have hung around, but couldn't stay til July. Back in Oz now until November. How about you? Berlin, or heading further afield?

Last edited:
Yes they were :applaud: No shows for me this tour! :sad: Would have really loved to see the older stuff played. This will be the first tour I've missed since my first show, Sydney ZooTV.

If they started in Europe I probably would have hung around, but couldn't stay til July. Back in Oz now until November. How about you? Berlin, or heading further afield?

I was hoping you'd be in Europe this time again too. Hopefully with SOE!

I'm doing Berlin, Amsterdam 1+2, and Brussels. Excited for all since they're stadium, but it means being there super early to get a good spot as there's no catwalk or anything this time round :crack:

Cool, tonnes of shows for you! Hoping the boys aren't doing SOE in oz while I'm in Europe . Yeah, not a giant catwalk. The b-stage looks nice & big though. Plus it's not too far from there to the main stage, & will have good views of the screen too.

Last edited:
Quick question -- I'm browsing around StubHub for the Rose Bowl shows and they have several GA pit tix available for shipping via UPS. I thought these tickets were tied to the credit cards of the original buyer?

Would I be safe buying a pair of GA's off a site like this?

Thank you guys in advance.

Just wait. There will be ticket drops (just like Seattle now) and if you are persistent in checking you'll get them.

Seems like there are still tickets for the 2 NYC thats not resale on ticketmaster. But are the lower bowl seats really priced at $280? Thats an awful lot imo, even the nosebleeds are priced at like $100...

Give me ticketdrops for GA, atleast those are reasonably priced!

Boston vs NYC.

If you are only gonna go to the show in one of the cities. What stadium offers the best experience all around, when it comes to seating, how "cool" the stadium is etc? And what stadium is the easiest to get to?

Gilette stadium is sold out and only offers resale tickets as well where Metlife has standard face value tickets for sale, for both 28th and 29th. So might just be cheaper and easier to just skip the show in Boston and aim just for NYC if there are no GA drops in Boston.

Boston vs NYC.

If you are only gonna go to the show in one of the cities. What stadium offers the best experience all around, when it comes to seating, how "cool" the stadium is etc? And what stadium is the easiest to get to?

Gilette stadium is sold out and only offers resale tickets as well where Metlife has standard face value tickets for sale, for both 28th and 29th. So might just be cheaper and easier to just skip the show in Boston and aim just for NYC if there are no GA drops in Boston.
This isn't a "NYC is better than Boston errrmagod" thing... but I'd say MetLife and here's why.

First, neither stadium is in Boston or NYC. Both are in surrounding suburbs. I actually think Gillette is the nicer stadium... but getting in and out of that piece is an absolute nightmare. Not that getting in and out of MetLife is a walk in the park, but compared to Gillette is night and day.

This isn't a "NYC is better than Boston errrmagod" thing... but I'd say MetLife and here's why.

First, neither stadium is in Boston or NYC. Both are in surrounding suburbs. I actually think Gillette is the nicer stadium... but getting in and out of that piece is an absolute nightmare. Not that getting in and out of MetLife is a walk in the park, but compared to Gillette is night and day.

Yeah i knew that Gilette is in Foxborough and that Metlife is in East Rutherford :) I watch alot of NFL so.. :)

Too bad i hate both teams that plays in those stadiums ;) (Cowboys fan here so come at me! ;) )

Agree with Headache.

It's much easier to get in and out of MetLife. Route 1 is a disaster in Foxboro at the end of a Pats game, and it's even worse for concerts. I suggest parking further up on Rt. 1 and walking to the stadium 1-2 miles to make it easier on yourself if you end up going to Foxboro.

I am going to Gillette and would have to concur that Metlife may be preferable only in terms of ease of accessibility. Gillette is a nightmare to get in and out of traffic wise.

Gillette has a couple of restaurants and stores outside the stadium, which is nice... MetLife doesn't have anything. The stadiums themselves... The layout in Gillette is a little more unique than the cookie cutter MetLife, but a stadium is a stadium and both have seats, clubs and beer.

Both have mass transit, although MetLife has more options and I believe is a quicker ride (it's about 30 minutes by train from Penn Station, and only 30 minutes because you have to transfer at Secaucus). When they first installed the train line into the Meadowlands the first major gig they had ironically enough was 360, and they were not prepared for the sheer number of people taking the train over driving. They've smoothed things out considerably since then... I took the train to Springsteen last August and was seat to bed in about an hour.

A shortcut for the train is to take it from Hoboken rather than Penn Station... as you won't have to transfer at Secaucus. This is an especially great option if you don't need to get back to midtown.

Getting out of MetLife by car isn't fun, but barring any major traffic incident it's no worse than any other stadium.

Gillette is an unmitigated disaster getting out by car. There is one main road in and out and the nearest highways are miles away. If you do choose Gillette, just be prepared to tailgate post concert as you won't be going anywhere for quite a while (talking at least an hour here, if not two).

Last edited:
I asked in the venue thread, but seems more likely to get an answer here. Does anyone have any experience taking the train from Boston to Gillette? How long do they run after the concert? We have hotel reservations in Boston and Foxborough, but it might be worse trying to get back to Boston the next day rather than after the concert. Do trains run back and forth to Gillette every day?

Trains to Gillette are only on days of games/concerts, its not a regular commuter rail stop. So you'd have to either get the train back to Boston the night of the show, or if you stay in Foxboro the next day take a cab/Uber to the nearest normal commuter rail station. (which I'd guess is Walpole)

Gillette has a couple of restaurants and stores outside the stadium, which is nice... MetLife doesn't have anything. The stadiums themselves... The layout in Gillette is a little more unique than the cookie cutter MetLife, but a stadium is a stadium and both have seats, clubs and beer.

).
This is something else to consider
If you go to Gillette, the stadium is surrounded by Patriot Place, an outdoor mall area with a bunch of shops, some restaurants etc, which could fill up some time before the show.
Patriot Place | Boston | Foxborough | Movie Theater | Restaurants

Trains to Gillette are only on days of games/concerts, its not a regular commuter rail stop. So you'd have to either get the train back to Boston the night of the show, or if you stay in Foxboro the next day take a cab/Uber to the nearest normal commuter rail station. (which I'd guess is Walpole)

Okay, thanks!

Both have mass transit, although MetLife has more options and I believe is a quicker ride (it's about 30 minutes by train from Penn Station, and only 30 minutes because you have to transfer at Secaucus). When they first installed the train line into the Meadowlands the first major gig they had ironically enough was 360, and they were not prepared for the sheer number of people taking the train over driving. They've smoothed things out considerably since then... I took the train to Springsteen last August and was seat to bed in about an hour.

A shortcut for the train is to take it from Hoboken rather than Penn Station... as you won't have to transfer at Secaucus. This is an especially great option if you don't need to get back to midtown.

Getting out of MetLife by car isn't fun, but barring any major traffic incident it's no worse than any other stadium.

Gillette is an unmitigated disaster getting out by car. There is one main road in and out and the nearest highways are miles away. If you do choose Gillette, just be prepared to tailgate post concert as you won't be going anywhere for quite a while (talking at least an hour here, if not two).

Think i will skip Gilette then since i am coming via Sweden and will go around by mass transit. Subway, trains etc. Just need more research about those Hoboken stops and so on, i kind off know where Penn Station is after my last trip to NYC in 2015. :)

My hotel is kinda in China town close to Manhattan Bridge. Called Leon Hotel.

edit: How do i get from Manhattan to Hoboken the easiest way? Subways doesnt run to NJ.

Last edited:
Okay, I finally bought a GA for Louisville yesterday.
That makes 7 shows on this tour!

Think i will skip Gilette then since i am coming via Sweden and will go around by mass transit. Subway, trains etc. Just need more research about those Hoboken stops and so on, i kind off know where Penn Station is after my last trip to NYC in 2015. :)

My hotel is kinda in China town close to Manhattan Bridge. Called Leon Hotel.

edit: How do i get from Manhattan to Hoboken the easiest way? Subways doesnt run to NJ.
Oh but it does... Just not the one you're​ thinking of.

PATH-System-Route-Maps-122216-sm.jpg

http://www.panynj.gov/path/

Ideally you'd get there before 11 and take the PATH from Hoboken to WTC, as that's closer to Chinatown. But that timing is unlikely. So best bet is to hop one stop to Christopher Street and grab a cab.

Last edited:
I'd prefer GA obviously but dont wanna risk missing out either. If im gonna shell out 280 bucks. What of these seats are the best? This is at Metlife.

wA1zX2g.png

I caved and got the 111A row 19 tickets. Seems to be a great view on the stage from that section.

If this picture is anything to go on its a pretty great view from that section even if this pic is taken from 11 rows higher up. MetLife Stadium, section 111A, row 30, seat 5 - One Direction tour: On The Road Again Tour, shared by rominav

Ordered will call, so i guess you get the ticket at the venue then after showing ID?

Now hoping for a GA ticket drop for 28th, then i can go to both. Cant justify spending $600+ on seats. :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom