Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and look how that turned out. they could not even figure out how to get the opener on film.

That was such a dumbass move... still irritates me 7 years after its release. I have watched that DVD maybe three times. I watched Zoo tv Sydney and Popmart Mexico hundreds of times in high school.

When full, there is no room to maneuver the concourse, the toilets have problems, and the men's toilets are troughs, which suck for all kinds of reasons, the most notable being the inevitable stage fright that overtakes 25% of group pissers. What seemed to be a quicker way becomes so much slower...give a man a urinal and a splash wall that serves as a barrier to the next guy, and you move people through quicker.

Flag on the play. If you have stage fright you don't really need to go. I have epic stage fright but when the need becomes urgent, I've gone in the hedges while speaking face to face with the girlfriend du jour.

and look how that turned out. they could not even figure out how to get the opener on film.

Its absence on the proper DVD setlist may have had more to do with the fact that they decided to drop the song completely from the next leg of the tour. If it was that bad it wouldn't have even been included as a bonus feature.

Flag on the play. If you have stage fright you don't really need to go. I have epic stage fright but when the need becomes urgent, I've gone in the hedges while speaking face to face with the girlfriend du jour.

agree, related to my own functions.

But that period when a guy fails and is humiliated is one more slot of time someone else (me) could have gone.

2de2dccde3fe33915a022afb16b34367.gif

I don't know how to post a gif! :doh:

You have to post it on a hosting site like giphy or Photobucket, and then use the img tags here to post the direct URL to the image.

Its absence on the proper DVD setlist may have had more to do with the fact that they decided to drop the song completely from the next leg of the tour. If it was that bad it wouldn't have even been included as a bonus feature.

could be, I don't know if we ever got a proper explanation for it. It was very annoying as I was at that show and would have loved to see it make the video.

I recall watching the Breathe bonus feature exactly once and the video was completely garbled so I assume they omitted it for that reason... i.e. they were trying to do something innovative with the production on the intro and it failed, or they just flubbed it for whatever reason. But I don't know why they would exclude it just because they later decided to remove it from the next leg.

could be, I don't know if we ever got a proper explanation for it. It was very annoying as I was at that show and would have loved to see it make the video.

I recall watching the Breathe bonus feature exactly once and the video was completely garbled so I assume they omitted it for that reason... i.e. they were trying to do something innovative with the production on the intro and it failed, or they just flubbed it for whatever reason. But I don't know why they would exclude it just because they later decided to remove it from the next leg.

Never thought it was because of the future tour legs myself. I just thought it had to do with the song not fitting or coming across awkwardly for whatever reason on the DVD... at least in the eyes of the producers or band anyway. It's definitely not the first time U2 or other bands have done that, and whenever a song doesn't make it, I just chalk it up to something similar.

I would be surprised if MW stayed in the setlist. Yesterday was The Edge & morleigh's wedding anniversary. If I recall she was the original belly Dancer during the Zoo Tv Tour

Doubt it. The anniversary wasn't mentioned at all yesterday and the band have never dug out a song for an anniversary before (once-off or otherwise). THBAO is actually about Bono's marriage and the only time it was done at one of the four shows on Bono's anniversary is because it was a fixture in the War Tour setlist.

(I only know that stat because somebody told me Bono's anniversary yesterday. It still comes across to me as a bit crazy that people know the band members' anniversaries.)

doubt it

MW was a one-night special. But I wouldn't be surprised to see it show up at night 2 in NY, London, etc.

I'm willing to bet it's the other way around: UV just got ASOH'd. MW most nights, UV on second nights.

But this is almost certainly the last one, right? Where could they reasonably go after San Diego and before Mexico City? Denver? San Antonio/Austin? All the way back to Atlanta?

Definitely heaps of space between San Diego and Mexico City to add shows. And they're already doing Kansas City --> New Orleans --> St Louis rather than just the short trip across Missouri so it doesn't seem they're averse to hauling the stage across a large chunk of the continent.

Anniversaries is an odd one to know. I only know Bono's birthday because I saw it once, and went "Huh, same day of the month as my mum".

I guess if you happen to find out and it matches with a significant date of your own.....

now i know bono's birthday and your mom's.
i only know bono's because it was the day after i saw them in tempe during the 97 tour. not sure how that's stuck with me for the last 20 years.

i know larry's because it's on halloween.

now i know bono's birthday and your mom's.
i only know bono's because it was the day after i saw them in tempe during the 97 tour. not sure how that's stuck with me for the last 20 years.

My mum's probably won't be much use - today happens to be the fourth anniversary of her death :lol:

(Also on this day last year the Cavs won game seven and I met someone who swiped right on Tinder #facts)

Which one's Halloween again?

I was at a show on his birthday in 97.
I remember there being cake for his birthday and I remember seemingly about a dozen people invited up on stage to dance.

I know Bono's and Larry's birthdays due to bootlegs I like that had "birthday" in the title.

Bono's was a show from ZooTV, Larry's from Elevation.

My mum's probably won't be much use - today happens to be the fourth anniversary of her death :lol:

Oh man. I am so sorry for your loss, even 4 years later.

I was at a show on his birthday in 97.
I remember there being cake for his birthday and I remember seemingly about a dozen people invited up on stage to dance.

shut. the. front. door. i was at that show too.

now that i think about it, i thought you looked familiar.

/pours one out for the silverdome

I remember Bono's birthday is May 10th because I was there for his 41st birthday party in Indianapolis in 2001. I remember choosing that one because I figured they'd do something special for his birthday... they did not.

Here I was feeling like a geezer because I'm now older than U2 were when they made the Joshua Tree.

RE: Birthdays, anniversaries. Nobody ever heard of Wikipedia?

Having said that I knew Larry's from the '92 (Houston?) bootleg, Bono's from Indy '01....and Pretty sure Adam and Edge have birthday related bootlegs....

Yeah, knowing the band members' birthdays isn't strange at all if you listen to bootlegs. But anniversaries? Those aren't exactly shouted from the rooftops, and I've no idea why I'd even be looking up that sort of information.

Of course, with this discussion, it means I now won't forget Bono or Edge's anniversaries. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom