It's GA "line" shenanigan time!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So really, with the way 4 tickets are tied to my credit card...what happens if I get there at 6am, 2 of my friends get there at 9 and the last can't make it until 3.

What realistically is going to happen when it's time to enter the venue?

Nothing. Just have your friends join you when they get there. Don't listen to any line policemen about this. There's nothing anybody can do to stop you. It's just a reality of CC entry when tickets go onsale about a year early for every show. There's also about 1 million feet of rail space in every venue. Everyone just calm the fuck down.

haha er...yeah. This is the second time you've asked about this. You're going to be really hard pushed to find the answer you want here, to be honest.

The people who decided they deserve to be on the rail every night and came up with a top secret system to make sure they get that precious spot without putting in the hours don't tend to show themselves on boards like this. Funny that.

So anyway, I hate to be a shit in the corn flakes but you're stuck with the common sense brigade here. Sorry.

Look it seems that getting in line at 3 will still get you a terrific spot. I agree I wish they'd give options for people in this situation, but they don't... so everyone goes in at once, and getting line whenever the last person arrives.

I had planned on getting to MetLife around noon for one of the two shows and hooking up with some friends and going in together, but my situation has changed and I won't be able to get there probably until closer to 5. So be it. I'd be a dick to try and cut everyone who has been waiting in line all day just because my situation changed.

If you had to meet up with three friends, one of whom had the CC to scan, and I were behind those people in line, I wouldn't care one bit. It happens in every line, everywhere, from Disney World to the airport. There's so much space in there. It's not going to matter in the least.

Nothing. Just have your friends join you when they get there. Don't listen to any line policemen about this. There's nothing anybody can do to stop you. It's just a reality of CC entry when tickets go onsale about a year early for every show. There's also about 1 million feet of rail space in every venue. Everyone just calm the fuck down.
Have you actually tried that at a U2 show? Because I've seen people try to do that and it didn't go well for them.

This is separate from the idiotic list. It's just common courtesy.

I agree I wish they'd give options for people in this situation, but they don't...

Who is "they"?

I'm honestly curious just exactly what will happen on concert day. I stand in line for (non-U2) front row GA tickets all the time and people never really have problems with people coming a little later as long as one or two people out of 4 are there all day

Last edited:
Who is "they"?

I'm honestly curious just exactly what will happen on concert day. I stand in line for (non-U2) front row GA tickets all the time and people never really have problems with people coming a little later as long as one or two people out of 4 are there all day

They = U2 and LiveNation

What will happen depends on the people in line and the venue. Maybe nobody will care, maybe they'll start an argument, maybe security will get involved, maybe they won't.

Ultimately it's kind of a dickish move to jump in front of dozens if not hundreds of people who have been waiting outside all day long. If that's okay with you? Hey, you might get away with it. You might not. But it's your call. I wouldn't, but that's me. I know people who have. I don't think they're assholes, I just think they did an asshole thing.

Who is "they"?

At other shows I've seen people cut and there's grumbling but it still happens. At U2 because the line is numbered, it doesn't work. U2 fans in general won't let cutters in. I've seen people try it and fail.

I mean I'm 100% with y'all that I would not want my friends to jump in with me if they weren't there all day.

It's just the cc/ticket situation that is making this difficult for me to comprehend showing up and being there all day but not being able to go in until much later.

So if anyone has experience from the ie tour or the first couple of shows I'd love to hear how this is being handled. Is there a way to get hard tickets printed on site once all the people in my group show up? Then they go in line based on when they arrived?

I mean I'm 100% with y'all that I would not want my friends to jump in with me if they weren't there all day.

It's just the cc/ticket situation that is making this difficult for me to comprehend showing up and being there all day but not being able to go in until much later.
We're on the same page there... I wish there was another option, i.e. leave tickets at Will Call for anyone not there early, or even an option to scan and get wristbanded before you get online... so that somebody could come with his entire group at 8/9am, those who didn't want to stay in line could leave and just keep their wristbands on, and those who wanted to stay could stay.

It's a shitty system and I do put it on U2 for not being a little creative on the day of, or even just in the overall managing of the line itself the way other acts do.

But alas, until they institute a more logical system, it should be first come first serve, and if you're not there, you're not there.

So if anyone has experience from the ie tour or the first couple of shows I'd love to hear how this is being handled. Is there a way to get hard tickets printed on site once all the people in my group show up? Then they go in line based on when they arrived?

I haven't heard of any paper tickets being issued. On I.E. a couple of venues would do that, but it was the exception. I'd recommend seeing if your party can show up earlier.

Or, just don't show up 9 hours before the folks you are going in with get there. Talk about a waste of time.

Yeah if anything, assuming there aren't any issues like Vancouver with people stuck outside for ages, you guys could just go elsewhere for a drink, enjoy actual seats instead of concrete for the afternoon, show up after the doors open and still get a great spot!

My friends and I joined the line at 3:30 yesterday, but only because we were concerned about a clusterfuck like Vancouver. Not sure how long it would have taken to get in if we'd showed up at 6 or 6:30, but there was loads of room on the floor still by then. Great spot closeish to the main stage on Adam's side.

Seems like a lot of GA gravitates toward the middle and the side of the stage at which the field entrance is located. If it's a "one entrance for GA" venue, go to the opposite side, you should find space for days.

No, I didn't take any. Too far back and I'm too short to get any good shots, so I didn't bother. Lots of heads in the way so I rarely could see them on the B-stage from where we were, but I was fine with that. I had a good view of them on the main stage and the entire screen, which is what I wanted.

I just don't care about getting close. I've had my fun up there, but my goal now is usually just finding a spot where I have room to jump around or move if I need to find a new window to see the band.

Well, that answers the question as far as view of main stage when you're not tall.

I could easily have gotten closer, but I would rather have more space to find a window to see, rather than venturing into territory where it's more crowded, and harder to move around for sightlines.

One of my friends, who is a smidge shorter than I am, seemed to get some good pictures just by holding her camera up, so it's not like you couldn't see anything. I was just more interested in seeing the screen than the band members tonight, but I did see both. ;)

It would be great if U2 would go down the same road as Springsteen and do wristbands and a lottery;

My friends and I joined the line at 3:30 yesterday, but only because we were concerned about a clusterfuck like Vancouver. Not sure how long it would have taken to get in if we'd showed up at 6 or 6:30, but there was loads of room on the floor still by then. Great spot closeish to the main stage on Adam's side.

Seems like a lot of GA gravitates toward the middle and the side of the stage at which the field entrance is located. If it's a "one entrance for GA" venue, go to the opposite side, you should find space for days.

Thanks for the info. Just out of curiosity, by "great spot" do you mean close to the stage? How close? The reason I ask is that I'm short (5' 2) and GA doesn't work for me if I'm behind 10+ people that are taller than me. So that's why I line up early. I'm getting kind of nervous for Levi's Stadium and Rose Bowl because the venues aren't opening the parking lots until later in the day. Do you know how far back in the line you were? Thanks so much. I'm so excited, but this part always gets me stressed out. :hyper:

Well, I'm 5'2" as well. If you really want to get within a few rows of one of the stages, you should line up much earlier. By the time we went in, I could have been very close to the rail on the far right side of the main stage, and had a side view, but I wanted to see the screen.

No idea how many people were in front of us when we joined - they'd stopped giving out numbers well before that.

If you care about really being able to see the band members fairly close and all the time, definitely line up.

If you don't care so much about that, follow my advice. :)

Yeah. My goal was to find a spot near the back with lots of space to move and jump and easily find a sightline to the band as needed. I had friends with me who had numbers for the line, but when they woke up they decided to bag it and hung with me in the back, and had an absolute blast.

They were both short as well, and even with numbers in the 300s for Vancouver, they were about 7 rows back but totally jammed into their spots and could barely move (much less see), so they didn't really enjoy the show that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom