Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be funny if SOE, whenever it finally happens, can't replicate that.

Thinking about going over from Sweden to Boston and New York for 2 weeks and also during this trip see U2 at Gilette and Metlife. For what i gathered from the 360 tour, US stadium tours does not sell out not nearly as fast as they do in Europe, is this only seats or GA as well?

I am doing a rough plan in my had currently so thinking about when to get tickets ( as late as possible would be best so i can better save money for the trip then :D ) and what type of tickets to get. I prefer GA but the older you get now it gets rougher and rougher to be standing all day and all that jazz, maybe Red Zone then...?

Gunna need some advice.. :D

Out of curiosity just checked the hotel rates near Croke for that week.... faaaark. I know it's legal due to hotels not usually charging their "full rate" but still that's outrageous.

Sent from my SM-G930F using U2 Interference mobile app

Rumors? What type of rumors and expectations do we have for second shows in some cities?

If sales go really well, my prediction for extra shows:

12 May 2017 - Vancouver, BC - BC Place
14 May 2017 - Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field
17 May 2017 - Santa Clara, CA - Levi's Stadium
18 May 2017 - Santa Clara, CA - Levi's Stadium
20 May 2017 - Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
21 May 2017 - Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
24 May 2017 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
26 May 2017 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium
3 June 2017 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
4 June 2017 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
7 June 2017 - Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
9 June 2017 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival
11 June 2017 - Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
14 June 2017 - Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
18 June 2017 - Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
20 June 2017 - Landover, MD - FedExField
22 June 2017 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
23 June 2017 - Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
25 June 2017 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
26 June 2017 - Foxborough, MA - Gillette Stadium
28 June 2017 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
29 June 2017 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
1 July 2017 - Cleveland, OH - First Energy Stadium

8 July 2017 - London, England - Twickenham Stadium
9 July 2017 - London, England - Twickenham Stadium
12 July 2017 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
13 July 2017 - Berlin, Germany - Olympiastadion
15 July 2017 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
16 July 2017 - Rome, Italy - Stadio Olimpico
18 July 2017 - Barcelona, Spain - Estadi Olímpic
19 July 2017 - Barcelona, Spain - Estadi Olímpic
22 July 2017 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
23 July 2017 - Dublin, Ireland - Croke Park
25 July 2017 - Paris, France - Stade de France
26 July 2017 - Paris, France - Stade de France
29 July 2017 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
30 July 2017 - Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Amsterdam ArenA
1 August 2017 - Brussels, Belgium - King Baudouin Stadium
2 August 2017 - Brussels, Belgium - King Baudouin Stadium

I don't think they are going to pack many more dates (if any at all) to the already announced schedule due to the very short breaks between shows as it already stands. I think the most likely North America cities to get second shows are LA, Chicago, Toronto and New Jersey. I just can't see Bono especially handling 4+ shows in a seven day span.

After the initial euphoria Iam having doubts. The friend whom I am going with is a republican and given bonos propensity to be political she might feel :crack:. I have the feeling that this will tour will be more political ( justifiably so that's why I love JT)
On top of that it's a t the atrocious Rose bowl which is literally the worst .
Should I skip and just wait for next year,?

Any words of wisdom?

After the initial euphoria Iam having doubts. The friend whom I am going with is a republican and given bonos propensity to be political she might feel :crack:. I have the feeling that this will tour will be more political ( justifiably so that's why I love JT)
On top of that it's a t the atrocious Rose bowl which is literally the worst .
Should I skip and just wait for next year,?

Any words of wisdom?

I would advise against anybody waiting for the eventual tour for SOE. It may not happen. This might be it for a few years. We just don't know what they will do. If you care about seeing U2, I'd suggest going to a show this year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I would advise against anybody waiting for the eventual tour for SOE. It may not happen. This might be it for a few years. We just don't know what they will do. If you care about seeing U2, I'd suggest going to a show this year.

My thoughts exactly. There's no guarantees, which is why after initially figuring I would sit this one out, I'm going to make every effort to get to Chicago after all.

From the desk of Live Nation...

U2 The Joshua Tree Tour 2017

May
Friday May 12th Vancouver, BC - BC Place Stadium
Sunday May 14th Seattle, WA - CenturyLink Field
Wednesday May 17th San Francisco, CA - Levi's Stadium
Saturday May 20th Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
Sunday May 21st Pasadena, CA - Rose Bowl
Wednesday May 24th - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium
Friday May 26th - Dallas, TX - AT&T Stadium
Monday May 29th - Phoenix, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium
Wednesday May 31st – Detroit, MI - Ford Field

June
Saturday June 3rd Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Sunday June 4th Chicago, IL - Soldier Field
Wednesday June 7th Pittsburgh, PA - Heinz Field
Sunday June 11th Miami, FL - Hard Rock Stadium
Wednesday June 14th Tampa, FL - Raymond James Stadium
Saturday June 17th Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Sunday June 18th Philadelphia, PA - Lincoln Financial Field
Tuesday June 20th Washington, DC - FedEx Field
Thursday June 22nd Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Friday June 23rd Toronto, ON - Rogers Centre
Sunday June 25th Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium
Monday June 26th Boston, MA - Gillette Stadium
Wednesday June 28th East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
Thursday June 29th East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium
Sat. July 1st Cleveland, OH - First Energy Stadium

Last edited:
Man, I'd so much rather drop a few hundo on Sat 6/17 in Philly then Sun 6/18. Esp being Sunday is Father Day. Saturday would be a much much better tailgate!

When will the added shows go on sale? I'll be trying for GAs, and I would rather see the second NJ show than the first, and don't want to waste my presale code on the first show if I would be able to get tickets to day two (but I'm also nervous about then possibly missing out altogether).

Real talk:

How many shows till they ditch the "whole album, every night" promise? I'd like to stay optimistic that they'll stick to it, but I do recall i+e tour being announced with the promise of unique paired shows.

When will the added shows go on sale? I'll be trying for GAs, and I would rather see the second NJ show than the first, and don't want to waste my presale code on the first show if I would be able to get tickets to day two (but I'm also nervous about then possibly missing out altogether).

At some point after the regular onsale for the first night shows. If the last two tours are any indication, we'll get another round of presales for the new dates. Hopefully.

Real talk:

How many shows till they ditch the "whole album, every night" promise? I'd like to stay optimistic that they'll stick to it, but I do recall i+e tour being announced with the promise of unique paired shows.
I think unique paired shows would require them to "rehearse" a lot more material, whereas all they have to rehearse for this tour are 11 songs and maybe 10-20 others. I bet that the setlists will be ridiculously static this time around.

Good evening. Does anyone know what agency or company will likely handle the ticket sales for the European shows, especially Brussels, Amsterdam, and Paris, so that we can go ahead and register accounts now, and not have to mess with that at silly o'clock in our home time zone, please?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Real talk:

I think there's cause for optimism, in that the entire tour is billed around them playing the entire album (whether in sequence or not). Sure, the pairs thing was in the original IE announcement, but it wasn't the centrepiece of the tour and an essentially identical amount of shows would have been booked anyway. They'd open themselves up to a wave of negative reviews if they don't do all eleven songs.

But we've been burned enough times that I nonetheless expect to get dudded. Can't wait for them to decide Red Hill is too hard or Exit is too dark or whatever.

(Though I won't shed a tear if they give up on Trip.)

The links are now showing up on the U2.com website, and I had already found my way to the Belgian Ticketmaster website. It does appear that credit card info can't be entered until you select a ticket/get to the checkout screen.

Hope everyone gets the tickets they want.

I think unique paired shows would require them to "rehearse" a lot more material, whereas all they have to rehearse for this tour are 11 songs and maybe 10-20 others. I bet that the setlists will be ridiculously static this time around.

As opposed to how wildly varied they normally are? Static set lists are the name of the game with this band

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom