Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #121
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:48 AM
Quick question -- I'm browsing around StubHub for the Rose Bowl shows and they have several GA pit tix available for shipping via UPS. I thought these tickets were tied to the credit cards of the original buyer?

Would I be safe buying a pair of GA's off a site like this?

Thank you guys in advance.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:21 AM   #122
War Child

The scalpers appear to have gotten around the CC entry rules the last couple of tours. They do this by buying the tickets using a prepaid debit card, & sending this, along with the tickets, to whomever purchases the tickets off them.

Is it safe? I don't know. I've never purchased a ticket off these sites, & will never purchase a ticket above face value, as it just encourages scalping, making the problem worse. I see plenty of GA's on stubhub for $600, ridiculous! I've never had a problem getting GA tickets at face value, close to show dates. Either by waiting for ticket drops, or buying from a forum member on here, u2start, or atu2. Plenty of genuine fans happy to help other fans out.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:41 AM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
The scalpers appear to have gotten around the CC entry rules the last couple of tours. They do this by buying the tickets using a prepaid debit card, & sending this, along with the tickets, to whomever purchases the tickets off them.

Is it safe? I don't know. I've never purchased a ticket off these sites, & will never purchase a ticket above face value, as it just encourages scalping, making the problem worse. I see plenty of GA's on stubhub for $600, ridiculous! I've never had a problem getting GA tickets at face value, close to show dates. Either by waiting for ticket drops, or buying from a forum member on here, u2start, or atu2. Plenty of genuine fans happy to help other fans out.
Which shows are you going to this time, Dave? Any in Europe? I hope we see each other at some point, Anaheim and Rose Bowl were awesome.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:20 AM   #124
War Child

Yes they were No shows for me this tour! Would have really loved to see the older stuff played. This will be the first tour I've missed since my first show, Sydney ZooTV.

If they started in Europe I probably would have hung around, but couldn't stay til July. Back in Oz now until November. How about you? Berlin, or heading further afield?
Old 04-26-2017, 05:51 AM   #125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.darroch View Post
Yes they were No shows for me this tour! Would have really loved to see the older stuff played. This will be the first tour I've missed since my first show, Sydney ZooTV.

If they started in Europe I probably would have hung around, but couldn't stay til July. Back in Oz now until November. How about you? Berlin, or heading further afield?
I was hoping you'd be in Europe this time again too. Hopefully with SOE!

I'm doing Berlin, Amsterdam 1+2, and Brussels. Excited for all since they're stadium, but it means being there super early to get a good spot as there's no catwalk or anything this time round
Old 04-26-2017, 08:25 AM   #126
War Child

Cool, tonnes of shows for you! Hoping the boys aren't doing SOE in oz while I'm in Europe . Yeah, not a giant catwalk. The b-stage looks nice & big though. Plus it's not too far from there to the main stage, & will have good views of the screen too.
Old 04-28-2017, 11:50 PM   #127
Babyface

Vancouver friend spotted Bono at Kits beach this morning. Stay positive!
Old 04-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #128
U2C
War Child

when are some new pictures
Old 04-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #129
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2C View Post
when are some new pictures
May 12th
Old 04-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #130
War Child

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by danondorf View Post
Quick question -- I'm browsing around StubHub for the Rose Bowl shows and they have several GA pit tix available for shipping via UPS. I thought these tickets were tied to the credit cards of the original buyer?

Would I be safe buying a pair of GA's off a site like this?

Thank you guys in advance.
Just wait. There will be ticket drops (just like Seattle now) and if you are persistent in checking you'll get them.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:12 PM   #131
War Child

Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extra15 View Post
I'd love to see some RH throwbacks. God Part II / Hawkmoon
Old 05-08-2017, 02:14 AM   #132
Acrobat

Seems like there are still tickets for the 2 NYC thats not resale on ticketmaster. But are the lower bowl seats really priced at $280? Thats an awful lot imo, even the nosebleeds are priced at like $100...

Give me ticketdrops for GA, atleast those are reasonably priced!
Old 05-08-2017, 06:33 AM   #133
Blue Crack Distributor

There have been a few seats available for the second show for a while. If there are now a few for show one as well, then that's definitely a drop
Old 05-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #134
Acrobat

Boston vs NYC.

If you are only gonna go to the show in one of the cities. What stadium offers the best experience all around, when it comes to seating, how "cool" the stadium is etc? And what stadium is the easiest to get to?

Gilette stadium is sold out and only offers resale tickets as well where Metlife has standard face value tickets for sale, for both 28th and 29th. So might just be cheaper and easier to just skip the show in Boston and aim just for NYC if there are no GA drops in Boston.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:40 AM   #135
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinski View Post
Boston vs NYC.

If you are only gonna go to the show in one of the cities. What stadium offers the best experience all around, when it comes to seating, how "cool" the stadium is etc? And what stadium is the easiest to get to?

Gilette stadium is sold out and only offers resale tickets as well where Metlife has standard face value tickets for sale, for both 28th and 29th. So might just be cheaper and easier to just skip the show in Boston and aim just for NYC if there are no GA drops in Boston.
This isn't a "NYC is better than Boston errrmagod" thing... but I'd say MetLife and here's why.

First, neither stadium is in Boston or NYC. Both are in surrounding suburbs. I actually think Gillette is the nicer stadium... but getting in and out of that piece is an absolute nightmare. Not that getting in and out of MetLife is a walk in the park, but compared to Gillette is night and day.