Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But...if they played Pop all the time, no one would want them to play it.

It's better to have something to hold out for...

To be fair, if I'd run into Bono and he'd asked me about the show, I would have said "... show? Was there a show? I can't even think of my name right now, to be honest. HI YOU ARE THE BEST OMG WOW HI."

And then Bono would NOPE right on outta there.

Having talked to Bono twice before (after a Popmart show and before an Elevation show) I'd like to believe I would be able to keep my composure if it happened again.

Topics in order of priority:

1. Release the original studio Mercy and make it official
2. Play Acrobat
3. Stop shaming Pop
4. Give Reach Around a chance

"Here let me see those glasses?"

*take glasses, throw them on ground, and stomp

"Now how many more of these do you have?

So let's talk about the tour."

Having talked to Bono twice before (after a Popmart show and before an Elevation show) I'd like to believe I would be able to keep my composure if it happened again.

Topics in order of priority:

4. Give Reach Around a chance

What if he said "I did with Adam last night". :ohmy:

I thought I saw Neil at the soundboard, and posted it on Twitter, only to have him.reply and say it wasn't him. But then he said later "I'm here now, though."

#CoolStoryCori

Is Anton Corbijn super tall? He may have been who I initially saw.

Anton Corbijn has considerably less hair, if that helps jog your memory:

9t2CAtrM.jpg

843b8ac56112b99b8663993d0e253233.jpg

To the people who visited Vancouver/Seattle: how is Bono's voice? I heard he didn't do the Pavarotti part in Miss Sarajevo. Hopefully his voice is ok this Tour?

To the people who visited Vancouver/Seattle: how is Bono's voice? I heard he didn't do the Pavarotti part in Miss Sarajevo. Hopefully his voice is ok this Tour?

I think it's a pretty uniform opinion, that Bono only just goes through the motions on a lot of the songs. Not that we should be complaining.

So.. instead of a micro-'Baby' Bieber snippet during UV, they showed Lena Dunham as one of the faces..? Where do I put in my forms to sign out?
aka Bieber's career, SHATTERED. Couldn't even get an acknowledgement at iHeartRadio..

Right about 11, I think? I think they went on just before 9, if I recall correctly.

Yep, it was before 9pm local. Here in Melbourne I ducked out of my office briefly to buy afternoon tea and got back at about 7 minutes to the hour, and the band were already playing the first song.

I thought Bono's voice sounded very good--especially considering he was singing outside in rather cold air for mid-May (winter and spring have been pretty dismal in the NW this year). There are some higher registers he can't reach anymore so they've definitely accomodated that. I do agree with most about "Miss Sarajevo"--it's a bit weird to have piped Pavarotti vocals. It's a lovely song, and the images of the Syrian refugees in the camp make for a very emotional moment. Overall, I was very pleased musically with the show. Loved that we got "Bad" (which I haven't had a chance to see live in several years), and that we got "I Will Follow" as the final song in the encore.

I did feel that the band overall weren't engaged with the audience nearly as much as usually, and I did miss that. Ever since I saw U2 on the "War" tour way back when, I've always thought they were one of the few bands who really took the audience with them on the journey. This time, I really felt I was being played and talked at as opposed to played and talked to during the show.

I thought Bono's voice sounded very good--especially considering he was singing outside in rather cold air for mid-May (winter and spring have been pretty dismal in the NW this year). There are some higher registers he can't reach anymore so they've definitely accomodated that. I do agree with most about "Miss Sarajevo"--it's a bit weird to have piped Pavarotti vocals. It's a lovely song, and the images of the Syrian refugees in the camp make for a very emotional moment. Overall, I was very pleased musically with the show. Loved that we got "Bad" (which I haven't had a chance to see live in several years), and that we got "I Will Follow" as the final song in the encore.

I did feel that the band overall weren't engaged with the audience nearly as much as usually, and I did miss that. Ever since I saw U2 on the "War" tour way back when, I've always thought they were one of the few bands who really took the audience with them on the journey. This time, I really felt I was being played and talked at as opposed to played and talked to during the show.

I would imagine during parts of the Joshua Tree and ASOH, they are holding on for dear life early on. You can rehearse for a year, but playing songs you haven't played live, or new arrangements? They always were a band on a piece of thread that could snap and go shambles at any minute. I imagine that string is tighter for this run...at least early on.

McCormick looks like a cross between Bill Nelson out of Be Bop Deluxe and Richard Kiel. :huh: in that picture at least haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom