Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No Atlanta, noooooo.

Also surprised bit to see multiple nights in Mexico City.

I assume you mean "not" rather than "bit"? There will be extra dates added in Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil.

Anyone know (or wants to guess) how much say the teams/league has in negotiating/scheduling?

6 of the 7 are NFL cities (too soon, Lou?)

The Cardinals don't have a game until the Monday the 25th and their field slides out.

Edited to add:
Thank you, Hewson. Total fail on my part.

Last edited:
Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

Strange dates. My guess is that they still don't know which stadium they're going to play in Atlanta so they're holding off. New Orleans on a Thursday was never going to be an easy sell, so who knows why that wasn't announced.

Detroit and Minneapolis will sell out, as would Atlanta. San Diego might, being on a Friday will help. St. Louis will do okay because it's on a Saturday, same with Indy being on Sunday. Kansas City, Buffalo and possibly New Orleans will sell somewhat poorly.

Denver, Salt Lake and Phoenix would all sell better than KC and Buffalo, as would Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, etc. These dates are strange; what was announced makes as little sense as what was left out.

I'll probably go to Indy, but I'm going to wait and see how Cleveland is.

Last edited:
Strange dates. My guess is that they still don't know which stadium they're going to play in Atlanta so they're holding off. New Orleans on a Thursday was never going to be an easy sell, so who knows why that wasn't announced.

Detroit and Minneapolis will sell out, as would Atlanta. San Diego might, being on a Friday will help. St. Louis will do okay because it's on a Saturday, same with Indy being on Sunday. Kansas City, Buffalo and possibly New Orleans will sell somewhat poorly.

Denver, Salt Lake and Phoenix would all sell better than KC and Buffalo, as would Edmonton, Winnipeg, Montreal, etc. These dates are strange; what was announced makes as little sense as what was left out.

I'll probably go to Indy, but I'm going to wait and see how Cleveland is.

Neither Atlanta nor New Orleans were on the list I saw last week which could mean those dates have fallen through.
The obvious issue with Atlanta is the readiness of the new NFL stadium; no idea on NO

I think KC is going to easily be the softest ticket; midweek is a secondary market with STL getting a show as well....
I think Buffalo will probably sell well as it's basically going to pull from Toronto plus Rochester/Syracuse plus Cleveland/Pittsburgh;

Indy will be a fairly soft ticket because Chicago got 2 shows and Louisville takes care of the L'ville/Cinci market

That said, at all these shows, if they can move 40-50k tickets a show they will be happy

Well, no excuse now to not see this tour as they're hitting San Diego.

Usually the last two weeks of September are the worst for heat/humidity, so be prepared to sweat buckets, even after sun goes down.

If we had an unused code from the last pre-sales, should it be showing up in our U2.com accounts?

I'm trying to remember from last time they added new shows to I&E - weren't people freaked out that codes weren't showing up right away, but then they showed up a day later or so?

If we had an unused code from the last pre-sales, should it be showing up in our U2.com accounts?

I'm trying to remember from last time they added new shows to I&E - weren't people freaked out that codes weren't showing up right away, but then they showed up a day later or so?

I had an unused code as well, but I let my subscription lapse and it's not in there even after I renewed this morning.

From the tours page:

U2 THE JOSHUA TREE TOUR 2017
#U2TheJoshuaTree2017 heading to Mexico City, South America & back to the US. September, October.

This week:
Sun Sep 3 - Detroit, MI Ford Field
Red Hill Group Presale – Thursday, June 8, 10AM
Wires Group Presale – Friday, June 9, 10AM
Presales end – Saturday, June 10, 5PM
Public on sale – Monday, June 12, 10AM

Tue Sep 5 - Buffalo, NY New Era Field

Fri Sep 8 - Minneapolis, MN US Bank Stadium
Wires Group Presale – Friday, June 9, 11AM
Public on sale – Monday, June 12, 11AM

Sun Sep 10 - Indianapolis, IN Lucas Oil Stadium

Tue Sep 12 - Kansas City, MO Arrowhead Stadium
Wires Group Presale – Friday, June 9, 12PM
Public on sale – Monday, June 12, 12PM

Sat Sep 16 - St. Louis, MO The Dome At America’s Center

Fri Sep 22 - San Diego, CA Qualcomm Stadium

Tue Oct 3 - Mexico City, Mexico Foro Sol
Red Hill Group Presale - Thursday, June 8 10AM
Wires Group Presale - Thursday, June 8 12noon
Presales end - Saturday, June 10, 5PM
Public on sale – Wednesday, June 14, 11AM

Sat Oct 7 - Bogota, Columbia, Estadio El Campin
Public on sale – Thursday, June 15, 9AM

Tue Oct 10 - Buenos Aires, Argentina La Plata
Public on sale – Thursday, June 15, 8PM

Sat Oct 14 - Santiago, Chile Estadio Nacional
Public on sale – Thursday, June 15, 11AM

Thur Oct 19 - Sao Paulo, Brazil Morumbi Stadium
Public on sale – Friday, June 16, 12:01AM

(All times are local to venue and city.)

Presale codes will be displayed soon.

Make sure to read our updated FAQs.

I live 2 hours from Indy, and I basically have to go. My area got nothing on I&E and 360. We got Cleveland on Vertigo, but I was unable to attend that date and had to go to Detroit instead.

Now I get Louisville, Cleveland and Indianapolis as options all within a few hours of my home! I owe it to past me to go, but I am just not wild about this JT Tour. I haven't had these options since Elevation!

But I won't be buying tickets until closer to the event. I'm a farmer, and the nature of my job makes summers pretty tight financially, but I'll be in good shape come September (harvest). I don't think it'll sell out, so I'm not worried haha.

hmmmm.... So the tour wraps in October.
I don't see anything in the u2.com article about this being the end of the tour, or these being the final dates announced.

There's every reason to expect more dates to be added.

At the very least, extra shows in Mexico, Brazil, and Argentina. And they could tack on Atlanta, etc when they add those shows in another few weeks.

And what was that rumor Ax heard? Perth in November or something? More dates for Leg 3 are almost certainly coming, and a further expansion to Australia/NZ is definitely still a possibility.

But seriously, why the fuck they don't do an Irish tour is beyond me. They could play around the country and have no trouble selling out. It's absolute madness that they haven't played outside Dublin or Belfast since 1987. And then there's the rest of Europe, especially the very devoted fanbase in southern Europe. U2's obsession with America is really extreme at times.

Its an absolute farce ,they only care about money and seem to think Ireland doesn't exist outside the Pale.
We have a new stadium in Cork opening next month where they last toured with Zoo TV and the Joshua Tree.
It was the ideal opportunity for U2 to open the venue but U2 ignored it ,a crying shame.

They made a complete balls of the Croke Park gigs too ,only announcing one date thinking the Rolling Stones had the third slot in Croke Parks annual quota taken.
Now that the Rolling Stones have pulled out ,the 3rd slot is available but U2 say they cant get their equipment from Barcelona to Dublin on time for a second gig on the Friday.
What idiotic planning .
One concert for their most popular venue ,they sold out 3 gigs there for 360 in minutes.

The list of cities they have added to the US tour is mind boggling .
Good luck with selling out most of those places .

Last edited:
Neither Atlanta nor New Orleans were on the list I saw last week which could mean those dates have fallen through.
The obvious issue with Atlanta is the readiness of the new NFL stadium; no idea on NO

I am hopeful for Atlanta, and think if the new stadium is not ready, they could easily play at Bobby Dodd Stadium (Georgia Tech). It holds 55k and has had big concerts there in the past. I remember the Stones playing there not too long ago. I hoping the delay in announcement has to do with not sure which stadium quite yet.

It's not that I haven't been wrong before, but I absolutely do not believe there will be anymore US shows.

Besides, who wants to see empty stadiums in Atlanta, Carolina, St Louis/Oklahoma, New Orleans, Denver, Salt Lake and probably the others as well?

Hey, throw in Jacksonville (Florida), I still remember for POPMART around 15000 fans in a stadium that would hold around 70000 or more.

And so I've been proven wrong. Detroit, Buffalo, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St Louis, San Diego.

But still no Phoenix?!?!?!

The list of cities they have added to the US tour is mind boggling .
Good luck with selling out most of those places .

I can't imagine any of those cities selling out.

A little surprised they aren't playing Memphis, the 360 tour sold out very quickly.

The 35 and 70 obstructed view in Tampa that they opened up a few days ago are getting snapped up. Tampa is looking like a near sellout.

Ahh, expanding my horizons and am going to hit Mexico City (pending tix of course). Seven days, six nights works out just as cheap as two nights and airfare in Minneapolis, for example. :D Still a few things I didn't get to see left over from when I was there a couple of years ago., so why not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom