Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > The Joshua Tree 2017 - Tour Central > General Tour Discussion
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 01:03 AM   #16
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:44 AM
Yeah, roughly 4,000 tickets left in each of four cities, none of which are strong markets for the band, with over two months to go until showtime?

I don't see how this can possibly be spun as a bad news story, and I'm more than ready to kick U2 when they're down. Or at least I was until redhill unmasked me as a blind sheep. Who knew, eh.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Yeah, roughly 4,000 tickets left in each of four cities, none of which are strong markets for the band, with over two months to go until showtime?

I don't see how this can possibly be spun as a bad news story, and I'm more than ready to kick U2 when they're down. Or at least I was until redhill unmasked me as a blind sheep. Who knew, eh.
You bloody kiwis and your sheep

Old 03-21-2017, 07:57 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:44 PM
New Zealand, where men are men and sheep are nervous.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Fly View Post
So I just added up the standard available tickets for Tampa, Pittsburgh, Louisville and Houston . . . looks like between 16,000 and 17,000 tickers left still.

Ouch.
Eh, not really ouch. looks like about 2400 in Tampa, Looks like they just released all the seats this past week. About 3500 in Houston. About 5000 in Pitt, which is really quite impressive considering. That means around 6k or so in KY.

I would bet that prices will be cut for the latter 2 dates in the next month. Tampa and Houston will sell out, and Pitt and KY will be near sellout.

Meaning U2 will have a 98% sold out stadium tour in probably the most competitive touring season I've ever seen. Good for them.

In Contrast, Depeche Mode, with a new album getting strong reviews is still about 9000 seats away from filling up the 20,000 seat amphitheater here in Tampa.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #20
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:44 PM
If there is any criticism to be made, it was in booking so many rust belt stadium shows. If even one of the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Louisville triad had been in a different location... Vegas, Phoenix, Mexico City... the other two would probably book up and we wouldn't be having this issue. Pittsburgh and Louisville look like the biggest offenders - Cleveland looks to be okay.

Still, nothing like PopMart and pretty successful for the cities they're in. Could have just done a little better with better scheduling, but overall it's a tour that the majority of the venues sold out in short order, and the few that didn't are in historically bad markets - and even still are relatively close to sell outs and may sell out by show time.
Old 03-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:44 AM
^^^Still don't know why Las Vegas & Phoenix weren't included w/ the whole desert & wide open American themes JT carry.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:27 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The only thing I can think is that Phoenix and Denver just had 2 shows in 2015, and that maybe they want to save Vegas for the I&E tour when they can do 2 arena shows in the new arena. Vegas doesn't really have a big football stadium either, especially when you're doing an end stage show. It only took 36,000 people to sell it out on popmart.

Booking Cleveland and Pittsburgh doesn't make much sense, being so close together. One of those shows could've been in Detroit or Minneapolis for better results. Cleveland sold out on day 1, helped largely by being on a Saturday. Clearly the demand was there. Pittsburgh is selling surprisingly slow, even the floor probably has about 2,000 tickets left. TM won't allow you to see how many tickets are still left on the floor.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:55 PM   #23
The Fly

How do you see on Ticketmaster how many tickets are left for a show? Thanks.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:40 AM   #24
New Yorker

I find myself excited to hear Exit all of a sudden. I barely remember what the live version sounds like. All these songs that you sort of forget about (despite listening to studio versions) because they haven't been played live for so long.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #25
Acrobat

Well, to all the people who believed this tour was somehow going to be extended to markets in South America, Australia, New Zealand etc.

Bono also shared his thoughts about The Joshua Tree 2017 tour:

Quote:

I can't wait for these shows. I wish there were more of them. Originally there were going to be 10, then it was 20 because we had to go to Europe. But there are so many places in the world we didn't get to and that sucks. But, we will get to you when Songs Of Experience is out, which won't be too long.
Thats the latest news on Atu2.com
Old 03-23-2017, 11:30 AM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
I find myself excited to hear Exit all of a sudden. I barely remember what the live version sounds like. All these songs that you sort of forget about (despite listening to studio versions) because they haven't been played live for so long.
Exit would be the big one i want to hear. One of my favorite parts of rattle and hum.
Old 03-23-2017, 11:31 AM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by usamilo View Post
How do you see on Ticketmaster how many tickets are left for a show? Thanks.
You have to go to the map of the stadium. Deselect resale tickets, and then hover over the blue areas and it says how many remain. Although they don't give numbers on U2's GA area anymore. Pitt and KY still have a couple thousand GA's available, as of the last time they provided numbers.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #28
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono2017 View Post
Well, to all the people who believed this tour was somehow going to be extended to markets in South America, Australia, New Zealand etc.

Bono also shared his thoughts about The Joshua Tree 2017 tour:

Thats the latest news on Atu2.com
Oh ya?
Old 03-23-2017, 02:40 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabigon View Post
Exit for me was the highlight of the 3 JT shows I saw in 1987. Its one of those songs that just goes to a whole different level live.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:50 PM   #30
Ghost of Love

RClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByU2 Interference1490316612.948690.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	11151

Go

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

Closed Thread