Joshua Tree Tour 2017 - Live DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danm

The Fly
Thought I'd start a thread to discuss where we think the live DVD will be for this tour (assuming they release one).

U2 as we all know, always release a live DVD for each tour they do. So what show/location do people think it will be for this tour?

Croke Park seems a good bet.

For what it's worth, there was a HUGE camera up on stage filming the audience just prior to the show in Paris last night. Hadn't seen or heard about it for any other shows.

After seeing the video in here I think its safe to say it will be Dublin:

WATCH: U2 live at Croke Park - Independent.ie

They have proshot-video's like this from every show, so this video isn't an indication of a Dublin DVD.

The masterpiece of the show is the screen with its stunning visuals, and the screen is at its best when it's dark. In Dublin there was (like most European shows) still too much daylight when the JT-part started. I guess they will use a show where it was already totally dark when Streets started. I would maybe put my money on Rome: amazing crowd, already dark even before the show started, and there were also reports of much more camera's as usual.

The other question is: IF they release a dvd, WHEN will they release it? A release before Christmas would make sense, but it looks like the new album is finished and we can expect it maybe this year, or begin 2018. Releasing an album and a dvd shortly after eachother would be a little bit strange, isn't it?! So maybe they only release the show as an bonus-dvd with the new album (like they did with the Milan 2005-dvd). And maybe the dvd won't contain the full show, but only the JT-part?

They usually take a while to release their concert DVDs, (unironic) 2018 it is. Off the top of my head Rose Bowl 360 took 9 months to be released, and that was after being streamed live on Youtube.

They usually take a while to release their concert DVDs, (unironic) 2018 it is. Off the top of my head Rose Bowl 360 took 9 months to be released, and that was after being streamed live on Youtube.

I&E Paris wasn't that late I think? Concert december 2015, dvd release Spring 2016?

I'm almost certain there won't be a DVD. Perhaps some footage on a bonus disc somewhere, a la Paris 1987 or Milan 2005.

I'm almost certain there won't be a DVD. Perhaps some footage on a bonus disc somewhere, a la Paris 1987 or Milan 2005.

Why? They've released a DVD of every tour since Zoo TV and this tour has been very successful and well-received, not to mention the visuals are beautiful. They'd be idiots not to release a DVD of the show

Yeah, crazy if they don't - big money maker, and they can hold onto it to not detract form the album. Release ahead of the next tour starting to drum up some ticket sales

I think Sao Paulo. Ending tour there and have 4 nights to get everything just right.

They could do another TV broadcast and release the DVD later.

It would be so stupid not to release a DVD... and come on, DVD releases nowadays don't compete with new audio albums...

How is a DVD of TJT 2017 tour in competition with the new album?

They may not release a DVD it's true, but I doubt that would be the reason.

They must release a DVD for this tour, it's just their best version of the Joshua Tree album ever!

Yeah, no.

Did you attend the original tour, or Lovetown?

Last edited:
How many copies did the I&E DVD sell? I wouldn't even just say "old people," I'd say "U2 diehards" are the only ones buying the DVDs.

I don't think there's any competition between the DVD and a CD. More and more people get their music from streaming these days, including U2 fans, who I'd guess tend to skew at least somewhat more educated and affluent...even if they are older. And as for die hard fans, well they're going to buy both the DVD and CD no matter what.

I just don't think it's really an issue. Though again, they might have other reasons for not putting the DVD out there. Maybe they're not as keen on memorialising this tour as we are. And while there's usually a gap of several years between a DVD release and the next tour, I'd guess that won't be the case this time, so perhaps that might play into the equation.

Last edited:
San Diego = dry run/filming practice and set up for logistics.

Mexico will be the source/location for the TJT tour DVD.

Maybe they will put a DVD of the Joshua tree tour in with songs of experience. As a deluxe version. Guaranteed to get more sales with that

I figure they should put every single B-Stage performance from every single show on the DVD to make it worth having that FUCKING CAMERA BOOM in the way for the $350 Red Zone tickets. Why they were filming them during times where they weren't even on the screen really pissed me off - what do they do with this footage anyway? Annoying as shit - pretty ticked off that there was some pretty obstructed spots to stand for $350... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom