How did resellers have tickets before they went on sale? Answers in this article.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Interesting. It also explains all the Red Zone tix for sale on re-sale sites that technically cannot be resold. Speculative ticket selling.....selling RZ tix that cannot be bought or re-sold by them, but they still will find a sucker anyway.

it seemed like an informative article, but i got tired of the puns by the time Bullet came around and had to stop :(

Yeah, those first three paragraphs or so are rubbish and have nothing to do with the subject. As for the rest of the article, it can basically be summarized as:
Many of the tickets you see on secondary market sites are not tickets the resellers have in hand. They are speculative tickets. Once a consumer buys it, only then will the reseller try to find a matching ticket for cheaper. If no matching ticket is available or only for a higher price? Tough luck for the consumer, it won't get delivered.

Oh the whole style going song by song attempting to tie it all in was garbage. I stopped reading after I got the gist of the "speculative ticket sales" information. It wasn't enjoyable at all, but it was informative.

It was interesting to me, because in one of the RZ threads, someone was talking about all the RZ tix for sale there. I had made a comment about being puzzled about how that could possibly be, and then this all makes sense.

These guys are selling you RZ tix they don't have (and can't really re-sell, even if they DO get them) and then promising to get them for you, all while LOOKING as if they already have them. Unless, of course, you read the fine print under "sellers notes". The interesting part in the article was when they stated alot of these guys will sell it, not procure said tickets, and just vanish never to be seen from again. They'd rather close up shop and start up again.

The advice I take from this is valid: Don't try to buy RZ secondary, unless from Ticketmaster's own secondary site, and you can't do that, because there are none offered ;) For kicks I even attempted to "sell" mine and it wouldn't let me.

Interesting. It also explains all the Red Zone tix for sale on re-sale sites that technically cannot be resold. Speculative ticket selling.....selling RZ tix that cannot be bought or re-sold by them, but they still will find a sucker anyway.

Red Zone tickets have to be picked up at the venue. Nothing stopping a tout from buying 4 and then walking in to the show with 3 fans who bought them from him

Back
Top Bottom