It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The best part is one of the people in the "line" being upset that it was advertised online. Seriously. They want it to be secret.

Yep. The racket cannot be televised.

My kingdom for an announced lottery system of some sort coming out tomorrow after half these putzes have already "waited" in line for "days."

Oh, this so hard. :p

They'll be crying in their room service meals if that happens

You mean the room service meal they have to celebrate after meeting Bono for the 85th time, planning arrival at venue at 4:30pm because they put in soooooooo many hours the two days prior (with 15 other friends). LOL.

giphy.gif

I mean...

giphy.gif

If I do get a GA for this tour, I'll be walking in at 6:30 PM. Fuck the list.

Going to enjoy the fine dining experience a few blocks over in Yaletown before I pop over to the ga floor of BC Place, shortly before 7 or just after. Craft brews, a steak, and maybe some mussels. I don't think a line can do that for me.

Guess you aren't a real fan then.

From the guy who was mad the line was publicized:

I think the only people really being screwed with that are people from Vancouver. But at the same time, the Vancouverians (?) who care the most have being hanging around the stadium anyway for a few days.

Because if you're flying from out of town (or country, like me), you're more than a regular fan, and you would "know" that something like this would happen, specially for a tour opener. So you don't need to know when the line starts, you know there's a line.

Going to enjoy the fine dining experience a few blocks over in Yaletown before I pop over to the ga floor of BC Place, shortly before 7 or just after. Craft brews, a steak, and maybe some mussels. I don't think a line can do that for me.

I'm sure the folks at the "front of the line" will be doing plenty of sightseeing and fine dining around Vancouver while their name waits on a sheet of paper.

Indeed, just walk by BC Place. About 6 people sittin on lawn chairs in a circle. Maybe one empty chair. They are only in the general vicinity of the front of the GA line though well outside the barriers. I saw a makeshift handmade "U2 GA" sign hanging off the barricades. Definitely unofficial.

Each to their own I suppose, if that's what they want to do then FairPlay to them.

For me if I started queuing today and the gig was Friday night. I would want the gig to be over asap so I can go get a shower and sleep in my own bed. Would be way to much for me

I'll queue up early on the day that's the most I've done

Indeed, just walk by BC Place. About 6 people sittin on lawn chairs in a circle. Maybe one empty chair. They are only in the general vicinity of the front of the GA line though well outside the barriers. I saw a makeshift handmade "U2 GA" sign hanging off the barricades. Definitely unofficial.
What a joke. It really should be lottery or GTFO.

My issue is they claim they were "forced" to start the "line" early. No. I'd wager they were told there is no line allowed, and to get off the property. But *gasp* that means other fans may end up in front, so they start this "secret" list so they can assure themselves and their cronies a rail spot. It's fucking ridiculous.

LOL so GA peeps are bitching about credit card entry - they don't like the idea of having to all go in together.

Awww... why? So you can't strongarm spots along the rail for people behind you that aren't there at doors? So the other 9 friends of yours who have been in the hotel all day will look obvious when you bring them in right behind you at doors?

Kind of unintentional justice, IMO. :sexywink:

Are they doing the whole "first 500 people get a wristband" deal so you can go early in the day, get a wristband, leave, and then show up before the show starts with a spot in line? Heard about that on Interference last tour and it worked great for LA3. We went to the venue in the morning, got our "place" in line, then busted around town for the rest of the day before heading back.

The question is though, with 6 people there physically, how many are on the list? I'll bet easily 25+. That's what they do, they all put in 3 hours on rotation a couple of times sitting there to maintain this line, and then go on and on the day of show about how they've 'been there since Wednesday' so they can show up at 3:46pm on show day and brag about how they 'just met the band'.

Are they doing the whole "first 500 people get a wristband" deal so you can go early in the day, get a wristband, leave, and then show up before the show starts with a spot in line? Heard about that on Interference last tour and it worked great for LA3. We went to the venue in the morning, got our "place" in line, then busted around town for the rest of the day before heading back.

The Forum was the best at handling GA. That was a venue specific policy which kicked ass. We got wristbands, then hit Roscoes, then tailgated until doors.

I suspect the Rose Bowl won't be as good based on 2009. We are just planning on getting there when parking opens and throwing a huge tailgate.

The question is though, with 6 people there physically, how many are on the list? I'll bet easily 25+. That's what they do, they all put in 3 hours on rotation a couple of times sitting there to maintain this line, and then go on and on the day of show about how they've 'been there since Wednesday' so they can show up at 3:46pm on show day and brag about how they 'just met the band'.

It's over 70 at this point.

Each to their own I suppose, if that's what they want to do then FairPlay to them.

For me if I started queuing today and the gig was Friday night. I would want the gig to be over asap so I can go get a shower and sleep in my own bed. Would be way to much for me

I'll queue up early on the day that's the most I've done

I don't think any of us would have an issue with folks lining up for whatever length of time they wanted, as long as they actually stayed in line. This system is they create a list, put names on it and go back to their hotels, leaving a few folks to mind the list in shifts while dozens more relax off site. And then they try to bully anyone who shows up into abiding by their rules and not the rules of the venue.

The Forum was the best at handling GA. That was a venue specific policy which kicked ass. We got wristbands, then hit Roscoes, then tailgated until doors.

Boston did it similarly, handed out wristbands at 8:00 AM and then return to line up in order before doors.
Of course even with that the list folks still had their list to be the first ones for wristbands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom