Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi gang,

I ordered tickets to both London shows, but due to a change in circumstances, and the fact I'm travelling from Australia, I need to find out some more information about when I will receive these tickets. Does anyone have some further insight?

UK tickets tend to get issued quite late, ( 7- 10 days before the show) so depending on when you're flying you might want to consider collecting at box office.

Hi gang,

I ordered tickets to both London shows, but due to a change in circumstances, and the fact I'm travelling from Australia, I need to find out some more information about when I will receive these tickets. Does anyone have some further insight?
Couldn't you switch to a mobile, print at home or will call pickup option?

Is there no mobile option for the tickets?

I know it's venue-specific in some places (some take it and some don't), so it might help to double check with them anyway.

The original implication of what I quoted was that we shouldn't be happy about U2 playing a rare/deep/whatever label you want to use song because they could be playing a rarer song, and that to 'accept' this means that you'd equally happily attend a show with Elevation played 20 times and Womanfish x2 as the encore.

If somebody saw RTSS a bunch back in 2005 (12 YEARS ago) and is having nightmare flashbacks all these years later, or is complaining that there are rarer songs that should be played, I can't help them. The rest of us will enjoy it rather than getting our calculators out and doing some statistical analysis on the GA floor.

Oh, I pretty much agree. I was sort of being sarcastic with what I was saying anyway. :D

Elevation,

Now that is one number that needs to be rested. Would much rather see that one played Sporadically over the course of future tours but knowing them it'll follow or just come before I Will Follow in the first 30 minutes of each and every JT show.

The weird thing is that Elevation actually did get a significant break at the I&E shows in 2015. It wasn't played at all early on and didn't even get played at half of the shows. I got at 2 of the 3 shows I saw, but with the audience reaction, you can see why they play it.

Time to start watching closely for ticket drops. Still have some local friends I'm trying to help out.

Time to start watching closely for ticket drops. Still have some local friends I'm trying to help out.

I'm desperate for ticket drops, but my show isn't until a month after the tour starts. I hope that once they set up the stage in Vancouver, they'll release some GAs.

DC isn't until the end of the leg, so I will go in knowing lots of spoilers :D

Don't mind. GA in a stadium is going to be an experience like no other.

I was being sarcastic. Elevation is long overdue for a rest plain and simple. There are much better songs they can play on the JT tour

they are playing big stadiums that will be chock full of casual fans and nostalgia hounds. Of course they will play the big popular hits like Elevation, Vertigo, BD, MW, Pride, etc etc etc

So here we are, a little under a month before the tour kicks off. Curious, I checked again on remaining tickets in the trouble spots.

The only change since a month ago is that I do have hope that Tampa will get there:

Tampa: 1667
Houston: 2646
Louisville: 3245 (not including ground - which could make it around 5245)

Pittsburgh: why bother?

Walked by BC Place in Vancouver last night and there is no sign of life yet. No trucks and the center field scoreboard inside is at "half mast".

Heard a whisper of next week, but they do need several days set up before the band can let rip.

My evenings are open so I can repeat what I did in 2005 and 2015.

Walked by BC Place in Vancouver last night and there is no sign of life yet. No trucks and the center field scoreboard inside is at "half mast".

Heard a whisper of next week, but they do need several days set up before the band can let rip.

Very grateful Peter. We don't take your time and effort for granted.

If U2 can keep rehearsing near you before every tour I will be very happy.

I would go too to hear the rehearsals like I did when they rehearsed for the I&E tour in Vancouver but I am so damn incredibly busy with work and having to find a new place to live before the end of June and life in general that I don't think I'll be able to go any time :( I am super excited to see them on night one though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom