Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh you. Bono just turned 57.

When Jagger was 57,the Stones did 117 shows in under a year's time. Bigger Bang's 157 shows came when Jagger was 63.

McCartney did 91 shows on Out There and is on 70 and counting on One on One... Over 70 years old on each tour.

And, uh, did you really just compare Springsteen's stage movement (he's 10 years older than Bono, btw) to Bono's? Really? That's but even with an acknowledgement.

And the point was that those acts were, and in the case of Macca and Bruce are, able to continue touring at a high level as they approach 70 because they keep themselves in incredible shape. That Bono gets in worse and worse shape with each passing tour does not bode well.

Bono is 57 and they did 75 shows two years ago, 30 or so this year (more rumoured in S. America with JT30 and the I/E tour is said to go on too). So ?

I'm sure McCartney did, and as a Beatle fan, I'm glad he's still touring. You do realise he's doing a lot of numbers behind the piano sitting down/standing at the mic playing guitar, not moving around like Bono or Jagger or Bruce ? No comparison.

And, uh, yes I did. It is also true that Bruce plays more guitar during the shows than Bono. But - again, have yet to see present-day Bono - I don't consider the difference as big as you make it out between the two of them. Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode might a better example, (ie zero guitar playing, which i think is where Bono is at right now due to the bike accident?) but a great frontman and mover. Even more impressive given his past troubles with drugs.

You say shape (doesn't Bono use boxing to get ready for a tour ? there might be less preparation for this short tour compared to a full blown world tour), I don't see that sharp of a decline between Elevation, Vertigo and 360 Bono. A little, but nothing terrible. The charisma and showmanship is still there, even if he's not moving as he was in his early 20's. Maybe his back surgery is limiting his abilities ? And who's to say U2 intends to tour at 70 ?

i randomly looked up Wilco setlist and it seemed to be that they mostly play 24/25 song setlist nearly overnight. U2 can do this.

Fuck you people can find anything to whinge about. I'll sure as shit take a 21-song setlist that has JT and Bad over a 26-song setlist with shit from the last album and Ordinary Love.

Fuck you people can find anything to whinge about. I'll sure as shit take a 21-song setlist that has JT and Bad over a 26-song setlist with shit from the last album and Ordinary Love.

:) quality :)

I do like songs of innocence a lot but that did make me chuckle

The tours been sold on playing the Joshua tree from front to back, like I said earlier anything else is a bonus

And, uh, yes I did. It is also true that Bruce plays more guitar during the shows than Bono. But - again, have yet to see present-day Bono - I don't consider the difference as big as you make it out between the two of them.

This is silly, but I'm not surprised. Cause ?

Why is this even a debate?

https://youtu.be/-uMFxNCQrG8

That was the 30th song of the night​, 3 hours and 40 minutes into the show. And he played 3 more songs after it.

And he's 67.

He's a freak or nature. Trying to say anyone other than the late James Brown is close to him is a silly silly thing.

Let's face it, if they added ASoH back and then added another song, it would probably be Vertigo anyway and people would gripe about THAT.

Well, they could play Zooropa. With all the talk about the renewed relevance of TJT, it seems to me Zooropa is actually the most relevant song in the current propaganda/fake news environment.

LOL...coming from the guy who just whinged about Bono jabbering too much at his own show.

I'd take 26 songs and the jabbering over 21 songs and pretty much saying nothing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The point is, you're saying "fuck you" because of the stupid sh*t people whinge about, when you've done your share of whinging about stupid sh*t around here yourself.

And it's all stupid sh*t. So do drop the attitude, and try to express your opinion without saying "fuck you" and calling people dickheads.

Can you do that, COBL04? Can you?

Last edited:
Im not so fussed about the length of the set. 22 songs is OK, if its beautifully crafted set lost which U2 normally do. This one though doesn't feel paced quite right/take you on a journey. In some ways I reckon they would have been better to break the JT up and craft other things around it.... But then we would have complained about the order I guess ha:doh:

I think you're confused, BVS. No, I didn't do that either. Said it was 3-4 songs shorter than the last tour. Which it is (so far).

Was there anything else?

I sort of hope it's health reasons...
Redhill was right...

:eyeroll:

Once again, no confusion.

Trolling: spinning this into an underlying problem
Not trolling: this is the norm, nothing to complain or worry about

Last edited:
I said that if U2 was playing a shorter set than the last tour b/c of health reasons, it was understandable. Rather than their heart simply not being in the tour.

Trolling: spinning this into an underlying problem
Not trolling: this is the norm, nothing to complain or worry about

Well, Bono's blather is the norm also, and there's a whole thread complaining about that. Are all those people trolls....well, yes BVS, of course they are.

Dear me. You are confused.

Last edited:
I said that if U2 was playing a shorter set than the last tour b/c of health reasons, it was understandable. Rather than their heart simply not being in the tour.

Well, Bono's blather is the norm also, and there's a whole thread complaining about that. Are all those people trolls....well, yes BVS, of course they are.

Dear me. You are confused.

Well they've debating if it's gotten worse or not, yet not one is trying to twist it into a sign of troubles.

Do try to keep up grandpa.

Goodness gracious. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were confused, now I think you're simply trying to twist my words.

Isn't what trolls (your favourite subject) do BVS?

(sigh)

Last edited:
Untitled.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom