Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 11:37 PM   #76
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:13 PM
It won't be a true Joshua Tree Tour if it is not preceded by a drunk live performance of Womanfish on an Irish TV show.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-11-2017, 11:41 PM   #77
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCowley View Post
Heck they likely consider RTSS a deep cut.
47 plays in 23 years isn't exactly a high number.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:44 AM   #78
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:13 PM
Oh come on now, we don't do facts in here.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:07 AM   #79
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Oh come on now, we don't do facts in here.
That's a fact!
Old 04-12-2017, 08:12 AM   #80
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

Damn.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 AM   #81
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:13 PM
I think the deepest non JT cut we see is Sweetest Thing. In other words, we're not getting any deep cuts.

Would I be shocked if they played a song off Rattle and Hum that hasn't been played much? Or something like A Sort of Homecoming? Nah, it wouldn't shock me. But I'm not betting on it, either.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:18 PM   #82
Babyface

Local Time: 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post
Very interested to see if we get any rehearsal leaks.... I'd love a couple of NLOH deep cuts...

Ya I am hoping for Stand Up Comedy too but as long as they play Elevation I will be happy
Old 04-12-2017, 01:38 PM   #83
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
47 plays in 23 years isn't exactly a high number.
But it's not a "deep cut" or "rarity" if someone on here has seen it live.

... or something like that. I forget what the exact definition was when we had this discussion awhile ago .
Old 04-12-2017, 04:34 PM   #84
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
I think the deepest non JT cut we see is Sweetest Thing. In other words, we're not getting any deep cuts.

Would I be shocked if they played a song off Rattle and Hum that hasn't been played much? Or something like A Sort of Homecoming? Nah, it wouldn't shock me. But I'm not betting on it, either.
I've got no facts, but what I remember is thinking that for just about every tour since Elevation they've grabbed 1 or 2 songs that I consider deep or rare and played them.

What comes to mind now is Into the Heart / Electric Co maybe on the the Vertigo Tour?? That was fun... hope they do something like that again.
Old 04-12-2017, 04:38 PM   #85
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWU2Buffs View Post
I've got no facts, but what I remember is thinking that for just about every tour since Elevation they've grabbed 1 or 2 songs that I consider deep or rare and played them.

What comes to mind now is Into the Heart / Electric Co maybe on the the Vertigo Tour?? That was fun... hope they do something like that again.
I get that... but they're learning a whole shit load of rare songs just for the Joshua Tree portion of the show.

I don't discount the chances of something that hasn't been played in a while being played, and I'd that a strong look at the Joshua Tree tour setlists to try and figure out what - but I think there's a difference between "rare" and "deep cuts."

A Sort of Homecoming is rare. Twilight is a deep cut.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:59 PM   #86
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
But it's not a "deep cut" or "rarity" if someone on here has seen it live.

... or something like that. I forget what the exact definition was when we had this discussion awhile ago .
The original implication of what I quoted was that we shouldn't be happy about U2 playing a rare/deep/whatever label you want to use song because they could be playing a rarer song, and that to 'accept' this means that you'd equally happily attend a show with Elevation played 20 times and Womanfish x2 as the encore.

If somebody saw RTSS a bunch back in 2005 (12 YEARS ago) and is having nightmare flashbacks all these years later, or is complaining that there are rarer songs that should be played, I can't help them. The rest of us will enjoy it rather than getting our calculators out and doing some statistical analysis on the GA floor.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #87
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWU2Buffs View Post

Talking of the Boy album, Out of Control is incredible live, it has that power that no other U2 song has in my opinion. They performed it great in the I+E tour.

It be great to see Out of Control become a regular over summer, if they do intend to start with energy and lead up to TJT then I don't think Out Of Control is that far l fetched, what a song it is!
Old 04-12-2017, 10:21 PM   #88
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Vader View Post
Ya I am hoping for Stand Up Comedy too but as long as they play Elevation I will be happy

Elevation,

Now that is one number that needs to be rested. Would much rather see that one played Sporadically over the course of future tours but knowing them it'll follow or just come before I Will Follow in the first 30 minutes of each and every JT show.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:02 AM   #89
The Fly

Local Time: 10:13 AM
Hi gang,

I ordered tickets to both London shows, but due to a change in circumstances, and the fact I'm travelling from Australia, I need to find out some more information about when I will receive these tickets. Does anyone have some further insight?
Old 04-14-2017, 02:53 AM   #90
Babyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgemccauley View Post
Elevation,

Now that is one number that needs to be rested. Would much rather see that one played Sporadically over the course of future tours but knowing them it'll follow or just come before I Will Follow in the first 30 minutes of each and every JT show.

I was being sarcastic. Elevation is long overdue for a rest plain and simple. There are much better songs they can play on the JT tour