How to meet the band this tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey guys. So just wanted to share my story:

I arrived at 3pm and yep exactly as you said they didn't get there until 530ish. First the Edge and half an hour later Bono.

They stopped for autographs but not pictures. It was my first time "meeting" the band.

My whole experience though was ruined by these awful thugs standing next to me. They claimed I pushed them to take a spot. In reality there was a ton of pushing going on behind me and everyone was bumping into each other. There was an open spot between the two of them and I took it. Didn't know that it was a crime.

Anyway they spent the entire rest of the time threatening violence against me. While the Edge passed and afterwards when Bono came. Talked about how they're going to find me on the floor and kick my ass. How they'd beat me up now but don't feel like going to jail, etc. Such an unpleasant experience. :(

Hey ! Good for you that you took that spot. Free space is free space. You know that you didn't push anyone. It sounds like you just got a run in with wacko's or autograph hunters (who are aggresive AF)

If it makes you feel any better , I can tell you the first time I tried to catch a glimpse of the band in Brussels during 360, it was the same. The people where rowdy and screamy too. . Even when U2 members already came walking towards us they just wouldn't shut up..
(Edge was making a straight beeline for us) Then people around me started freaking out. there was a "grown" man in his 40's.. He was to the left of me and he screamed like a madman.
I was behind a lady in a wheelchair. And I was helping her get her book signed. She and I both got pushed away and shoved by this man. He , even elbowed me in the face. :sigh:

I swore never again. Becuase Edge saw this happening he made a 180 degrees turn and we never saw him again... I was in disdain . Not of the band but of the amount of assholes I've seen that day. The crazies can be real gobshites.

Someone even stole the only U2 setlist I got, right out of my pocket at one of the london shows. Pathetic and Gutting.

-

But last tour in someone convinced me to try and do the meeting thing again in a different place , and I'm glad he did.
It was the total opposite, everyone was chill. Remained calm and it completely affected the time U2 takes to hang out with their fans. They took plenty of it to chat, shake hands, sign, take pics etc.

People should just learn to calm the F down as even U2 are just some people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom